1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Those last few pounds.

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by Tribul, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Tribul

Tribul Well-Known Member

I know I'm near the point where I need an abdominoplasty to get rid of this loose skin, but do I need to burn any more fat before then?

Current stats : 31 years old, 6'4", 200 pounds. Bodyfat % unknown.

I started 8 years ago at 320 pounds. I lost eighty pounds of that in about five months and pretty well yo-yoed 220-260 for years.

Fast forward, I have been maintaining for the past several months. I usually weigh in around 200 most days. Haven't been able to get below 197.5, doesn't matter what or how much I eat.

So, what to do now? I want to either continue to lose fat until I'm at my ideal or maintain if I'm there. I have no desire to bulk at this time, am happy doing bodyweight exercises.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Attached Files:

2. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Wow. Remarkable transformation man. You must feel like a new man.

I would recommend measuring your body fat. It's tough to tell with the loose skin, but it certainly looks like your BF% is low from the pictures. I'm not sure you would want to lose any more. Any particular reason you aren't interested in adding muscle? Take that transformation to the next step. You've made an amazing difference in your physique. Why stop now?

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Congratulations on a tremendous transformation!

Adding muscle does not necessarily mean gaining weight or bulking. The only way you're going to gain weight, medical issues aside, is by having a caloric intake that is over maintenance. Lifting some iron will help you accomplish your goal of losing fat and gaining muscle to the point where even if your weight doesn't change you'll be smaller because muscle is denser than fat.

4. vanderlinden

vanderlinden Member

I'd say you are around 15% BF if you got rid of the loose skin.

If you wanted to get down to around 8% you'd need to drop about 14 pounds.

I've found that to get below 10% I either need to be very strict about tracking calories and macros, or else do a lot of low intensity cardio.

5. Tribul

Tribul Well-Known Member

Thank you guys for the kind words and encouragement :-)

I forgot to mention in my first post that, since August, I cycle everywhere. I don't own a vehicle and a round trip to town is 11+ miles. Requiring 3000-4000 calories per day to maintain makes it pretty easy lol.

I'm no stranger to strength training but, at this time, I lack resources to do it proper. So, I'll continue to do bodyweight exercises til spring then get back in the gym lifting.

And, thank you for the BF% approximation. I shall make 190 lbs my immediate goal.

6. Slother

Slother Member

Hi Tribul,

Your post is inspirational -- I was just wondering how it's going for you in 2014 (if you're still around)? Any updates? :)

7. Bat

Bat Well-Known Member

I'm not qualified to comment on your BF%, but just wanted to say that's a phenomenal transformation. Well done! :tucool: