1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

The Phoenix Chronicles

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Phoenix, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

As pumped as a beachball :jumping:

I did tabata on the stationary bike and used the inbuilt timer.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

2 week results

Saturdays carb load was pretty modest and I definitely was not over 3000cal and I kept fat low.
    Yesterdays weight was 104.5kg.

Today's weight: 103.7kg.
    2 WEEK RESULTS: 106.9kg - 103.7kg
    That is a 3.2kg/7lb loss.
    Chest: +2 inches
    Ass: -2 inches
    Lower abs: -1 1/4 inch
    Hips: - 1 1/4 inch

Thoughts about keto:
    Still loving it and have not found it hard, the opposite really. Loads of energy and feeling great. Once I started my run yesterday I really picked up and on the way back had to restrain from doing hill sprints.
    Come to think of it I have been sleeping better too.

Ok something really weird I have been noticing in the mirror is that my chest has been looking a bit fuller. I kept putting into the back of my mind chalking up to the rest of me looking less fatter so my chest looks bigger.
    How the hell does my chest increase 2 freakin inches in 2 weeks :eek:. The initial measurements were taken with my wife's help and I lined it up with my nipples and made sure the tape was horizontal and flush, I used the mirror this time triple checked it. Some of it has to be back growth as there is no way it can all be chest. Can't be fluid retention as I would have been carb depleted by yesterday morning.
    I am getting closer to my max lifts but it is not like I have set any PR's since starting keto :confused:
    I might get my wife to do the measurement for me later just to make sure.

I will do jog today about 30mins and I will leave the pooch home, his pads are wearing out a little and I have been making sure to give him every opportunity to run on the grass. I will give him most of the week off and just let him chase the ball out the back. Maybe that has been part of his problem with keeping up.

3. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Active Member

I don't know, but what method are you using? :lol:

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Um for measuring or lifting ??

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Today's weight: 102.5kg

Workout:

SQ 127.5 x 5, x 4, x 3, 1 negative
    MP 62.5 x 3, 60 x 5
    CL 72.5 x 3, 60 x 5 x 2
    Chins at home BW x 6, x 5

Not my best workout, after the squats I was rooted and I found these hard.
    Not to worry when cutting I cannot expect it all to go my way. It was sweltering hot in the gym and I was completely saturated when I finished so I expect it will take a few workouts to get used to the heat as the last gym always had the air conditioners blasting.
    I went to bed a little too late again :nono: I am finding it hard to unwind at night and always watch a couple episodes of whatever anime series I am hooked on before bed and this ends up finishing later than expected.
    I am happy with my continuing progress on the cut and I am curious to how I will feel on Thursdays workout.

6. Phillyp

Phillyp Active Member

Fantastic progress so far mate, we see results in kilos but if you convert it to pounds then it looks so much bigger!

No idea about the chest, but do you think its more muscle or fat? does seem a bit weird, but I woudnt worry, see what happens over the next few weeks.

How often are you carbing up?

7. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Todays weight: 102.7kg
    I really need to put in a little extra work over the next few days as on Saturday we are going to a buffet at a very nice hotel in Sanctuary Cove on the Gold Coast for my daughters birthday. The food is very good and it is a half price deal. Two people for $33 instead of one. I am going to do my best to be modest but if I go overboard it will mean the rest of the day is very lean and I will get about 60% of my calories from that 2nd meal.

Yeah Phil things are ticking along, my greedy side always wants it to be faster but 1.5kg a week is a great goal to aim for so keeping it around that will be nice.
    No idea on the chest measurement, when I take my one month measurements I will see what happens.

I take in some extra carbs on workout days but that is about 30 grams worth from two glasses of milk. Apart from that just one refeed a week and a modest on at that still a little under maintenance but more that what I am used to during the week.

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

The hail storm we had pushed back my cardio session to late in the afternoon. During the storm my wife and I were under the patio getting hail stones for my little fella to munch on, they were pretty tasty and low cal :rolleyes:

Anyways I ended up going for a 1 hr 13 min walk/jog up the back of my estate. My legs are throbbing a little from it. Gotta pay it forward so I keep getting progress as the impending 'buffet' is approaching :scared: :heart:

9. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Today's Weight: 102.1kg

Workout

FSQ 70 x 5 x 3
    BP 96 x 5 x 3
    PLR 91 x 5 x 3
    GM 20 x 10, 30 x 10
    ThAb 30lb x 10 x 2
    Wt Ab 30 x 10 x 2

I skipped doing DL my lower back was a bit sore yesterday from SQ's but the big walk really did it wonders. My legs felt much better when I awoke and I am wondering if the glutamine is helping with my recovery, I took 5g after the walk(i think) and 5g before bed. I take it now after a workout and then a glass of lowfat milk.

