1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10 most viewed Threads on JSF - #1 Seltzer's Pilgramage.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Justitia, May 21, 2018.

1. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I have to admit - what motivated me to check this out was to see how often my "Fit Women Over Age 42 to Age 89 On Parade" in the Female Health and Fitness Forum was viewed. When I first started it on Dec 12, 2004 - I don't think John had JSF up and running for even a year. and it was about 4 mos after I joined.

There were not a whole lot but some women on the boards but there was practically no woman of a "mature" age as I was when I started here (age 56.)

I had just come back from living predominately in Europe after a painful break-up with someone with whom I had originally planned to marry.

Though I was in "pretty good" shape and looked a lot younger than I was, I wasn't in great shape and I wondered if it were possible for me to get back to that.

I scoured the internet - just wondering if I could find any inspiration - and in fact, I did. It was Kelly Nelson who had won a bodybuilding contest at the age of 73 - with a body that a 36-year-old - half her age - would kill to have.

And I got inspired and scouring a while more --- I came across JSF -- and then began my journey into fitness.

In order to inspire others, I started "Fit Women Over Age 42 to Age 89 On Parade". It was very popular and several years ago I was curious how often it was viewed. since the number was quite high - I got competitive and wonder how it compared to others. (You can go into each forum and click on View at the top and it will sort threads by the number of views.) It usually was in the top 3 to 5 on the list.

So curious again today -- I did the same. I haven't posted on it since the end of 2013 but it is the thread in that forum that has the most recent post. So it is always the one visible when people come to the JSF Forums web page.

So the thread has dropped a bit in relative number of views.

Bu I thought people would be curious as to which threads had the most views. So in the next post, I list them in rank order with the number of views.

It is NO surprise as to which is # 1 :bb::bow::claphigh:

#1 Justitia, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  2. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

So here it is :claplow:

1. Seltzer's Pilgrimage - 2,969,946 - posting current <--:bow::bow::bow:
    2. John Stone's Picture gallery - 2,078,065 - last post 4/7/2016
    3. Kaizen - Continuous Improvement -966,353 - posting current
    4. Body Fat Percentage - A Visual guide 585,183 - last post 12/28/2014
    5. Cut the Gut kill the Build the Brawn - Ecrivain - 538,586 - last post 3/21/2014
    6. Wasteland V - 526,096 - last post 4/7/2017
    7. Working the I in fitness - Dejavued - 406, 239 - last post 4/4/2012
    8. Macdiver stops being a couch potato - 367,441 posting current
    9. Man boobs/puffy nipples help thread -3 66,101 - last post 10/28/2006
    10. Fit women over age 42 to age 89 on parade - 341,659 - last post 12/29/2013

Well at least the thread squeaks in at # 10

And for curiosity's sake -- here are #11 and # 12

11. Official At Large dicussioin thread - 338,745 last post 7/26/2016
    12. One time with feeling leftyx 325,349 - last post 11/10/2014

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I guess that means that I've been around a while and spend a lot of time here. :-)

4. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

It also means that you wisely kept one thread for your progress from the beginning instead of breaking it up - say, like I did every year. (Though even if I kept my fitness thread to just one -- my diligence is nowhere comparable to yours :tucool:

5. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    :kickrock:

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Yes, the large number is definitely influenced by that. Aside from the thread I started downstairs to post pictures in a more contained environment I've just kept going with the fitness one I started, possibly because I'm not creative enough or too lazy to think of another title. :lol:

7. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

I think having a single thread for your journal makes sense. I look back for different milestones. Different threads make it harder.

No offense pdude

8. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    :lol:

9. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Agree - tho I liked coming up with catchy titles -- one thread would keep a better history. Tho in my case - given I was basically absent for 6 yrs -- I am glad I didn't :rolleyes: