1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

The Return - Reno's comback Trail.

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Reno_1ted, Nov 3, 2008.

1. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I hope Steven Tyler doesn't kill himself first. :gl:
    :tucool:

2. Reno_1ted

Reno_1ted Well-Known Member

Hey Lisa!

It seems the whole Steven Tyler thing was something of a publicity stunt to add stock to the band, the thing being that now you feel its something special to see them with Steve when in reality its what has always been the case for the last 30 odd years. Who knows. All I know is, I cant wait !! :spaz:

Cinderalla wise, I really like Shake me, Nobodys Fool and of course Dont know what you got till its gone. Did you ever see the film "the wrestler"? Apart from being a really good, well acted film, it has a killer 80's Glam soundtrack.

So yesterday was another GREAT gym session, with my lifting my PB for deadlifts that I did last week on my last set, but for all three sets, at 5/5/4 reps. :tu: Up in weight on rows and pulldowns. This morning I didnt have the chance to take stats as I overslept, but I will do so tomorrow 100%.

I dont know what is really going on with me right now. I dont feel like I am bulking diet wise, but then I guess I am not feeling like I am going hungry and am deprived of anything. I dont necessarily feel full of beans during my workouts; after deadlifts last night, everything else was a real struggle, but a struggle I got through without being sick (just!). Then again, I dont feel like I have no energy either. One theory is that because I am training with someone consistently now for the first time, I am actually just pushing myself further then perhaps I had thought I could, when just on my own. I always maintain that I worked very hard during those times, and at my strongest I wasnt much behind where I am now. But that was when I was deliberatly bulking. I have lost some fat no doubt. Its all very strange. At the moment I plan to just keep going with the flow, as I am very much enjoying myself. That said, there will come a time when I have to really evaluate my goals, and see whether or not those single figure body fat stats are worth a switch up, as even though I have dropped to around the 12-13% mark, I cant see me getting to, say, 9% without at least changing a few things about my diet and adding some consistent CV. Before my holiday last year when i reached about 10%, I had to play with my carbs a little and do some extra CV. We shall see.

The upshot of a great shoulders session followed by a brutal back one, is that today my upper body is very sore. Chest is therefore out, and so I think arms is going to win out as favourite. As you know arms is always something I have wanted to improve on and I think recently it has been subconciously something which I have focussed on.

3. Richie11

Richie11 Active Member

clearly a top dollar training partner is keeping your workouts honest :confused:

4. Reno_1ted

Rich, get out of my journal. :D

5. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

My husband didn't like it all that much, but I loved that movie. :love: As a bonus, I've always had a bit of a crush on Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei. :o :doh: So that may have coloured my opinion. :lol:

:guitar:

6. Reno_1ted