I will try to take the mutt for a walk. I will also try to make time to watch the new bleach movie I downloaded should be good.

10. Akira-Kai

Akira-Kai Well-Known Member

Good to see you're making nice, steady progress and that you're posting your daily weight. :tu:

How often do you post pics??

11. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Thanks matey :)

I am putting in the hard work, and sticking to ma master plan the rest is in Gods hands :zen:
    I am taking progress pics every two weeks and I will be putting pics up at the end of this cut, probably a side by side comparison shot of front back and side pics.

12. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Today's Weight: 102.8kg

Seemingly there is a pattern, after training days and refeed(this one is logical) weight goes up and on lower calorie and cardio days weight goes down. Interesting that even though calories are under maintenance on training days that weight will still go up, carbs are still kept very low 50g max. Something for me to research into for my own curiosity.
    Interesting to me how this happens from a biological standpoint especially when my blood glucose levels would be hovering around the 80-85mg/dl figure. This is when I need a microbiologist or medical professional on hand :p

Afterwork today I went for a 1hr 10 min hill jog/walk with 'boofa'. I am so proud of my dog he does well for an 8yr old. I had a few stops along the way to give him some rubs and positive encouragement, he is seeking out the grass more often now he seems to understand that this is better for his tooties :nod:

I got 7hrs sleep which is good for a night before an early shift at work but I felt like shit for most of the day until lunch time. The cardio was tough my hammys were quite stiff as I am not used to the GM's I did on Thurs.

Tomorrow is buffet day :drool::spaz: I will definitely not gorge(well just a little) and am thinking of only have the tiniest amount of desert material and keeping to the more starchy carbs. The plan is to do a morning cardio session eat, then do a gym session, buffet then in the arvo do another small cardio session. See how I feel eh.

I feel like I really need to hammer it into the two digit kg range, I have the overwhelming desire to work hard an punish myself :evil:. That being said I will still be sensible and keep my overall goal in mind, maintaining what little muscle has been gained and keep strength stable, maybe even increasing. As I decimate the winter fat stores.

13. Akira-Kai

That's very good to hear!

When do you think your cut will end?

14. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Wow your bulk went good!

Just catching up on your journal. :tu:

Is there an outline of what you are doing for your cut?

15. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

I will cut till I reach 85kg/187lb.

16. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Thanks CA$ON,
    If you look at pg.4 of my journal I have some basic info on the keto structure of this cut, training is staying the same but with more cardio. I have wanted to try a keto diet for a while now, going ok so far.

17. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Today's Weight: 102.7kg

Am walk: 16mins

Workout:
    MP 62.5 x 5 x 2, 60 x 1
    DL I did most of my warm up sets and decided my lower back was a bit stiff and tender so there was no way I was going to push it.
    CL 40kg x 5 x 3 Stayed light and tried to work on technique.
    Chins 5 x BW

After workout: 22min hill jog

My lower back is quite tight and I am being careful with it, i have not put it out or badly seized it but it is telling me to be careful. When I get up out of a chair it is pretty tight and I have to carefully watch my posture and move nice and easy. I knew during the workout not to push it or I could put myself out of action for a few weeks.
    A few little set backs like at the beginning of my original cut, well " C'est la vie ". I might take a full week of the gym stick with the cardio and do a few basic circuits at home, p-ups, sit-ups, dips etc but I will play it by ear and let my back recover a bit.

The buffet went well, they are always consistent with quality and the food was great. I controlled my self and had a moderate amount to eat, I did not stuff myself and dessert just ended up being two small mousse slices. Quite a modest refeed I must say.
    Some of the highlights were a big ceasar salad, chicken curry stew, swordfish, cold seafood salad and some cheese.

I will taper the rest of the day off and await keto to engage again.

18. Akira-Kai

Sounds like you're just getting old!

19. yourmate

yourmate Active Member

just what I wanted to say ;)
    I feel the same and having a hard time during stretching...

20. yourmate

yourmate Active Member

you're always good at to get my apetite out of controll :eat:

um, 11 more days and I meet up with my family for the usual "one week in Croatia in October" holiday (seafood) and then go home for three days (more good food) and then back to London and to my diet :cry: