1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

The Vinery's Mirror Journal

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by thevinery, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

a) weight down , yeh:tu:
    b) how is the new job going?
    c) oh yes its Chinese night with the gals:D
    d) what's the festival?

2. thevinery

thevinery Active Member

checking in

Hello gorgeous JSFers.

Checking in after a very long break from the forums. Life got very hectic after my last posts in December (ex boyfriend turned nutty, work got insane, it was generally Wintry) and body-change plans stalled a bit. Life got all rosy again around April and the last three months have been spent not exercising much but generally eating well and being happy. The story has a happy ending -- the weight has just dropped off the last few months. After being at about 145 a year a go, and stuck at 135 for most of the year, I'm sitting pretty at around 127 right now. I haven't been this light in at least four years. I feel like my body is re-setting to where it wants to be. Really starting to be happy with how I look and feel again, and although the loss is slowing down and I've more or less stabilized, I've stabilized at about 6 pounds away from where I'd like to cut to - which would, by the way, put me at my lowest fighting weight since maybe the age of 16 or 17. Feeling young and happy, friends.

I'm taking a few weeks to just eat cleanly and enjoy all this sunshine and move around in it a bit, go to a wedding, get some work done, and then will get back to conscious exercise and light lifting. If I cut to around 120 and then focus the next few months on a very slow steady bulk - more a recomp than a bulk - and then another cut after that, I think it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll look better than at any point in my life. Sounds fucking excellent.

Be good, everyone. I'll check in after a few weeks.

C

3. thevinery

thevinery Active Member

Refocus

August 2009
    Posted Today at 09:51 AM by thevinery
    Too many carbs and too much alcohol has got me carrying bloat weight the last couple of weeks and it's seriously affecting my mood. Scale showed about 133-134 this morning, which is just silly; time to get some really clean eating under my belt to get a sense of true weight as I'm pretty convinced a few pounds of that is just water retention and madness and then set some goals for the rest of the summer. I'm moving house at the end of October so that's going to be my horizon point, which gives me almost exactly twelve weeks of work in the meantime. Perfect. Clearly, the free weight loss is over and I need to focus again.

The rest of the month includes a party at mine this Sat and a bank holiday weekend at the end of the month which will involve a bit if indulgence as it's my only real break this summer (all my vacation this year is in the autumn!); outside of that, I'll be locking in. Coincides with a serious need to get my bank account into shape, so the timing all works out nicely.

For the moment, though, just focusing on having a REALLY clean week, getting at least two cardio sessions in, and getting at least two weight sessions in. All doable goals.

Did I mention I'm in love? :whistle: Feels good, lovelies. And no surprise that with happy gazing came a bit too much happy whisky drinking and happy sitting on field eating bread and cheese, etc etc etc. Heh. Boy is down with me being back on track and is getting his ass to the swimming pool this eve. Nice when these things work together...!! Among many other lovely things, it's nice to be with someone that treasures his health and monitors himself to make sure he's not slipping too far off track. We hit the same need for re-dedication at exactly the same point this week.
    ------------
    Afternoon update: am really feeling the not great diet of the last few weeks in my alertness levels -- dragging ass, friends. Updates to follow.

Resting heart rate (not accurate, at desk but have had coffee earlier this aft): 67. Good news. Last week was feeling illish and generally out of sorts and was recording mad resting heart rates in the 80s... not ok for a 26 year old in generally ok health!!

4. thevinery

thevinery Active Member

Week One Day 2

Feels like Day 2

Went to the doc yesterday to get some blood testing set up as I've been ill too often the last year, will go later this week. Crossing my fingers that there's something minor that is a bit out of whack that would explain it. Of course, there's also the possibility that I've just been sitting in a non-active office job too long and not getting enough exercise, so if they give me the clear to go sign then I'm on it!! Yesterday was fine, slightly need to recalibrate my food intake as I hit almost 1400 calories a bit without meaning to. Ate some leftover bulgar that put me over last night; I'd sort of forgotten how high the caloric content in that stuff is. Good clean eating though and a bite of my brother's phish food ice cream to top it off hit the sweet tooth quite nicely and with no guilt.

