1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Timing of my weekly "cheat" meal

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by cdn_errant, Nov 1, 2004.

1. cdn_errant

cdn_errant Well-Known Member

Hi everybody,

I have a question concerning the best time to have the "beloved cheat meal".

For the past few weeks, I always kept it for Friday nights, because I'm tired, don't feel like cooking anything very complicated and feel like having a drink so why not be bad all together...

I only do a weight-lifting workout (legs) on Saturday though and I wonder if my relative inactivity during the weekend is preventing or decelerating my progress. I could be in some bad cycle of cutting all week, eating good and working out (cardio) and then eating "poorly" one night and just doing weights for 2 days after (Sat + Sun) fattening up again...

Does anyone have suggestion regarding the cheat meal and the need for cardio the day right after?

Thanks folks, you guys are great!

cheers

2. Hort

Hort Well-Known Member

If you drink the night before and then do cardio first thing in the morning, you may be working against yourself- all alcohol needs to be worked out of your system before your exercize can be truly effective, especially fat loss.