1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Tired during workouts

Discussion in 'General Health/Fitness & Injuries' started by dso, Mar 29, 2004.

1. dso

dso Well-Known Member

For some reason, I get REAL tired when I start working out. I'm fine the rest of the day, but as soon as I do that first set I have absolutely no energy and I just start yawning the whole workout. Somedays I workout in the am and somedays in the pm. I am 206, 6'0''. I eat about 1500-1800 cals/dwy, 20-30g of fat, 150-200 carbs, 150-200 g protein. I think I'm getting enough cals because like I said, im fine the rest of the day. Any ideas? Thanks

D

2. karatetricker

karatetricker Well-Known Member

Well, 2 things...

First, how many hours of sleep do you normally get per night?

And I personally think you need to increase the calories. For a guy your size, 1500-1800 calories is WAY below maintanence.

3. az21

az21 Well-Known Member

I'm not maintaining though...Im trying to cut.

I'm dso btw....this is my other name that signs me in automaticaly on my moms computer....I will try to change that...

4. karatetricker

Okay, cutting or not... you aren't eating enough, IMO.

For example, I am like 5'7", weigh about 160lbs and I eat 1800-2000 calories a day when CUTTING. I've experimented with <1800 and it's okay every now and then, but it's just too low as an everyday number if you ask me. I've done A LOT of nutrition reading to try and tweak my diet and almost everything I read states that if you drop your calories too far below maintanence, as you have, it will slow your metabolism down greatly. It seems all fine and dandy at first, but in the long run you are only hurting yourself.

You could potentially see greater loss with an increased calorie intake.

5. Vinnys025

Vinnys025 Well-Known Member

I am feeling pretty run down latley too and i'm on a very good YCA stack!! I think its cause i'm only eating 1800 calories per day and I weigh 220 lbs. I guess i will add a Tblspn or two of All Natural Peanut Butter to bump it up to 2000 maybe 2 or 3 days out of the week.

6. dso

dso Well-Known Member

Does it matter how much fat you get if you still have a calorie deficit? I could add a cup of cottage cheese and 2 tblsp of Natty PB to bring up my cals but thats about 26g of fat right there...

7. karatetricker

Depends how much fat you are currently eating. I would say that it should be okay, but if you already eat lots of fat, it might not be the best idea.

How many carbs do you consume a day on average?