1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Took a long time, but almost there

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by vanDutton, Jun 15, 2013.

1. vanDutton

vanDutton Active Member

Long time, no post. I've been on and off here for years (Probably since about 06). Over the last two-plus years, I've finally actually started putting a little effort into my life and appearance.

The pictures below are of me at some point in late 2007, and last night. Sadly, the "before" pictures are not of me at my largest. I weighed around 235 at the time of the pictures, and eventually ballooned up to 260 in January of 2011. It was then that I moved to Florida, and completely changed my lifestyle.

I am a creature of habit. It's just the way I was built. No matter what I did when I was still living in Tennessee, I just couldn't shake my bad habits. When I moved, all those habits changed because I couldn't go back to the same bars, the same friends, and the same sedentary living.

I got a job working outside at Disney World, and was basically forced to quit drinking as much Coke (I had been drinking 10-12 20 oz. bottles a day, on average) and drink a ton of water. With the sudden calorie and sugar intake decrease, the pounds fell off quickly. By the end of the summer, I was weighing in at about 195 (a 65 lb. loss in about 7 months). A little more dropped off over the next couple of months, and by summer of 2012, I was hanging around 175 consistently.

In March of this year, I had a pretty severe motorcycle wreck,and was in the hospital for a week. During the week in the hospital, due to the awful food and not being fully conscious the first couple days, I lost down to around 160. At over six feet tall, this was clearly not a good place for me, either, so over the past three months, I gained back up to where I am now, about 175 and 18% BF.

My short term goal is to try to maintain about where I am weight-wise, but to get down to about 12% BF. I'm thinking it shouldn't take more than a couple months at most. The hardest part of this, for me, is consistency. I'm sporadic when it comes to going to the gym. I will go four times one week, and then not at all for three. However, for the first time in my life, I am fully, 100% committed to making this happen.

transform front.jpg
    transform side.jpg

2. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

Wow! Some amazing changes there. Congrats on the total life overhaul!

3. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

:claphigh: nice work!

4. user786

user786 Active Member

Good job keep going :tucool: this is a Transformation of the Month once ur finished :tu::nod::)

5. music88

music88 Active Member