1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Too much Protein?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by tkane, Feb 12, 2004.

1. tkane

tkane Well-Known Member

I have an uncomfortable question; I’m in week #3 really making it happen I might add. My diet has been great getting lots of protein really pay attention to what I eat. I have a regular routine with weights and cardio that I am doing 5 days a week. But I have notices that I don’t well let’s just say visit the men’s room nearly as regularly as I used do. And let’s just say things aren’t as robust as they once were. :mad:

Is this a sign of to much protein? Do I need to add a supplement? Currently the only supplement I take is my daily protein shakes. Sometimes I just mix with water other times after a big weight workout I’ll whip up a shake and toss in a banana and some OJ with crushed ice and non fat yogurt.

I can’t even believe I posted this question so please limit the humor at least until I’m regular again :claphigh:

2. rein

rein Well-Known Member

Some fiber should get you a bit more regular. I was having the opposite problem. Before my change I was hardly every going potty. Now it's very consistant about the same time a day. :eek: Yea, I think I just shared too much.

On the bathroom subject, will I ever stop having to pee? Since drinking a lot more water I have to go all the time. Will my body ever adjust or will I always have to go once an hour? :confused:

3. daveo

daveo Well-Known Member

Fiber?

I'm right there with you, but I think I've got my body figured out. There seem to be two things that control this for me: fiber, and water.

If you're not tracking how much fiber you're getting, start! Getting at least 30g should keep you humming along nicely. Metamucil is a great source of fiber if you're coming up deficient. John takes the lil caplets, but I can only find the powder. I suggest getting the orange powder -- the plain is nasty. Oatmeal and sweetpotatoes (especially sweetpotatoes) are also good sources of fiber. Avocados are amazing sources of fiber, but they also have a ton of fat -- so be careful not to throw off your diet!

I never thought I'd be looking for that sort of thing in my food, or buying Metamucil. I guess I'm getting old :mad:

The other issue for me tends to be water: how much are you consuming daily? Some days I just can't finish off my 1g jug. I don't drink anything else, so I suppose I'm dehydrated on those days. If I start downing the water things "loosen back up".

So somewhere between the two I think I've found what works for me. Hopefully one (or both!) of these will help you!

For some reason, this guy seems appropriate: :flex: :whistle:

4. daveo

daveo Well-Known Member

I like the break

I see the guys at work smoking for 15 minutes and get kind of upset because of all the time they spend slacking.

Now I go hit the head every hour and take my time. I think we're getting the better deal ;)

5. rein

rein Well-Known Member

That is the problem. My store has no bathroom and there are days I am there about 3-4 hours a day by myself. It is located in a mall so I can close the gate and go but customers get a bit irritated when I kick them out to go pee-pee. Thinking about taking two gallon jugs to work. ;)