1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

The Road to Abs: Part Deux

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by ErikTheRed, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

Greetings all, I'm back from the dead. I've been riding a roller coaster of weight loss & gain for the past 7 years. 7 years ago I was 218 & lost the weight through basically starving myself (not good). I then got on JSF and learned the responsible way to do things. After 2 years I hired SwoleCat and went on SGX. Through that I was able to get to a pretty solid 165 pounds. I maintained that through 2008/2009 and then rocketed up to an embarrassing 236.

Fitness used to be a big part of my life and I slowly replaced it with my career. I've recently gotten married and realized how much I loved fitness and how a few inconvenient work responsibilities turned into years of excuses and a series of bad habits.

Anyway, after lurking around again for quite some time and being too ashamed to post I've decided to do hire Mastover to help with my transformation. I received my plan yesterday and am gearing up.

My main goal is to stop the madness and commit to fitness for life. My shorter term goals are to fit back into my 32 pants (currently squeezing into a 38). I'll attempt to post updates as well as other miscellaneous commentary. I know I can do this, I'm excited to to do this and make it stick.

Let the games begins.:bb:

2. ErikTheRed

Day 3

Just a quick note before my "weekly" check in (i put "weekly" in quotes because i only started my plan on Tuesday morning). Can't believe how much better I feel on Mastover's plan than on SGX. I'm def ready for bed much earlier than I was before but I'm rarely hungry.

Also, first the first time in months i tipped the scale in the 220s. w00t.

3. ErikTheRed

Week 1 Check In

WEIGHT
    Sunday Weight (6/5): 232 lbs
    Tuesday Weight (6/7 - start of mastover's plan) : 232.5 lbs
    Sunday Weight (6/12): 227 lbs
    Total Lost 5.5 lbs

WAIST
    Start Waist Measurement: 46 inches relaxed/ 45.3 flexed
    6/12: 45.6 inches relaxed/ 44.8 flexed
    (Note that I went from barely fitting into a 38 pants to comfortably fitting into them)

I was 227.5 today which was discouraging but I know/hope it's all part of the nonlinear nature of fat loss.

4. ErikTheRed

Today is my 28th birthday. For weeks I've been looking forward to "cheating" on my diet today. Well I've decided the birthday gift I'm giving myself this year is to NOT cheat on my birthday. The age of excuses is over until I know they are the exception to the rule.. not the rule itself.

5. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Happy Birthday.

6. astroguy

astroguy Well-Known Member

Welcome to 28. I've been here about a month, but I decided a few years ago that I'm just going to stay 25.

7. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, Erik. And congrats on not doing the cheat meal today.
    Shows maturity.:nod:

8. ErikTheRed

Thanks

Thank everyone for the hello and kind words. I'm excited to weigh in this weekend. Been at it real hard.