1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Tools for Meal Planning

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by ZaphodHatesRunning, Aug 2, 2013.

1. ZaphodHatesRunning

Hi,

I was wondering what tools everyone uses for meal planning. There are plenty of tools out there for meal logging (MyFitnessPal, Calorie Count, SparkPeople, etc.) but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot (at least that I can find) for planning out your meals in advance. I know some people like to use Excel but that's kind of a pain if you like to eat a wide variety of foods. I really wish sites like Calorie count would let you forecast your meals and then you could simply confirm that you ate what you planned. I'm trying to make a 4 week repeatable plan and doing it in Excel is getting really tedious.

What do you guys like to use when setting up a meal plan for say a week or a month in advance?

2. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Mapmyrun which is part of the Mapmyfitness, mapmyride, etc apps allows you to plan food.

On the website, there is a choice of buttons which say I ate This, Plan this, that allows you to plan your meals. I believe the app works similar.

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Fitday.com allows you to go forward in time and input your planned food.