1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Time to wake up...It's 5 AM!!!

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by robmac, Feb 26, 2008.

1. robmac

robmac Active Member

Waking up and checking in here every morning by 5 AM. It sounds easy but I've found it to be one of the most difficult things I've tried to do.

:sleep:

Who else would benefit from some early morning accountability?

2. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

I would definitely benefit from it, but that's about like trying to climb Mt. Everest for me. I can get up that early but I really need a reason like having to be somewhere.

3. robmac

robmac Active Member

It doesn't necessarily have to be 5 AM...that's just my goal. Even if everyone had the same goal there are still time zones to deal with.

Just let everyone know what time you'll be up, what time zone you're in and then check in by that time. I'll start tomorrow but anyone can join in anytime!

4. docutech

docutech Active Member

I'm up every morning at 430am (Saturday 530am) and in the gym by 5 am. (Saturday by 6am). I have been doing this since November 1st 2007. :nod: I have lots to do before I head out the door like get dressed, prepare my pre workout shake and intra workout shake but I will try to jump on here to see what's crack a' lakin' :tu:

5. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

I'm probably setting myself up for failure, but I'll give it a go starting tomorrow. I will post by 5:30am which means I need to get up about 5:20am. That should give me plenty of time to do some cardio and still watch a little TV before I go to work.

6. AzDesertRhino

AzDesertRhino Active Member

I'm on the treadmill by 5 a.m. every morning - I try to check in here in the A.M. but don't always do it.

7. Pete5

Pete5 Active Member

Wow, I have respect for all of you.

8. robmac

robmac Active Member

Good morning! It's a few minutes before 5 EST. Glad to see some more people chimed in over night. This challenge definitely helped me this morning because it just wasn't an option to sleep in. I'm going to go get dressed and head downstairs for my cardio. Make it a great day!

9. AzDesertRhino

AzDesertRhino Active Member

Well, 0535 hours in Tucson Arizona. Just finished my Treadmill routine and now time for coffee, news, breakfast etc etc!! Good morning all!! :tucool:

10. Croz

Croz Active Member

Just posting now, but I was up at 5:00am putting on my shoes for a walk with my wife.

11. Flows

Flows Active Member

I'm up at 5:30 am T,W,F and 8am Sat, Sun for the gym. It's my favorite time to workout. No better way to start the day.

12. robmac

robmac Active Member

I just finished reading Drew Rosenhaus' book A Shark Never Sleeps. It's amazing how mentally weak I feel now after reading it. In the book he talks about getting only 4 hours of sleep like it's no big deal. It's very obvious that he's willing to do whatever it takes to reach his goals. This is the type of person I need to become if I want to reach my goals both in fitness and other areas of life.

13. Illuminate

Illuminate Active Member

what time do you guys go to sleep?

14. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

I was up until midnight doing some stuff for my sis, but I try to get to sleep at 10 or 11. Tonight I'm shooting for 9.

15. George

George Senior Member

I try to go to bed between 8 and 9. I've been waking up at 5 almost every day since mid-August so this works pretty well for me. :)

16. docutech

docutech Active Member

I am in bed no later than 8 pm.

17. robmac

robmac Active Member

No later than 9:30. I ended up getting up a little late today...about 5:15 but still managed to get my cardio in.

For those of you who do get up early...what motivates you to keep doing it every day?

18. beginner84

beginner84 Active Member

im a college studend and friends of mine make fun of me because i like going to bed at midnight and getting up at 8.

most of them stay up EVERY DAY till 4 am or so playing computer or whatnot shit,
    and they dont understand why i get tired early - well maybe cuz i got a different rhythm ? cuz i workout ? cuz im not them ? lol ;)

oh well, college really is no place for people to live a healthy life but i want to and god damnit aint gonna stop me soon !

19. docutech

docutech Active Member

Rise and shine kids! Off to burn some calories :bb:

20. haleygirl82

haleygirl82 Active Member

since im a chronic snooze button presser i could prob benefit from this challenge, i try and get up at 530 and i actually did this morning!