1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Transform@tion

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by M@, Apr 12, 2006.

1. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    No longer posting progress photos. There are a couple miscellaneous pics in here, I think, but for all intents and purposes this thread is no more. kthxbye

#1 M@, Apr 12, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  2. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

Jesus man, good job. Let me be the first to congratulate you!

I can't give opinions on anything because I don't know anything, but it looks like great progress to me and I gotta say that I'm impressed!

More motivation for the rest of us!

3. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm honored that you are. It was your posting all those pictures in the very start of your journal that bucked me up enough to post these without blotting the faces. :lol:

M@

4. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

Looking good! I don't see you losing muscle mass, you lost fat. be sure you put some new muscle back on, if you want it.

5. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

Ah, what do I have to be afraid of? What do you have to be afraid of? There are 300+ million people living in the US, I'd venture that over 300 million of those people don't give half a shit about your near nude pics online - especially because we're achieving something - your post is proof of that.

Besides, someday, I'm going to direct people to my thread to say "look what I did".

6. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks RTE! The lament about muscle mass was more about what 3 years of booze, fast food, and no exercise did to my physique. I'd been holding out some hope that the muscle was still there, just covered in fat. Nevermind that my dumbbell shoulder press dropped over 50%. :o :p

Silver - Seriously, the women I've been meeting recently seem to scour the 'net for all the background they can muster. I actually had a girl uncover photos off of a distant college friend's website that were really less than flattering. John kindly changed my username here after I was informed that a friend was finding my old username (which is linked to a bunch of professional sites) and posts here off of Google.

There's also the credibility aspect there. I'm shootin' my mouth of in this forum like the second coming of John Basedow and am hardly a shredded or yoked individual. I never have been above, I'd say, a 90% physique aesthetically. I have, however, been in tremendous physical shape. I'm still pretty embarassed by my current condition. I would've considered it sloppy and small three years ago.

That said, I'm tellin' everybody! My friends are coming out of the woodwork to tell me how great I look and how I'm starting to look like my old self again. Seems like they didn't want to say anything as I let myself atrophy. Fair enough. I don't know how well I would've taken it.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Just a bit pumped at the moment. G'night.

M@

7. mrgrieves

mrgrieves Well-Known Member

Given your avitar I wasn't expecting you to look so conservative. Good job though.

What are you using to calculate your lean mass etc.?

8. Foley

Foley Well-Known Member

Nice job mate, and good luck with SGX. I am SURE your next pictures will show a lot of improvement

Foley :nod:

9. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks! The week 0 shot was after deciding to get a crew cut for the hell of it. My appearance changes from month to month, though it's getting more conservative as more miles tick off the odometer.

To determine my bodyfat I take three sets of tape measurements (locations specified above) and average them out for each area. I plug the averages into HealthCentral's home bodyfat calculator to get Result 1. Then I take three 3-point skinfold readings with my digital calipers (FatTrackII) and average those together for Result 2. Final result is determined by averaging Result 1 and Result 2 together. I don't think it's too accurate (still think I'm pretty flabby for someone at 15.5% bodyfat) but it seems to be consistantly innacurate and gives me a good idea of my progression. It also, I'm certain, would give me a heads-up if I started losing lean mass.

Foley - Cheers bud! :D :tucool:

#91 Well-Known Member

Great job M@! That's a lot of change for 3 months. Looking forward to seeing the results of SGX. That last pic is great. :lol:

11. mason

mason Well-Known Member

Lookin real good man. I always thought you were the guy in your avatar.

Keep up the awesome work.

12. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    #91 - Thanks a lot! Can't wait to keep going. Hope my 12-month pictures are as awesome as yours! :tucool:

Yeah, that's me. Now, I was gonna say something along the lines of "I made that avatar a couple years ago, here's the actual photo." but when I dug up the pic I saw the time stamp. 3/22/97!!! Almost a friggin' decade. Ugh!

[​IMG]
    My buddy Jones and I at the Rally in the Alley.

The hair stayed through 2001 but got cut for job interviews and I haven't grown it back out since. Don't know that I ever will again, either. I've got a huge head (size 8 cap) and any more mass up there makes my shoulders look even smaller.

Found some more jackass pictures in the search though!

[​IMG]
    Taking a dip in Lake Tahoe.

[​IMG]
    The reason it felt good to jump in 50-degree water.

[​IMG]
    Finally a pic without a beer or cigarette in hand. Though I'm sure I lit up within minutes of this being taken.

[​IMG]
    And, last but not least, the first pic I saw of myself and said, "Damn..I'm gaining weight." What the hell is up with my face?! I look like I'm melting.

M@

13. Atkinson

Atkinson Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel. It was at the point that my face and neck had converged into a "feck" (similar to a cankle) that I really noticed how fat I had really got.

14. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    You'd think with that revelation I would've done something to counteract the problem? That picture was from February 2004. :bang:

M@

15. gborn

gborn Well-Known Member

Great work M@! Keep it up bro! :tu:

16. Jakemeister

Jakemeister Active Member

Now I know why you hate Rivera. :)

You're not a bad looking guy though. How old is this pic?

17. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    Gborn - Thanks bud! I'm actually going to, to quote Emeril, Kick it up a notch. BAM! SGX starts Wednesday. :spaz:

Jake - That was a while ago, August 2002 to be exact. I've gotten a new Sox cap since. It says "World Series 04" on the side. :D

M@

18. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    Took my SGX week 0 shots. I actually gained weight this week and went down in bodyfat. Those missing Lean Mass lbs from the stats in the initial post showed back up. 5.35 lbs gained. Hurrah for a week off the weights. Hurrah for getting back to 'em tomorrow!

SGX Week 0

Code:
    Measurements  Week 0  |  Week 13  | Difference
    ==============================================
    Waist         40.53"  |   36.96"  | -3.57"
    Hips          39.25"  |   37.63"  | -1.62"
    Chest         39.25"  |   40.29"  | +1.04"
    Wrist          7.12"  |    7.50"  | +0.38"
    Forearm       12.25"  |   11.25"  | -1.00"
    Bicep         15.18"  |   15.50"  | +0.32"
    Thigh         24.88"  |   24.04"  | -0.84"
    Calf          17.13   |   15.58"  | -1.55"
    Neck          16.48   |   16.29"  | -0.19"

Week 0:      220.00 lbs - 50.6 fat, 169.4 lean 
    Week 13:     206.00 lbs - 31.62 fat, 174.38 lean 
    Lean Mass:  +004.98 lbs = +0.38 lbs/week 
    Fat:        -018.98 lbs = -1.46 lbs/week 

M@

Edit: Wow...those tanning sessions are really freakin' working!

#18 M@, Apr 19, 2006
    Last edited: May 17, 2006
  19. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    First weigh-in with SwoleCat happens tonight.

If you've been reading my journal, you may have noticed me wondering what's up with my midsection. It actually felt like I was getting fatter there. Considering that my scale weight hasn't changed in two weeks yet I'm fitting into jeans that I couldn't breathe in two weeks ago, I figured I had to be losing fat everywhere and it just looked particularly flabby around my waist.

Yeah...I'd say that's the case.

I've lost a friggin' 1.75" off of my waist in two weeks. It's obvious in the fit of my clothes and I think it shows in the pictures. This SGX is the real deal. I cannot WAIT to see pics two weeks from now.

SGX Weeks 0 - 2

M@

#19 M@, May 3, 2006
    Last edited: May 17, 2006
  20. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    nice work dude. back shot really shows the most difference, IMO.