1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

The Return - Reno's comback Trail.

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Reno_1ted, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Reno_1ted

Reno_1ted Well-Known Member

The gods are with me this week.

I went to the gym again last night feeling tired and not into it, only to bump into another friend, who I usually train chest with, and wound up having a really good chest and tri session, and i lifted my PB for reps for the first time in a long time (though was with a slight decline which always helps, so wont count it until I do it flat). Threw in some close grip incline smith presses, which were killer, and then killed off what was left of my triceps.

This morning my arms up 1/4 inch to 14.25 inches. My calves though are DOWN 1/4 inch ?!?! :eek: Thats what you get for 2 weeks solid focus!! :doh: Ah well, I shall persist. Because this is a culk, its to be expected I guess. Just so long as I end up leaner. 1/4 inch of my biggest waist and 1/2 off my smallest is good progress since last week to, especially with the weekend I had. Will be cool to see what I can do after this weekend, which should be cleaner, though my Aunty is a great cook, so I WILL be eating, but it will be all good, clean homecooked food, not the pizza beer burger sweets icecream etc of last weekend. :mad:

Legs tonight, again I expect to be tired, especially as I will be going later after my haircut. However, I must remember these last 2 days, both times i felt bad, but wound up having good workouts.

The hardest part of training is the drive to the gym.

2. Reno_1ted

Well, the weekend was a mixed bag, I ate mainly pretty clean save one or two cheats, but in terms of sheer quantity of food, I ate like a horse. A hungry horse. I also had a couple of beers over the course of the weekend, but nothing to write home about, and nothing to mean that yesterday I wasnt feeling 100%.

The family gathering was a lot of fun, I saw cousins i havent seen in a while, and some of them have kids who I havent seen for a while to. Very nice to meet up and catch up, you always think with family you wont leave it so long next time, but time does just fly away.

So yesterday I was feeling good, no hangover, no lack of sleep. I tore up the gym, with a delts and traps session to remember, I pushed my previous PB for 1 lift, into 3 sets of 4 reps, for the first time ever. It is the first time I have loaded up the bar with that much weight, but it felt good. Last time I tried that much, I got one rep, and that was over a year ago. So very pleased. :) Rest of the workout went good to.

Tonight I will be working a little late, so will do my abs and calves session, and then tomorrow I am meeting my workout friend for chest. I would also like to get another session in this week, but I will see how it goes. No reason I shouldnt be able to.

I have a few things coming up which could potentially de-rail me, mainly gigs (off to see Steel Panther, a superb Thin Lizzy tribute act called "Limehouse Lizzy" and Opeth/Dream Theatre before the holiday). I need to stay strong and focus as I dont have time to be writing off whole weeks due to too much weekend ale.

On a rather more weird note, I am debating getting a chest wax for the holiday. My electric hair trimmer doesnt get close enough for it to look like you havent just shaved your chest. When I use a razor, it leaves a rash every time. At the moment it is not shaved, and I could just be less arrogant and go on the trip with chest hair, but part of me knows I will look better without it. Its whether I can take the pain, and whether I have the balls to go in and book a male wax session! :lol:

Following my promotion, work is buggering me pretty hard. Nothing comes for free I guess. For more pay, comes more work. I think it will settle once I get things layed down and up and running with the new role.

I also need to consider some cardio in the last 4 weeks before the holiday. I HATE getting up in the morning earlier then I need to, but I think if I did for 4 weeks plus what I am doing now, it would make a big difference.

Enjoy your day people, laters !!

3. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

We saw it over the weekend and I liked it. My wife was a bit squeamish during certain hair raising scenes.
    Been doing this for a week now. F@(4ing hurts it does.

4. Reno_1ted

My other half didnt like those scenes either. Before she met me she would dismiss these types of film in favour of the lion king and pretty woman. Now she has a more open mind, and I think despite looking away during those scenes, she enjoyed it overall.