Clean eating this week, keep the calories closer to 1100 this week while I'm focusing on clean eating and not exercising all that much, ready to go. Need to get more water into me today!

5. thevinery

thevinery Active Member

Week One Day 3

Week One Day 3

Jesus. Amazing how much better I feel about my body and how I feel when I wake up after only two days of clean eating and no alcohol. Got a little extra sleep this morning too and it's made a difference. Sitting here updating this at after nine in the morning then in the shower and off to work. It's the old-school schedule! Don't mind staying til six even a bit if it helps me catch up on sleep a bit this week.

So food yesterday were very good - about 1080 and perfect macros, no junk except a bit of chocolate. Could have skipped the impulse walnuts and chocolate during the day, but I'm not really complaining. I think the clean is most important, actually. As long as I keep under 1100 for the next week I think that should be fine. Don't want to cut things too drastically anyway. I also took a walk down to Waterloo after work just to get in a teensy bit of exercise despite being very tired - about 20 minutes of walking that I wouldn't have otherwise had. I'll take another walk tonight or maybe a run when I get home depending on my mood. Weights or some kind of real workout today or tomorrow would be good to get everything in for the week. Again, focused more on eating and in putting in a bit of exercise when and where I can get it.

I've got a shower at work and so have been toying with the idea of taking a run after work right at 5:00 or 5:30 and then just showering there so I can meet up with people for my evening plans having already gotten some exercise in. Would be a perfect model to try for Friday.

Blood testing tomorrow, fasting this evening for it.

I like how I look in the mirror this morning. I'll take pictures at the end of the week for documentation purposes...

6. thevinery

thevinery Active Member

Week 3 Day 1

Yo. So I've been off the computer but not totally off fitness. Today's the first day back in the gym, but I've mostly just used the last few weeks to get the diet a bit more under control and be a bit more active. The boy and I took a long walk last night and resisted the massive temptation of the glowing pub. It's a start.

Weight is down a bit from 61kg when I logged back in at the beginning of Week 1. Down to 60kg now. Some of this is the fake weight coming off. I still haven't been massively on top of my game so there might be a bit more easy weight coming, but mostly just have to get back into the gym.

Off to go pick a plan through October 9th (my birthday). I'm not planning to build much muscle as this is mostly cutting, but will aim for 2 lifting workouts per week just to keep the muscle I have and get some fitness going. I'm massively out of shape on the cardio side. So some relatively easy weights today to start me out and a bit of mild cardio to get my heart moving.

Resting heart rate (coffee earlier, at office, end of day): 73. I know, I know. Too much coffee...

7. thevinery

thevinery Active Member

Week 3 Day 2

So weights went really well last night and I'm all membership carded for the next four months. It felt great to lift again!!! I'm on a three times a week split at the moment and did chest, back, biceps, triceps, shoulders last night. I'm keeping track of everything on gyminee so won't put all the sets and reps here, but for the next 9 weeks I'm just going to do Body for Life as the weights program. I don't want anything too heavy as I get back into it and that works well as a nice beginner's program.

Some cardio today.

Just switched to a new don't-give-me-babies pill and my stomach is in knots this morning. Taking all my resolve not to cancel the meeting I have for the afternoon and go home and sleep.

Take care everyone -

8. thevinery

thevinery Active Member

Week 3 Day 4

Eek, no lifting last night; I'm in arthiritis mode and my hands are super-stiff. Haven't figured out whether lifting will help or harm... anyone have any experience with this?

Am hoping to try to get in tonight and do a lower session that presumably won't really need much hand action. Wish me luck. Then if hands are feeling a tad better tomorrow can round off the week with an upper session and call it job done. Cardio on Sat and a big nice long walk planned (about nine miles) for the bank holiday Monday.

Oh, the foods I've not eaten this week. It's breaking my heart. Been very good. Refused many a drink. etc...

Enjoy the week, all.