1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

The Phoenix Chronicles

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Phoenix, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Cardio: 38min hill walk - fast pace

Originally I thought I would have the day off then I thought I will just do a 25min walk. Oh well when your in the mood, your in the mood.

2. Phillyp

Phillyp Active Member

I reckon you will be in single digits in a week or so.

Have been reading more about keto, even found Lyle Mcdonalds website, he reckons ketosis means nothing lol, but the calorie deficit is what counts...

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

But in saying that, I enjoy not having a carb bloat or the insulin spikes that accompany eating carbs (simple and complex) and associated periods of hunger, with keto you always feel full, I usually miss meal times as I just dont get hungry in three hours due to the fat intake, however the down sides are eating meat all the time, you get a little sick of it, there is a fair few foods to eat but finding out what and if you like it can be a pain in hte arse after a long day of work and gym.

It is muscle sparing though and I wouldnt try and cut on a normal diet.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Ha I think that is a bit of a fairy tale for me sorry :rolleyes: single digit bf% will not be until I get under 88kg and that is running with a best case scenario :). That is going to take me at least till xmass and probably into the new year but it's all good.
    Yeah ketosis is purely a means to an end and for me when I start working in the 'fitness' industry it is just another thing I can give a real account of and not be telling people 2nd hand information about. Yes it is muscle sparing but only if done in the right way. Anything can have a negative effect if not planned.

I have read a number of books from both M.Dipasquale and Lyle McDonald and they are a very interesting read. M.D's books are not researched enough and uncomplete in a sense. With L.M's books you see an evolution of his approach towards a ketogenic diet and how he eventually comes to the conclusion that it can work for some people and not for others. He even questions if keto diets are even really worth it in the end and advocates a different approach called the Ultimate diet taken from the Body Opus works as inspiration.
    At the end he advocates a type of Cyclic Keto diet and details how this can be used to get to very low levels of bf% in a way that is much kinder on you body and mind :cool:

I like learning about different things and experiencing new ways of achieving my goals. I am not getting sick of meat yet to tell you the truth it would not matter, carbs, protein, fats in whatever proportions. I prepare my stuff at home and spend time making my food taste good so I never get sick of it.

4. yourmate

yourmate Active Member

I just left for a few days and when coming back I have to read this?!? Probably you missed some steak days and your body was fighting back ;)

I'm glad you're safe and sound!

ps.: take care man, we need those stories about those foooooooods :)
    as you can see my teeth are getting bigger...

5. Phillyp

Phillyp Active Member

Lol I meant double digits, as in under 100 kegs.

Dont worry, I did some calculations and im at about the same timeframes, at least you know im doing the hard yards to :-) keep it up!

6. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Yeah not too long for that at least ;)

7. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Today's Weight: 101.4kg

Cardio: 45min hill walk/jog, ended up a bit longer that I thought it would be. There I go underestimating myself again :rolleyes:
    I plan on doing a pm session before bed on the treadmill at about 20mins see if I get to it.

After cardio I did a series of lightweight barbell exercises in a circuit fashion.
    Lunges, military press, curls, overhead T extension, push ups, bent over rows at about 12-15 reps each. The weight was a pissy 33lb at an estimate.

All my little aches and pains are seemingly disappearing so all going well I will hit the gym tomorrow. I don't usually train on a Wednesday but it is just another day.
    I finished off my Kangaroo sausages for lunch and you cannot get more Aussie that that. Only thing is they are called 'Kanga Bangers' which to me is a bit of a play on words. :confused:

#147 Phoenix, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  8. Phillyp

Phillyp Active Member

Doesnt mean the same thing to americans lol....

9. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Last night: 20min treadmill - man I was pooped.

Today's Weight: 101.6kg

Workout:
    FSQ: 72.5 x 5 x 3
    MP: 60 x 5, x 4, x 5
    DL: 140 x 5
    CL: 60 x 5 x 3
    GM: 20 x 8 x 2
    St Holds: 100 x 2

So it is a great feeling to workout and only have the normally associated tiredness. No injuries woohoo :tucool: I could have pushed a bit harder on a couple of exercises but I am playing it safe and building it up again.

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Today's Weight: 101.3kg

Cardio: 46min Hill Jog majority was jogging only a very small amount of walking.

11. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Today's Weight: 100.9kg Dippin down to the 100kg mark is what I wanna see ;)

Cardio:
    57min Hill jog/walk
    15min walk with kids to park
    10min walk with wife to jumpstart delivery
    Light barbell circut with some chins and dips thrown in.