Calves wise, please keep me updated with how you get on. Do you realise just how much you neglected them now you are doing them as a focus. I just did 3 sets at the end of my leg session, and that was it. Now I am doing this, I realise just how little that did. Plus I can really feel the seated stuff working the other side of them. I have been toasting them for 2 weeks, and you are right it hurts. I went to take a piss half way through my workout last night, post calves, and it was difficult because my lower legs were shaking pretty bad. :lol:

I think I took a poor first reading on my calves. If i can get them to 16'', then I will be happy. currently at 15.25inches, and i think thats progress.

K, do you have a seated calf machine? Last night I walked about the gym looking for something I can use, because piling 3 large plates on my knees isnt going to cut it. I needed more weight, and its not possible to balance it all ! I came up with a brilliant idea using the lying ham curl machine. Basically sit on the back edge of the bit you normally lie on, and put your knees under the pad which usually goes under your ankles when lying on your front (you need to slide the pad all the way as near to the "seat" as you can). Then put a raised aerobic step under where your feet now are, and place your feet on the edge. Then raise your calves, lifting the pad, which is weighted of course. Works a dream, excellent. Hope that makes sense.

So a good calves and abs session last night, I worked very hard, and all meals this week have been bob on. Tonight was supposed to be chest with my friend, but he has dropped out again, so I may do back and bi, which was the plan anyway really.

Still doing the no carbs in the evening thing, but I think I may be overdoing the quantities and fat content of the things I do have. I need to be careful of that little devil on my shoulder. I think I am doing ok though. Last night I made a 4 egg ommlette, 2 yolks, 4 whites, with onion, choritzo, salami and ham. Plenty of protien, some fat (not healthy fat though I guess), no carbs. I seem to have lost all the weekend bloat and am feeling good due to the fact I didnt get pissed at the weekend.

Time is ticking to the holiday. I must improve my game.

5. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

Reno you're kicking buttocks in the gym. You'll be in awesome shape for your holiday.

I have really noticed how little calf work I have done now that I working them 3 times a week. Amazingly, my weights are increasing. I do have a seated calf machine at the gym, but I've used your trick with both the leg curl and leg extension machines. I hop eto get my calves up to 15"...they are still skinny after all the surgeries. :o

6. Reno_1ted

We shall build those damn calves my friend !! :flex:

Yesterday the weather was sunny, and that is the first time it has been sunny for any given 24 period for about 3 weeks now (got to love the UK summer). I couldnt skip the oppotunity to do some gardening, my lawn was very long due to the rain / sun, and it needed cutting, and also a lot of the flowers needed dead heading (not taking to a Greatful Dead concert, having the dead heads cut off). So I couldnt take the chance of skipping that yardwork and then having more rain for the next 3 weeks +. So i got it done, and that meant I couldnt get to the gym, but by way of compromise, I took the pushbike out for a quick ride, it was no Tour de France let me tell ya, but it was better then nothing.

So tonight, defo in the gym, hitting some back and bi. Last time I was at my PB for reps, and this week, I plan to go for 5kg more (whats that, 10lbs or so to you imperial troops?), which will be a new PB for reps. My 1 rep PB is about 20kg higher overall then what i did for reps last time. I think I can get to that for reps over the next few weeks.

Tonight will be interesting because I am trying a low carb day. This is in conjunction with my medium carb days, and a new twist. I really feel carb cycling is important going forward, its something I have never done and something I have never mastered. Why not give it a try? As you know, I have been taking in no evening carbs, and last night, i switched to a "high" day and consumed some rice with my chicken. So today, I have dropped the oats from breakfast, and the bread from lunch, and will have no carbs with dinner either. I still had my bannana in my shake this morning, and will have my apple with lunch (now), and will still have my grapfruit pre workout. Another tweak is that I will add a small amount of carbs to my post workout shake, because by having no evening carbs, I am not refueling my body / glyucogen post workout, which isnt good. So i have bought some glucose (old school baby!), and will consume a minimal amount of that with my PWO shake. I will start that from today. On the low carb days I will train with the AMPED, to give me the caffine / creatine, BCAA boost I will need.

I will let you know how the workout goes with no starchy carbs tomorrow.

I also got some fish oil caps, because all i keep reading about them is that they are 100% essential.

