1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Jack3d + OxyElite Pro??

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by MotivatedMichael, Oct 6, 2010.

1. MotivatedMichael

MotivatedMichael Active Member

Hey Everyone!

I just started a 10 week fitness challenge with my friends and was thinking about ordering some Jack3d and Oxyelite pro to stack together. I have heard mixed reviews about both of them, but many do not deny good results. I just wanted to hear what everyone else thought about them. Any info/opinions would be helpful, Thanks! :tucool:

2. Doubleoqueso

Doubleoqueso Active Member

Personally, I think they are completely unnecessary.

3. BJ

BJ Active Member

+1... weight loss supplements may give you a 5% increase... not worth the $$$ Just drink some extra caffeine for the same result for less $

4. sevenatenine

sevenatenine Active Member

I don't know about that oxi stuff, but I like jack3d pre workout. I find (especially when cutting) it helps with energy and getting into the zone throughout my workouts.

5. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Is Oxylite a fat burner? Here's my take on fat burners:
    http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?p=768955#post768955

As for the Jacked3, I was given 5 complimentary jars of it at my last show. I haven't popped them open yet since I just use and recommend creatine monohydrate. But word on the street is that one of the ingredients on Jacked3 is going to be banned very soon. So I'll probably pour it in the toilet, as I do with almost all supplements I'm given to test or to lure me into sponsorship deals. :)

6. sevenatenine

Yea they always ban the good stuff that actually works. Hopefully Canada stays friendly to 1,3 dimethylamylamine, since its derived from geraniums I'm sure there will always be a legal way to get some.

7. mastover

There will always be legal pathways, but if you compete as a natural bodybuilder or figure athlete, you cannot use it and will be banned from comp almost permanently if tested positive.. They are also looking to ban this from major league sports like baseball. Not worth it, and there are much better natural alternatives. In fact, if your diet is 100% on point, there is no need for this stuff, as there will always be something upcoming that will be more "cutting edge". :rolleyes:

Flavor of the month club supp. Nothing more than that....

8. Pete5

Pete5 Active Member

I'll take those off your hands.:D

9. sevenatenine

:nod:

10. mastover

Sorry fella's , you gotta win a bodybuilding show before I can consider this. However, if you get on my team, I can give you a 100% much better protocol than this garbage. :nod:

11. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

There is nothing magical about these pre-workout supps. The reason why you have extra focus/energy is because they are generally loaded with stimulants. The thing I don't like about them is that you eventually adapt to the stims, at which point they lose effectiveness and you almost NEED to have the massive stims before you can have a decent workout.

I think it is best to generally avoid them, or if you use them, do so sparingly.

12. Doubleoqueso

Doubleoqueso Active Member

+1 - Like any drug, you'll have to take more and more to keep getting the effects you had when you started it.

The worst part is that when you finally quit, you'll have NO energy without it and it will take days or even weeks to get back to "normal".

13. Pete5

Pete5 Active Member

I'm only dosing jack3d on deadlift days, once a week for that very reason. I tried it for the first time last week and was bouncing off the walls going crazy psyching myself up. Worked pretty well.

14. MT77

MT77 Active Member

I took the expert advice of the 130lb pimply faced high school kid at my local Vitamin Shoppe and picked up a jar of Jack3d about a month ago. I mix a couple scoops in my gatorade along with a scoop of carb powder as my beverage of choice pre / during workouts. I have not noticed the "bouncing off the wall" feeling, or any enhanced focus, but I like the taste. What is the soon-to-be-banned ingredient?

15. Pete5

Pete5 Active Member

1, 3 dimethylamylamine, people are complaining about a ton of side-effects.

Anyways, you have to understand the reason I was "bouncing off the walls", was not from the jack3d alone. I would have been anyway, that's how I get myself ready to handle 550+ pounds on deadlift. It helped, but the psych-up is done anyway. It's how I get my nervous system ready to fire. It's similar to how a football player or mma fighter will get quiet before the game/fight and then start going insane shortly before they step out to compete. You're tapping in to a person that only comes out when it's time to lift heavy ****. It's like how Quinton Jackson said there are two sides of him, rampage and quinton. Or another example would be Kai Greene's "rage speech" as can be found on youtube.

16. sevenatenine

I don't know if its actually going to be banned or its all speculation but 1,3 dimethylamylamine is the interesting ingredient.

Wait, they have a 130lb pimply faced kid working at your local supp shop? That doesn't seem like a good idea, all the places near me either have hot girls (who are usually ripped) or great big jacked guys working there.

17. jsalazar

jsalazar Active Member

At my supp store, they have two obese chicks working there and then the last time i went, there was this gay guy (well built) with the worst outfit giving advices to all customers about how glutamine builds lean mass.

18. MT77

MT77 Active Member

Yeah, I said that kinda tongue in cheek, but its true. Definitely no hot chicks or big jacked dudes; they probably all got jobs at the huge new LA Fitness that opened up in my neighborhood. It is always hard to keep a straight face when taking advice from a kid who I could press overhead for reps.

19. adamh707

adamh707 Well-Known Member

20. Davie mac

Davie mac Active Member

bought a tub of jacked last week,my personal opinion is total waste of cash,ill just stick to a can of lo-carb monster and a banana:tu: