1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

The Phoenix Chronicles

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Phoenix, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

T.W: 99.5kg

Cardio: 30min Hill HIIT Session 12 sprints.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

T.W: 99.5kg

Workout:
    CL: 61 x 5 x 3
    BP: 90 x 5 x 3
    PlR: 91 x 5 x 3
    GM: 20 x 10, 30 x 10
    N Hy Ext: 7.5 x 10 x 2
    N Fl: 7.5 x 10 x 2
    Hanging Leg Raises: BW x 10 x 2

A Nice event free workout all good. :tu:

Carb refeed today but a modest one homemade chicken lasagna, I have not come across another person on the planet that can nail it as well as my beautiful wife.
    Now a garlic prawn Caesar salad while I watch the Hulk vs Thor then Hulk vs Wolverine :spaz:

3. Phillyp

Phillyp Active Member

Thanks for your advice in my journal, I appreciate it.

Just started downloading the two movies you just mentioned, and also started downloading the following:

justice league: new frontier
    Green Lantern First Flight
    Wonder woman

Downloaded Superman Batman Public Enemies the other day and its pretty good, you should give it a whirl.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

T.W: 100.3kg

Cardio: 44min hill walk/jog + 10min walk the dog

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Ok cool will check em out. Was so hoping hulk was going to tear wolverine into two pieces like in the hard copy but it was not bad.

6. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

T.W: 100.7kg
    Diet has been good and exercise has been solid so this weight fluctuating business is interesting.

Cardio: 50min Hill jog/walk fasted state
    30min Treadmill session

7. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

T.W: 100.4kg
    Week 6 is upon me and this week was against the grain. I gained 600g weird considering diet has been spot on and cardio, training still following to plan.
    I am expecting this to be a great week and will remain positive.

Cardio: 50min Hill walk/jog. Went late afternoon and the sun was down on the way back an interesting change but I missed the hot sun on my back. At least the damn fly's were not around they are bastards especially when you get a big blow fly following you.

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

T.W: 99.9kg

Workout:
    SQ: 120 x 5, x 4, x 3, 140 x 1 negative
    MP: 61 x 4 x 2 , x 3, x 2
    DL: 120 x 2, x 3
    N Hyext: 8.75 x 8 x 2
    N Fl: 8.75 x 8 x 2
    Hy Ext: 20 x 8, x 10
    Wt Abs: 20 x 10 x 2

I was out of gas when it came to do Deadlifts and I did try 140 but had no energy to get it off the ground so I will do them later in the week.

Doing my best to not lose to much strength during the cut is hard work especially as I have run out of creatine and am noticing it.

9. user786

user786 Active Member

Hey just dropping by...congrats on being a Dad again:)...hope ur still
    managing to get ur sleep in :D.

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Hey thanks :)

Well last night was really rough the little fella had an upset tummy so I was up for most of the night and felt like a train wreck in the morning, he slept with me to give mum some much needed rest.

T.W: 100.1kg

Another week of hard work I estimate and I will travel far enough away from the 100kg territory so fluctuations will not make me hit it again :claphigh:

Cardio: 1hr 24min Walk up the back of the estate really nice country roads. My knee has been telling me to back off a little so I am just walking for the next few sessions and I will probably swap out for a bit of stationary bike and bike on the road when I get it home and cleaned up.

Have to say I have been thinking about whole grains lately I do miss them from time to time.

11. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

T.W: 99.4kg

Workout:
    FSQ: 75 x 5 x 3
    DL: 140 x 5, 150 x 1
    BP: 91 x 5 x 3, 95 x 2
    CL: 62.5 x 5 x 3
    Th Ab: 40lb x 8 x 2

Well what a FREAKIN good workout I had. Feeling really good, last workout I could not DL 140 but it was easy today and I had a crack at 150, it went up slow but felt great.
    My BP felt pretty good and I felt like a couple of heavier reps and was expecting to really struggle with 95 but damn I felt strong and did 2 reps could have done 3 but was content with 2.

My strength went up a tad whilst cutting if this can continue then I will be really chuffed.

