1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Titan Killer? Exciting new fitness equipment news!

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by John Stone, Aug 12, 2009.

1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

I know many of you have been waiting to hear an update regarding the Titan. Not long ago I spoke with Brian Butler (President of Fitcore) to get an update. We had a very good conversation, however Brian indicated that he is no longer hopeful that the issues between Fitcore and the manufacturer of the Titan will be resolved.

I have been waiting to see where things were going to wind up with the Titan before saying anything, but now I feel that the timing is right to let you in on something that I am very excited about. By the way, Brian knows that I'm going to be working with a new company, and he has given me his full blessing and best wishes as JSF moves forward.

Those of you who have been visiting JSF for any length of time are aware of how I operate: I don’t endorse anything I haven’t seen or used, and even then I will not give a positive endorsement unless I am confident the product or service will be delivered with consistent quality and results. So, I want to stress that this is very early information, and at this point I have had no "hands on" time with this new equipment. Please keep this in mind as you read the next few paragraphs...

There is a product on the horizon that--based purely on what I've seen on paper and rendered in 3D software--will best the Titan in every possible way. Of course I will have to put this new machine through many weeks of testing in my own gym to see if it is as good as it appears to be. If this machine delivers on everything I've seen so far, I would go as far as to say that it is a Titan killer.

I hate to leave you in suspense, but this is as much information as the manufacturer will allow me to divulge at this time.

You can be sure that if this product lives up to my high expectations I will try to negotiate some of the best prices around for JSF forum members.

Exciting things may be on the horizon for those of you who did not have the opportunity to purchase a Titan, and for those looking to upgrade. I will be releasing additional details as they become available to me.

If you would like more information on this new machine, I've created an information request form. Your contact information will only be used to provide you with information about this specific product, and will not be used for any other purpose.

2. Sparx88

Sparx88 Active Member

John,
    How far away are you to announcing this product? I just got the green light from the wife to upgrade!!!:cool:

3. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I think they are right at the prototype stage, which is pretty far along in the total process. I have no way of knowing for sure how much longer it will be, but if I had to guess I'd say at least a few months. Hopefully we'll have a better idea of the timeline as the prototype is evaluated, and some new information will be coming soon.

4. Sparx88

Sparx88 Active Member

If they need help in evaluating the prototype, I'm in the market:cool::lol:

5. bikenbully

bikenbully Active Member

Is there any more info?

6. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I'm expecting an update from the manufacturer sometime next week. :)

7. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

In yesterday's update I talked about some of the various projects that I'm working on. One of those projects is a brand new high-end weight/strength training machine. This new machine is being developed from the ground up to be the very best of its kind. Throughout the design process I worked directly with the team responsible for the design of the machine, and I'm amazed at what they've been able to accomplish. I can't tell you how many ideas that I threw at them that started like this, "I don't think there's any way you could do this, but it would be really cool if...", and then, somehow, they did it!

Here is the latest update direct from the manufacturer:

"To those who have inquired about our product, we appreciate your interest. John asked if we would be willing to give a brief update as we approach the launch of our new product. Without giving away too much to the competition, we can share a few tidbits. Our product is a no holds barred development addressing many of the compromises found on other products in the premium fitness market. We have a very talented group of folks working on our team, including engineers involved in the Bloodhound SSC project (fastest supersonic car in the world). We appreciate John sharing his experience and knowledge of the various pieces of fitness equipment he has evolved with. Much of what he and other industry insiders, including those on these boards have contributed, has helped to optimize our design.

The capabilities of our product will cover a wide range, from the most serious free weight and cable enthusiasts, to those wanting a quick, simple workout without lugging weight plates around. It will include a leg press (seated and vertical) and a host of cable exercises beyond anything on the market today. We are not currently aware of any machine on the market with more capabilities than our new machine. We think even Titan, Hoist Fitness and Tuff Stuff users will be pleasantly surprised with what we have created. Ease of operation is a key point for us along with high quality and versatility.

The beginnings of our product were prompted by the need for fire departments that require a very high quality all-in-one machine that doesn't take up a ton of floor space for daily workouts. We had the engineering talent and wherewithal to create such a machine. After carefully studying the competition, our market research indicated a large number of personal home users looking for and willing to pay extra for a higher quality, more functional machine. To that end, the new machine was created. We look forward to forging a fitness partnership with those of you interested in a machine of this caliber in the coming months. We have agreed to give JSF forum users a special launch price that likely will be the lowest price you will see the machine sold for. That price is yet to be determined."

I will continue to post updates as they are sent to me from the manufacturer.