7. Reno_1ted

Last nights workout and indeed the entire day was nothing short of awesome. I didnt hit the gym feeling particualy fired up, but I was far from tired, and by the time I had hit my warmups I was ready to go, 3 sets, at a PB weight, and I nailed it with 5 reps per set. That then fired me up to hit the rest of my session, increasing weight on the seated cable row, and blasting my arms with a really intense and tiring bicep session, finishing with a run down the DB rack as John did (sought inspiration from him).

Considering the fact I had no carbs other then what came from fruit and my PWO glucose (20g only), I felt good, and I am sure the AMPED played its part. I can easily say I will do more low carb days, as well as the medium days (no evening carbs) and refeed days at the weekend, with a "high" day (some carbs in the evening) in the middle of the week.

It seems to have worked, this morning I was down to 11 stone 8 3/4 which is cool, havent been that since my mega clean days of July, and I am 100% sure I have packed on some muscle since then, as my numbers are looking pretty good in the weights room.

I just got back from lunch with work, and I had the chicken salad, opting again for no carbs. Just didnt feel like them, plus I am having mega lean homemade burgers tonight on a toasted wholemeal bun, so decided it would balance it out. I am pleased I chose the salad, I have struggled in the past, but it just seemed natural to make that choice. Nothing like a holiday and the thought of those holiday pics going on FB to all my friends to make me motivated to be the leanest I can possibly be.

The weekend as always brings a challenge, but with no massive nights out planned, I should be ok. As you know readers, the main thing is not to drink to the point of hangover. My success this week, and how I am feeling is 100% down to the fact I didnt get drunk last weekend. When I do, I do less then my best and that is not good enough right now. Sure I will have a beer perhaps, probably a cheat meal saturday night, maybe a snack or 2, and increase carbs over the 2 days, but I just cannot drink for hours saturday night, wake Sunday feeling a mess and not recovering until the weekend after. I have some nights out approaching, and some challenges ahead. Wish me luck.

I have booked some awesome gigs, it seems a lot of people are touring these days, probably because they are not making money out of the albums anymore with downloading etc. Just booked tickets for Auzzie Rock outfit "Airbourne", who are sensational live. Also seeing the wizard "Dio" in November for the first time ever, I have tickets for Henry Rollins spoken word in the new year, Machine Head in February and Dream Theatre next month. Got to love rock gigs.

Have a good weekend, catch you all monday where I will be 100% and ready to make another week long step towards being ripped for holiday time.

T minus 5 weeks today !!

8. Reno_1ted

The weekend was pretty good, I kept everything in moderation and this morning I feel fine, and should have a decent week of progress. I am heavy this morning, but I put that down to water and food weight. No hangover, thats the main thing.

I think the carb manipulation worked well for me last week, but it made me very hungry come the weekend, and although 90% of it was clean, I ate a LOT of food.

It could all go wrong tonight though, as I am off to Manchester to watch LA Glam band "Steel Panther". Rock and beer go hand in hand, but I cannot be getting pissed up on a school night, much less a Monday, when I am trying to be good, and also when I have just had a decent weekend. Pray for me JSF. Pray for me hard. Either way, it will be a late night, and I will be tired.

So meeting my workout guy Wednesday for Chest, I should be able to get Calves and abs in tomorrow, which is the "easiest" of my workouts, which will counter the late night. I need to start some morning cardio. I say that every week. Had some great weight sessions last week, here is to more of the same, and then some !

Saturday is another gig in Manchester, and that will be mega hard to stay sober for. Meh, I will see what happens.

9. Reno_1ted

Not much to say today. I stayed of the drink last night, didnt get to bed too late either, maybe midnight? So all good. Will be at the gym tonight, I am a little tired, but will blast through calves and abs, and then head home to chill.

Steel Panther were really good, very funny and their guitarist is one of the best I have ever seen.

Laters.

