1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

travelling with supplements

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by Yurei25, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Yurei25

Yurei25 Active Member

Hi!

Im travelling next month for 5 days. I usually have my pwo shake with maltodextrin and dextrose. I dont fancy taking a bunch of tubes of powders with me because im only taking a small luggage with.
    So, im thinking of taking a sachet on ON whey (450g) and i was wondering if its ok to use those carb gel thingys as a carb source for pwo? does it work the same way?

sorry for the noobness:D thanks :tucool:

im on a cut btw

#1 Yurei25, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  2. Yurei25

Yurei25 Active Member

anyone please?:D

3. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Really, my only input is my limited experience traveling with supps....

Protein powder is a guarantee that the X-Ray guy will pull your bag. They can't tell the difference between powder and liquid.

To make it more interesting, you could put the powders in unlabeled ziplock baggies...:dance:

4. Yurei25

Yurei25 Active Member

hehe:evil:
    Hey do you happen to know if those GU energy gels are good to have with post workout shake? thanks

5. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Can't help there....I just do a protein powder and creatine....thats about it...

6. Yurei25

Yurei25 Active Member

hmm! Ive been told i should take carbs with my protein after i lift because otherwise i will lose muscle. But on a cut, to be honest i could do without them and take the extra calories as protein.
    are you lifting? and are you doing ok without the carbs after or are you just eating whole sources of carbs like potatos/pasta?

thanks for the patience! :)

7. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

My carbs come in the form of oatmeal, beans, pasta and breads (for the most part)

This is my weekly routine:
    Monday: basketball
    Tuesday: Squats, calves, leg accessory exercise
    Wednesday: BB Bench, Standing BB Press, Dips
    Thurday: basketball
    Friday: Deadlift, Row, Curl

Carb timing and all that.....you are in the realm of trying to squeeze out that last 0.5% in a routine that competitive body builders need to worry about....

Maybe you are there and have a comp this spring...if so, awesome! and good luck to you.

If not, don't sweat the tiny things...

Just my $0.02.

The only time I was concerned with carb timings, nutrient splits and stuff like that was when I was sub-8% bodyfat....but that was a lifetime ago. I can cruise to 10% just by eating clean and having intense workout sessions....which is what I am trying to do now.