8. Evolve

Evolve Active Member

Just a quick question John: Will this equipment be commcercialized or shipped to Europe?
    I am planning on buying home gym equippment in late March, I really have to do o due to professional reasons that are making do crazy shifts and only being able to work out too early or to late in the day.

Thanks for your time!

9. Blender

Blender Well-Known Member

John, you should post a link to this thread at the top of your official Titan thread - I just lost an hour going through the (closed) thread just to learn about the distribution problems with the Titan, thru online reviews with actual "cons" (!!!) yet!

Btw, the cons were:

1) Complicated to operate.
    2) Too time consuming transitioning between exercises.
    3) Although heavy duty in some areas (metal used) some parts such as pulleys, rollers and upholstery is cheap and of poor quality.
    4) Production of the home gym out of Poland means obtaining support and service for the Titan T1 is difficult.

Anyway, now I'm chomping at the bit to hear your news about this alleged "Titan Killer" with selectorized plates and and improved OVERALL quality. Please share!

#9 Blender, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  10. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Sorry guys, somehow I overlooked these posts until today. :o

I honestly don't know the answer to that question. A representative from the company that designed the machine has created an account here, and I think he will be able to answer that question for you.

Yikes, very good point. Very sorry about that. I'll do so immediately.

EDIT: Hrm, there was already note at the top of the thread (in the first post). Did you miss it? I changed it to be more clear.

11. BODYFORCE

BODYFORCE Well-Known Member
    Platinum Member

Hello to the John Stone Fitness forum members. John asked if I wouldn't mind dropping by here as a guest from time to time to answer some of your questions about our upcoming product, the X9 Hybrid Strength System. I am happy to do so. I can't promise I will be able to share every detail with you at this time but I will be happy to share what I can.

HSS

12. badboy

badboy Active Member

Hello HSS,

Thanks for dropping by. As a fitness person who is considering making an exercise purchase soon, my questions are:

1) When is it availability (Q2 2010, Q4 2015, etc)?
    2) What is its cost range ($500, $5,000, $10,000, etc)?
    3) Oh yea. What exactly is it? A multi/single station? Comparable to the Titian except different in that it _______? Completely new and revolutionary because it ________?

As a product designer I understand the need for corporate secrecy, but as a consumer with money in a hard economy I would like some details to excite me enough to hold off my current purchase ideas.

Thanks,

B

13. Sparx88

Sparx88 Active Member

+1:tu:

14. BODYFORCE

Platinum Member

1. 2012
    2. This product will be based upon a modular design (basic machine, adding options as desired). We hope to offer the basic product starting at less than $3500 although this price could increase or decrease as our final costs come in.
    3. We prefer to avoid the hype and just deliver a very high quality comprehensive product that targets the high end of the market. We are aiming for those willing to pay extra to receive a higher quality, more capable product than is readily available.

We are intimately familiar with our competition. In fact we do regular inventories to detail all products new and old on the market. We are also aware that some products have found an enthusiastic following here on John's website. We will try not to offend any of those loyal product owners but it should be noted we do have our competitions weaknesses squarely in our sites. Our product will do any quality exercise those products do, do more, and do it better. That is our objective.

#14 BODYFORCE, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  15. BODYFORCE

Platinum Member

Our product will ship to anywhere in the world. Shipping of course will need to be factored in. I know this description is very much overused in the industry but our product will in fact be commercial quality.

16. Evolve

Evolve Active Member

Thank you for the answer.
    Hope to hear more about this soon, I am going to buy home gym equipment but want to buy something that is functional but solid and lasts for a lifetime.
    I am from Portugal that's why I have asked you if you were going to be able to ship it to Europe.

Thanks once again

17. njprime

njprime Active Member

Any estimate on the size of this product?

I'm going to be building a home gym soon, and space limitations will be an issue -- if your product will fit it may be worth waiting, if not ....

18. BODYFORCE

Platinum Member

We aim to achieve all the criteria you have listed with quality, functionality and ease of use. Delivering to Portugal will not be a problem. We will just need to calculate any related shipping charges. Thank you for your interest!

19. BODYFORCE

Platinum Member

Although some parts are still dynamic most of the design is locked in. Let me check with our lead engineer. I will try to get you some dimensions as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

20. BODYFORCE

Platinum Member

As mentioned earlier these dimensions are dynamic and could change but right now we are measuring:

Depth (front to back) in the least deep configuration: 6"5"
    Width in the most narrow configuration: 5'7"
    Height in the least tall configuration: 6'10"

If these do change they likely wont change by very much. Other factors will affect these however such as options a customer decides to add. Hope that helps.

#20 BODYFORCE, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011