10. Reno_1ted

Decent workout last night. I toasted my calves, and got the lower leg shakes once again. Then i went to the abs section of the gym, and there was an abs "master class" about to start. There was one slightly tubby young lad, and 4 middle aged women waiting for it to start. "How hard can this be" i thought as I sat down... I was the worst one there. It was 20 brutal minutes, of crunches, weighted sit ups, planks... I was literally nearly sick while dough boy and the ladies ate me for breakfast. I will defo do this again, it was great to be in part of the group and be pushed a little. I was sure taught a thing or two by the regulars !!! :lol:

I almost dont need to say my eating is spot on. I havent slipped up midweek for ages now. Even before the gig Monday, when I was tempted to just pick something up, and ended up making some tuna pasta and munching that down before my lift arrived. Today is low carb day, and I have made my own chicken salad for lunch; i havent made my own lunch in a long time. I am going to take low carb through to the end of the week. Monday was higher carb (carb with dinner), yesterday was medium (no carbs with dinner), so for the next 3 days i will do low carbs (no carbs with lunch or dinner). I wonder if the apple I have at lunch hinders me slightly? Would it be worth giving up fruit though, i dont think so, surely the benefits outweigh the fructose? :confused: I could swop it for veggies, but I am not too big on those (plus I get some in my salad of course). Plus, i need something sweet, better an apple then ripping into a muffin or bag of Haribo !

I will be popping the AMPED tonight pre gym, and then hammering my pecs and triceps into submission. I hope my training buddy shows up.

I took some readings this morning, and the numbers made me happy. Largest waist is 32 inch, smallest 30.25. These are I think the lowest numbers of the year, yet my weight is 11 stone 8.5 as at this morning, which is 1lb more then my lightest. This must mean my muscle mass has increased I think. My arms are now 14.5inch, which is 1/2 an inch since i stated pushing the arms more. I am sure my shoulders, chest and back all have gained some size.

Bulking while cutting, who would have thought. :p

I am surprised just how small my waist may need to be. :eek:

So its 4.5 weeks till D-day, its going well, but today I feel the need to step it up. Slightly more low carb days, good weekends when possible, and the dreaded morning cardio should really get a look in. I have set my alarm a couple of times, but thus far, i have just snoozed it until my normal time.

Laters.

11. Reno_1ted

Another good day down yesterday, as my friend cancelled the chest session, and then re-instated it, and it went ahead.

Lifted my old PB for reps on the bench, which is cool, and now means apart from squats, I am at my PB or more for everything now. That represents another 5kg to last chest session, which is a nice improvement. Triceps followed, and i tore through them, and today both body parts feel nicely worked.

I also woke up to be 11 stone 7.5lbs, which is the lightest I have been in 2009 (by .25 of an lb, but still!), a 1lb drop from yesterday, and I am also the lowest waist I have been for a very very long time, and the strongest I have been for 18 months or so. Its nice. I would take some new pictures, but I am supporting a dead squirrel on my chest and abs right now, and so I will carry on and take some pre holiday, when the chest rug is gone. Still dont know if I am going to have the guts to go for a wax, but I believe its the only option, other then to parade the pool like the Yeti man. No way.

Another low carb day today, no problem thus far after yesterday. Was nice to quaff some oats with my breakfast, and the fruit helps keep the blood sugar up a bit.

Got band practice tonight, but have my gym gear with me to ensure I can nip there before practice. Ill probably do shoulders tomorrow evening, so may do biceps and abs again tonight. I want to work my arms every week, and my abs twice a week. If i am going to strip the rest of this fat off me, i need to ensure the abs that are revealed look good.

Going to be a challenge this weekend. Going for a meal friday with my other half, to celebrate my promotion. Will probably be more quantity then being "unclean" that is the issue. Avoiding their wonderful deserts will be tough to. I doubt I will drink though. Saturday is a night in Manchester watching a couple of bands, there is 5 of us going, all lads, all friends, and a mini bus picking us up afterwards. The concept of not having a drink at this is really unrealistic. So its damage limitation really. I dont know what will go down until it does, all I can say is that having a carb rota, and working my ass of in the gym, will certainly make me not want to undo it all, and have it all for nothing.

I just have to think of the holiday snaps !

On a final note, I nearly made myself cry with the foam roller last night, such is its evil ability to cause extreme pain. Rolled out my calves, and my hips, my god, its inhuman!

12. Reno_1ted

Did Biceps and abs last night. I did quite a lot on the old biceps, but for some reason they didnt feel very pumped. :confused: Still, did the work, upped the weights, all good.