I am wondering what the chances of me getting close to max lifts on a cut would be :confused: who knows? I had a table spoon of oats before the workout and had a great 9hrs of sleep which seemed to make a massive difference.

Diet is still strong.

12. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

T.W: 99.1kg

Cardio: 24min walk with dog.

Have quite the sore throat did not sleep the greatest last night but feeling better so a good nights sleep will be on the menu I hope.

13. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

T.W: 99kg

Workout:

MP 61 x 5 x 3
    PlR 92.5 x 5 x 2, x 4
    St H 110 x 2
    SH 110 x 4, x 3
    N Ex 10 x 8 x 2
    N Fl 10 x 8 x 2
    LR BW x 8 x 2
    Chins x 5, x 3

14. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Yesterdays and todays weight the same at 98.8kg. She is movin on down.

Yesterday's Cardio: 30min treadmill.

Today's Cardio: 1hr 15min hill walk

I am needing to take it easy on my left knee it is a bit achy lately so I will be doing walking and am trying to pick my bike up so I can ride that to give my knee a rest.

On another topic took my little ones to a park to play, took off my slippers and walked 6 foot away from the sand lot and I stepped on some broken glass went straight in and left a small puncture hole with some blood leakage.
    Little bastards play around the area and break glass we have some real trash living in our neighborhood and one day I hope to catch some of the pricks in the act.

I made a slow cooked red coconut curry lamb shank dish where the meat falls off the bone and it is freakin off the taste charts very good and satisfying. Another nice keto food experience.

15. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Y.W: 98.5kg

Workout:
    SQ 120 x 5, 122.5 x 5 x 2
    BP 92.5 x 5 x 2, x 4
    CL 63.5 x 5 x 2, x 3, x 2
    HyExt 20 x 10 x 2
    St H 100, 105, 110 x 1 each

Very happy about my strength slowly progressing up and without creatine as well which is interesting. When I add it back in I wonder if I will notice any strength gains. I was happy to do all the squats and my form felt pretty nice, pretty deep below parallel where my upper calf hits my hamstrings it is daunting but really nice to accomplish them.

T.W: 99.4kg Interesting always a weight gain on the day after a workout 9/10 times. Some carbs were consumed around yesterdays workout as usual. My knee feels better the day after a workout which is good.
    I will be doing a good cardio session today.

16. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

No cardio yesterday felt off colour.

T.W: 98.8kg

Cardio: 55min hill walk/jog

17. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Active Member

Phoenix

You're looking quite BIG in your avatar, are we going to see a larger picture? :D

18. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

If you click on my profile there is a slightly bigger version of that pic. :)

19. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Yesterdays Weight: 98.5kg

Workout:
    FSQ: 77.5 x 5 x 3
    DL: 145 x 4, x 1
    MP: 62 x 2, x 3, x 3, x 4, x 3
    PLR: 92.5 x 5, 90 x 5 x 2
    NFL: 10 x 10 x 2
    NEx: 10 x 10 x 2
    ThAb: 50lb x 8 x 2

I am making an effort to pay attention to my work volume for each exercise and make sure I either match it or exceed it every workout. This work out I was a bit out of steam for MP but kept pushin to get the numbers where I wanted.

I got my bike from the uncle in law's and fixed it up, pumped the tyres and a lube. So I can now do some cardio on it and give the knee a rest.

Cardio: 18min on the Mountain Bike
    Holy crap did my quads burn and the heart rate up, I may be jogging fit but not bike fit !!

T.W: 98.5kg

Cardio: 24min M Bike
    Once again I am feeling it big time in my legs when I hit a hill and not even a big one. Will be a few weeks I imagine until get some condition up but my knee is loving the break.
    I had to fiddle with the crank on the bike today and tighten it up as it had some play but now it is tight and better to ride.

20. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

T.W: 98.8kg

Cardio: 1hr 17min hill walk + 17min m-bike ride

Been getting some reflux lately and also headaches once a day for a few days thinking this is related to the keto somehow. Not getting enough quality sleep but with a new born that is just the way it is. Curious to see how my weight is tomorrow and if I get an ok result for the last week gone.