1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Triscuits: Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by by086, Aug 26, 2005.

1. by086

by086 Well-Known Member

Just wondering how triscuits are for bulking. Are they like eating a candy bar? or like eating some fruit? What I'm trying to say is that they are baked, whole grain wheat crackers.

one serving is 6 crackers

total fat 4.5 g
    sat fat .5g

poly un sat fat 2.5
    Monounsat fat 1 g

carb 20 g
    fiber 3 g
    Protein 3 g.

I dont know what the different fats mean or anything like that but any help would be appreciated. Thanks! These are roasted Garlic triscuits btw.

2. Gordo

Gordo Well-Known Member

For a snack? Sure on a bulk. Hey, they're a better profile than say taco chips so dip those puppies in salsa instead of the usual saturated fat laden nacho chip.

Ideally you want to minimize your saturated fats and limit them to natural sources (like when found in animal products like beef etc...)

The MSG in triscuits is not ideal though...

http://www.nabiscoworld.com/Brands/ProductInformation.aspx?BrandKey=triscuit&Site=1&Product=4400000080

Now you have to consider that... if, you are bulking for bodybuilding purposes (ie a contest is in your future) then I'd say skip the triscuits and stick to better carb sources to maintain a fairly clean bulk.

But if you are putting on size, and, there's not too much concern about a little added fat and these are not part of your daily diet, then I'd say enjoy your snack. :)

3. by086

by086 Well-Known Member

can anyone tell me what the different fats mean?

4. brezman

brezman Well-Known Member

Mono is good fat, same stuff thats found in nuts.

I eat triscuits all the damn time, quick easy carb/fiber source, get the low fat version and you're down to 3g fat/serving as well, and they don't taste any different imo.

5. Oranzith

Oranzith Well-Known Member

btw, just for future notice -

It is the ingredients label that means more than the exact nutritrional breakdown. Those numbers mean nothing without knowing where the calories are coming from.

On a bulk I suppose. I have looked at the ingredients label twice in hopes of approving of them, and each time something held me in check