For abs, 1 session is all body weight volume work, and the other (which was last nights), is weighted.

Feeling a little run down today, glad its the end of the week. Felt quite hungry and tired last night, and slept in this morning. So today I will be making a high carb day, after 2 days straight of no carbs after a sprinke of oats in my breakfast shake, and fruit. Will still be clean though of course, and will be trying to be clean when i head for my meal tonight.

Tomorrow will be the challenge. I leave for my holiday 4 weeks today, and the last 2 weeks I have made real headway fatloss wise. I need to keep that up and build on it. Time will tell.

I do have my gym stuff with me, but am in 2 minds about whether to go. On the one hand, I feel I should, but on the other, I am really pretty beat up and tired after a tough week. I got my 3 sessions in, although only 1 main bodypart session. Tomorrow day is an option, but when does that ever happen when I say it will? That said, I make a habit of listening to my body, and as you know I am pretty open with my reasons for skipping sessions, I will admit if it is lazyness or the hangover, but my body is crying for a rest and refuel after 3 heavy hard weight sessions in a row, and a new low carb system. So i may well listen to my body.

I might head the gym anyway, and soak in the hottub, and see how I feel.

Very good week this week. No cheats, not a single deviation from my diet, good progress with my new diet, back to PB for bench press, new high in arm inches, new low in waist inches, and new low in weight.

May next week be better again.

Have a good weekend.

13. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

Reno you've been ultra consistent the past few weeks, and I think you are wise in listening to your body when it says it's worn out. Rest and recovery are when your body rebuilds itself, and if you push too hard it doesn't get that chance. It also increases your risk of injury, and you don't want to get injured right before going on holiday. Fantastic effort by the way. :tu:

14. Reno_1ted

Cheers dude ! :tucool:

So the weekend went pretty much as expected. Friday I went for the meal, avoided the booze, and avoided the pudding. I did have a small amount of sweets when I got home, while watching a film, but not too bad.

Saturday day, foodwise was fine, and if anything I under ate. I made up for that with enough beer saturday night to kill a small horse, if said horse was a drinker. Which most horses, are not. Yesterday was therefore a bit of a write off, and today I am my usual semi hungover and tired self. *sigh*. Ah well.

I dont think I did too much damage to my progress, so long as I stick to the plan this week. So far, so good, with an early rise to prepare my meal etc. I will be going low carb today and tomorrow, medium carb wednesday, then low again thurs and fri. I am so tired but will hit the gym for calves and abs and do my best, then get an early night and fire up the machine for a good shoulders and back and bi session this week. I want to see 11 stone 6.

15. Reno_1ted

I made the gym yesterday, and considering my sorry state, actually wound up working very hard. It wasnt a fun workout, but I grinded it out, and pushed myself, more as punishment then anything else. My abs this morning are killing me. It was one of those morning where i couldnt sit up in bed.

Today I still feel a bit run down, but, I intend to hit that gym and give 100% to my shoulders. All food has been spot on, last night was calling for me to eat some sugar, probably sweets (candy), but I did prevail.

Last nights pre bed mirror check ritual (is that just me?) gave me the impression that I am now at the leanest I have been for a very long time. Certainly this new diet / focus is working to strip away the fat. I certainly need to make a decision re the old chest bear. I think it will be like the big reveal when I sort it, kind of like the end of one of those makeover programs. Ta da !!! :lol:

Today is pay day, and I am going to treatmyself to a couple of pairs of Tapout shorts for my holiday, to go with my new slim self. :flex:

Work is going well since the promotion, I had a tricky position to recruit for, and have got someone in just in time, which was cool, hopefully its the right person for the job. You just never know till someone starts. Its one thing to look good on paper. Fingers crossed. Ive felt like a plate spinner these last few weeks, especially in work, but also getting bits done at home, my relationship, friends, band and of course the world of weight lifting. To be honest, the way my personality is, I wouldnt want it any other way. :tu:

Enjoy your tuesday.

