1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Time Warp

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by mastover, Jul 24, 2012.

1. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Here are some black and white photo's from 24 years ago when I was an average bodybuilding competitor. At this time, the best I could do was 2nd or 3rd place in my class. Four years after theses photo's I won my first natural pro card with the NABF. Two years later I won my pro card with the NBI. I competed as a pro for the NBI for two years, my best showing was third place in the 2005 NBI/USA PRO AM in Baltimore MD. These orgs are no longer in existence. Just goes to show how long I've been competing. The color photo's are from my last (and final show as a competitor due to my health problems) where I won the overall New Hampshire title at the age of 51 in May of 2010.. The oldest anyone has won an overall with the OCB. Quite possibly the best natural org in the world. My final pro card. Their drug testing is meticulous. I had a streak where I was just an ordinary, run of the mill competitor. What was my success quotient that put me over the top??? Patience, Persistence, and Pain toleration. Also, read my sig regarding what sacrifice can do for you, not only for your health and physique, but in life a well. :tu:

People still tell me that I look the same. That's good to here, but my body feels differently. Not as good as I once was. But I am still training and trying to remain as young as possible in mind and body.
    I'll try to dig up some more pics from years beyond. I've been a lucky guy. I love bodybuilding. :)

Attached Files:

2. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Not as good as you once were, but as good once as you ever were? LOL

Congratulations on an amazing career and a remarkable life. If I've learned anything from you, it is that there is no mountain too high to climb, no obstacle too difficult to overcome and nothing that can't be accomplished once mind is set to task.

Thanks for sharing!

3. daciz2

daciz2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I like how Frank Zane looks. He wasn't a mass monster but ripped! posted this cuz he looks like a natural like you. :)

#3 daciz2, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012