Diet still strong, lovin all the cheese and meat :eat:

12. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Yesterdays Weight: 101.2kg

No activity, sore neck pissed me off and I could not train, third time in about a month I will probably go to a chiro/physio to check for imbalances and posture problems etc. Need to get it sorted, also need to start training neck for added strength which should help.

T.W: 100.6kg

Cardio: 53min Hill Walk/Jog
    Getting quicker and quicker as I do the hill jog feeling lighter and faster, getting back to my old lean standards.

13. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

5 Week mark here already.

T.W: 100.1kg <--- 1.7kg/3.7lb down since last week.

Cardio: 55min Hill Jog/Walk

Diet is still good just gotta make sure I am getting enough in each day the food is just so satisfying.

I hope my neck is all good to go tomorrow for a workout, I really hate only doing one a week it is crap.

BTW if anyone is considering to ever watch the movie Dragon Ball Evolution don't it is the worst movie I have ever seen. Utterly pitiful completely rapes the original DBZ storyline and characters. I know the movie has been out a while but I spent half the movie laughing at how gay it was. :mad:

14. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

T.W: 100.3kg

Cardio: 53min Hill walk/jog

Still felt a twinge in my neck so will not take any risks today with training maybe tomorrow I hope. Can't afford to hurt my neck again as I will have a newborn to carry around after Thursday.

15. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

WOO HOO I am a dad for the 3rd Time :)

T.W: 100.5kg
    Yesterday was 100.7kg, the day before 100.4kg I think :rolleyes:

The last couple of days have a been a little bit hectic to say the I started to carb load on Wednesday morning and was ready to go the gym but my wife was in a lot of pain. She was going into labour! hehe we had been to the hospital about 4 times in the last week for various reasons and were not sure if she was going into labour or not because the last two children were induced.

We went to the hospital at around 2pm and she was indeed in labour it had its worrying moments and was leaning towards a Caesar delivery but thank the lord it turned perfect my son came naturally.
    He was 9lb 9 1/2oz, a beautiful baby boy perfect in every way.

I do not usually put too much personal stuff in this journal but I cannot help it I am overjoyed and so happy that my wife did not have another bad or dangerous situation as previously. :nod::tucool:
    I am overjoyed and wrapped with this new addition to my family and I feel like love is overflowing out of me, I am so in love :heart::heart: with this little guy, he is sooooo cute. :dreamy::dreamy:

Ok end of my super soppy rant.

Diet has been good but on the delivery day I had about a 10hr gap inbetween meal 3 and 4 then went to bed man was my stomach sore.

Trained today and it felt great lost a little strength but some will come back.

SQ: 100 x 5, 110 x 5, 115 x 5 deep baby deep
    BP: 90 x 5 x 2, 90 x 4
    PlR: 90 x 5 x 3
    GM: 20 x 10 x 2
    SH: 100 x 8
    St H: 100 x 2 till failure
    Neck Flexion: 5 x 8 x 2
    Neck HyEx: 5 x 8 x 2

Touch wood no injuries and feeling good, neck is a tad twingy but I am hoping the strengthening exercises will give me long term success with it.

Three days without going for a good jog man am I looking forward to hitting the hills tomorrow.

16. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

T.W: 100.1kg

Cardio: 54min Hill walk/jog

17. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

T.W: 100.1kg

Cardio: 27min Jog

18. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

T.W: 99.8kg under 100kg finally

0.3kg lost since last week much lower than normal but I am totally cool with it as I got to witness another miracle of life :)

Cardio: 42min Hill Jog/Walk

19. Phillyp

Phillyp Active Member

Good work on hitting that milestone!

20. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Hey thanks Phil it is nice to get to two digits again.

Yesterdays Weight: 99.4kg

Yesterdays Workout:
    SQ 120 x 4
    MP 61 x 4, x 5, x 4
    DL 145 x 5
    N Fl: 6 x 10 x 2
    N Ex: 6 x 10 x 2
    Wt Abs: 20 x 10 x 2
    Th Ab: 30lb x 10 x 2

Nice to get a workout in deadlifts were hard and my back has gotten a tad stiff after doing them.

T.W: 99.8kg

Cardio: 55min Hill Jog/Walk

Feeling good out there it was 31 deg C today but would have been 35 easy in the early afternoon sun. I am enjoying jogging with less baggage sooo much nicer a feeling.