16. Reno_1ted

Quality workout last night, hit the same weight as last time (which as you know was a new PB), but managed 5/5/4 in reps this time, up from the 4/4/4 of last time. This is pleasing given its been a while since shoulders was on the agenda, goes to show you build the strength out of the gym. I got a weird shooting pain down the thumb side of my left hand when i cleaned the bar up for the final set, and it hurt through the set (I carried on, and actually, probably would have made 5/5/5 if it wasnt for that! :lol:). When I put the bar down it hurt for a bit, then went away. I was fine to carry on lifting. This has happened before. I dont know if I am popping something out with the clean motion. It seems to be when I take the weight onto my palms pre push press. Weird. I may try a wrist support next time. I could take the bar from the rack rather then clean it up, but I enjoy that part, and it gives me a rush for the rest of the presses. We shall see.

Today is medium carb day, so had a chicken sandwich on wholemeal bread, and it was like a cheat meal. Weird how it works. Tonight is supposed to be a rest day from the gym, but I feel good and with the carbs at lunch, maybe I will hit the gym again. I will play it by ear. If I go, I will probably throw an arm set in. Its all about the show off muscles from here on in. :bb::p

Weight this morning is back to 11 stone 7.5, the low of last week. So if I play my cards right, come the weekend I may see a 6 at the end of that. :spaz: With a decent weekend, I can make some great progress between now and the holiday. I think next week will see a stall, and I will probably have to bite the bullet and start the AM cardio again. :mad: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Bought my TapouT shorts last night from an Ebay MMA store. They look pretty cool, hopefully they will fit ok. I need to go out and get some more clothes for the trip, should be fun, always good to shop for clothes (unless accompanied by an indecisive woman).

Train hard, thanks for stopping by !

17. Reno_1ted

Due to a meeting that i have been thrown into this afternoon by management, located in Liverpool meaning a 45 minute drive, and also meaning a 45 min drive back again, being that it finishes at 5.30pm, its unlikely I will be hitting the gym tonight. I knew this yesterday, and therefore, I decided that I needed to go last night. That I had been the previous 2 nights and worked my ass off really showed with how I was feeling, it was not a great session and I didnt feel very good. I did the arm workout and nailed every excersize as best I good, I didnt sell myself short, but, I didnt push it to the limit either. The main thing is, I went, got it done, and I did feel better once I left the gym.

Back on Low carb day again today. Getting to me a bit now, but, I will continue to push this on for the next 3 weeks and 1 day. Come the weekend, I will be able to relax again, but hopefully not too much.

So no gym tonight, thank the lord, will get back from shitty meeting and rest up, and hopefully be ready for a final session tomorrow, probably back and some weighted abs I think. Though I have been 3 times this week now, which is cool.

18. Reno_1ted

I had a little crack last night, nothing major, but at the meeting sat in the middle of the boardroom table was a platter of sandwiches. My weakness. I had 4 little triangles, which is basically 2 pieces of bread with some cheese and pickle in the middle. I felt pretty guilty till I thought, "Get a frickin grip lad, its 2 bits of wholemeal bread!!!". Its not a case of beer and 14 bags of Haribo ! Still, its good to check myself, before I wreck myself. Can I pull off saying that as a white middle class English guy? Probably not.

So I have my gym stuff with me today. I need to get in there for back. However, I am not feeling the love. Its so clear to me why I have weeks like this, yet I allow the beer to flow even still. Not that this has been a bad week, far from it. It has though been a tough week, and a tired week. Still, balance is key. Life is for living. I am though ready for the weekend, and I know if I go and pull some Deadlifts etc, I will enjoy it that little bit more.

This weekend, I have a party tomorrow for a friends 30th, and my brother is coming over for a movie and some food Sunday. Tonight, I will probably just chill, maybe take a film in, and get some takeout food. I would love a Pizza, but it has to be the worst cheat meal, so I wont.

I didnt manage to hit my 11 stone 6 this week, probably due to last weekend and also the fact that with the gains I am making in the gym, it is possible I am balancing fat loss with muscle gain a bit. However, 3 weeks today until the holiday, I need to consider either a reduction in cals (which I am against really, as I like the progress in the gym), or an increase in expenditure, IE...... cardio !! Booooooooooooooo!

3 weeks until my holiday. Looking good, progress is coming. Its coming.

Have a good weekend y'all.

