1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

The reason this site rocks

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by _Christopher_, Oct 26, 2004.

1. _Christopher_

_Christopher_ Well-Known Member

This is an excerpt from Tom Venuto's newsletter #39...

"When you see someone who was in the same situation as you, who has already achieved what you want to achieve, that will strengthen your belief and faith like nothing else. With more belief and faith, you will act more decisively and follow through with your plan with more confidence."

When I start to doubt my goals I think about folks on here that looked like I looked and now have incredible physiques. It is very powerful to see "normal" people that have been in your shoes do what you want to do and encourage you to follow.

This might be obvious but I wanted to say it because when I read that I found is to be very, very true. I refer to their before and after photos in the media gallery often because it is such a great resource.

Thanks!

2. adamc

adamc Well-Known Member

I agree. John's pictures and the media gallery have been very important to me from the beginning. Now that I have my own bits of success I can document, I've been trying to give back a little. The media gallery is great motivation. Heck, it's motivating once you post your pics, too ... you feel that much more strongly that you can't backslide!

3. Skoorb

Skoorb Well-Known Member

Yep, it's very encouraging to see somebody having gone through what you've gone through, and having succeeded. There are thousands upon thousands of bodybuilding sites about guys who've never been "the average joe", but compartively few about somebody who's taken the average body and made it into something worth having.

4. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

We feed off each other; those earlier in their journeys striving to improve are the ones who inspire me as much as those who are where I'm heading. We all learn by talking about it. We support each other. All because of a silly little piece of software on a computer that lets us interact on the Internet. What a world...