19. Reno_1ted

So another weekend over. Lets look at the good points.

And over to the bad points.

Nah, it wasnt all bad, but as always, i could have done more that was better then more then was worse. I did hit the gym friday after work, for a superb back session. Deadlifted a new PB for reps, 5/5/4, then went on to pulldowns and rows, before a little abs to finish things off.

The weekend was marred by a poor choice of food in the evenings, which didnt include a pizza thank god, but did involve indian food friday and chinese food saturday. I did have a roast dinner yesterday, but that was main veg and meat, nothing too bad. I avoided a desert but did have some sweets while watching films yesterday. And yes, i went out sat night and yes, drank beer. It was a late one, but it could have been worse, because most people hit town after the party, and I went to a friends house for a bit, then home. Was still pretty late though.

So I am my usual tired Monday self, and i think the new job, coupled with extra stress and the need for this holiday, is making me even more tired. However, I remain confident that my progress was good last week. With the right aims this week, I should be able to move on in these next 3 weeks.

I am torn with what to do tonight though. I could hit the gym and try for something, but I cant see a heavy PB breaking session on the cards, and I have band practice at 7. Maybe its better to head home, rest up, practice and get an early night, and then hit it tomorrow. The issue with that is that I COULD workout tonight. Maybe I just go and do abs, maybe calves, and then at least something is better then nothing. Who knows. I shall let you know tomorrow.

People are starting to comment on my level of muscle again, which is super cool. Its always nice that people can tell you work out from looking at you, and testment to how I have been doing recently. I am still no where near as cut as i want to be, but its going in the right direction.

I cant wait for my holiday. :cool:

20. Reno_1ted

Today is a good day. I have been to the gym twice, and done a 30 min cardio session. :D

For the first time ever I tried a lunch time gym session. Mornings just wont happen for me, and I need to just accept that. However, I can take up to 2 hours lunch so long as I make up the time (we have a flexi system which as a manager I cannot use fully, but can still use a bit). So I am thinking 2-3 cardio based sessions at Lunch time is the way forward. I seemed to have enough time to get a decent amount in, but man, am I unfit !!! I was really struggling, just goes to show. Its been a very long time since I did CV work. Ah well, only one way to improve.

I was a little warm and uncomfortable for a good hour post workout, but had a shower etc before heading back to work, so wasnt too bad. That will improve as I get fitter I think as well.

Went back this evening, and hammered out a chest and tri session, good lift on the bench, matching my PB last week, but with better reps. I may try another 5kg next week. All good.

Just about to chow down some Gammon and a couple of eggs. Would be nice to have some potatoes or better still chips (fries) with it, ah, the old low carb swing of life. Rubbish yet effective.

I think my weekends are hindering me fatloss wise now, as well as the usual issues of being tired etc. My body fat has reached that point where I need to step it up a bit. I have 2 weekends left before the holiday, and I need them to be good, no fuckin about now really. I have a gig both fridays, this weekend is my own band playing, and the one after is Dream Theatre and Opeth in Manchester. I will probably drive to our own gig this weekend, then stop in Saturday and chill. I can see me doing ok this weekend. However, the weekend after will be tricky, and thats probably the most important. With 2 good weekends, and this extra CV for the next 2.5 weeks, I should be in with a shout of looking half decent for the trip.

Speaking of which, someone posted a really old picture of me on facebook, probably circa 2003, 04 at a push. Certainly pre John Stone Fitness. To say I look unhealthy and skinny is an understatement. It is the "best" pic I have seen to show what I was like before this journey. Some people have their 300lb giant before pics, but I have never been fat. However, I was very thin, probably 145lbs at one point, and skinny fat with it. Very gaunt, partying way to much and not taking any care of myself whatsoever. I am not dramatic enough to say I wouldnt be here now etc if I hadnt got into this fitness thing (actually quitting smoking tobacco started all of this really), but I am very glad I look like I do now, rather then how I looked then. I did however look younger, which would be nice (he says at 28).

Anyways, I will get a copy of the picture uploaded, and put it side by side with my after pics from the holiday. Its nice to finally have a before pic.

Enjoy your evening (or afternoon if your in the USA!)

Laters