1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

The Phoenix Chronicles

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Phoenix, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Mondays Weigh In:
    93.6kg ----> 0.5kg/1.1lb loss for the week.

On Tuesday I hit 205lb exactly a good feeling.

My knee is starting to feel good squatted and dead lifted in yesterdays workout and apart from a small twinge here and there it is starting to feel good.

I am looking much leaner at this weight when compared to last time.

Cardio has been nice and constant and I have been doing some body weight circuits at home on the days I don't do workouts.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Weigh Day:
    93.8kg a 0.2kg increase for the week.

Everything is going well but I was expecting the scale weight to go down, I did my bodyfat and figures as I knew the mirror was telling me that I am still leaning out even though my weight stayed steady.

Bodyfat came in at 13.4% and my waist/ab measurements are going down. My strength is holding steady and even increasing slowly so I am happy over all.

I have had no alcohol or dessert for about 4 months and I have had a few opportunities to indulge in either or both.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Results for 2 weeks ago are,
    1kg down woohoo

Last weeks results are,
    0.9kg down

Strength is maintaining, my knee still aches from time to time and may get a MRI done on it.
    My chins are coming along with me managing to do 8,8,7 to the sternum. Last rep on last set was really tough and not as good form but overall a good effort.

I can fit into my 34" pants again but they are a snug fit so I think another week or two and they will be ok to wear again.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Weigh In: 92kg/202.4lb @ Monday 1st Feb
    A 0.1kg increase since the week before but bodyfat went down from 13.4% to 12.5% which is very good.

My weight has dropped off in the last couple of days to 91.2kg. I am doing what I call 'intuitive eating' no monitoring of calories but eating by feel.
    Would be taking in around 2000cal a day give or take, higher on some days and lower on days where I feel like I need to shock things up a tad.
    I am confident I can get to single digit bf% with this method of eating. I am feeling pretty good, my knee is still improving further.
    Next week will be a back off week, just one workout with 1 set for each of the major lifts and a bit of cardio on all the other days.

I am itching to drop below the 90kg mark again :nod:

5. george mavridis

george mavridis Active Member

Hey
    Just recently joined this forum and today noticed you're from the gold coast as well. Greetings neighbour.
    I read some of your initial transformation and I am about where you were ( maybe a little worse for wear).
    Mate you have done fantastic over the past few years. Keep up the good work, it's people like you that inspire people like me.

Who knows one day we may even run into each other.

6. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Thanks George, yeah we might one day as the world is a small place at times.

7. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Weight on Monday was:
    90.5kg I have said goodbye to 200lb and am now under it.

Did body fat today and it came out at 9.7% with measurements good as well, decreasing where I want them to.

Only a few more kg's to go and I will be going into a maintenance mode. All my bulking clothes are now really baggy and I need to use the belt to keep some of my pants on.

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Still slowly leaning out.

Weight: 88.8kg/195.4lb

I am aiming for 85kg so not long to go.

On a side note I did a PR for squat and my lifts are slowly coming back up. Not bad as I am still restricting calories.

9. user786

user786 Active Member

hEY hows u ?

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Hi User, long time absence but still around.

Had a nasty winter season with bronchitis type illnesses, gastro and fevers alike. A couple of small muscle strain injuries there too.

Came good a couple of weeks ago and started some better lifting. Maintaining around 86-88kg and rougly 8-9% bf.

Managed to do:
    SQ: 137.5 x 5 x 2, 138.5 x 5, 145 x 1
    DL: 145 x 4
    BP: 94.5 x 5 x 3
    PlR: 90 x 5 x 3

I was ready to crack 140 x 5 x 3 on squats and get deadlifts better as well. But stupid me had to go and fracture the 5th phalanx on my right foot and dislocate the joint.
    An emergency room job, taking about 4hrs out of my day and the female doctor took three goes to reset bones in foot and toe but was unsuccessful. Took two doctors two goes to set it, 1st with woman pulling and male holding foot then the male swapped and got it first go. Did not have any pain relieve untill after two failed attempts and the GA in my foot made no difference anyway I still felt everything. It was a very weird sensation.

So no weight bearing exercises for 3 weeks, I guess I could say around a month. Will not reach full strength again for about 3 months. I have cut out coffee, sugar and as much salt as possible out of my diet with eating uber healthy to help it speed up recovery as much as possible.
    It happen on Monday 27th September so I have untill 18th of October before any more squats etc and then it will just be light stuff.

All workouts are for upperbody now and core, so I will hit them more frequently and see if I can start benching 222lb comfortably among other things. I know the DOMS I shall receive from re-engaging with the squats is going to be gloriously painful.

No real cardio for about two weeks which sucks as well. I had decided to on Tuesday this week start with one month of super strict eating and training to get down to around 6% bf, funny how the shit hit the fan. I will still work hard to do it anyway, it just means less calories and more one leg action.

11. george mavridis

george mavridis Active Member

Tha's a bummer mate. I know what it's like when things are going great and then lifes shit happens. Keep at it and do what you can in the meantime.

12. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Today's weight: 85.6kg/188.3lb

Bench slowly going up.
    97 x 5 x 3, 100 x 2

Miss training legs, squatted today with one set of light weights with weight on my heels and my foot felt ok.

13. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Todays Weight: 84.8kg

BP: 97.5 x 3 x 3, 100 x 1 x 2
    The rest as usual, squatting and dead-lifting baby weights until my foot is stable enough to start pushing the mark.

About 5.5kg down in 2 weeks with no cardio, just an uber clean diet, with no added sugar, salt, coffee and bread/wheat products.
    I am still eating at least 2000cal a day of some good food like, salmon, steak, kangaroo and all the inbetween stuff.

14. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

TW: 85.1kg

Seated MP: 56 x 4 x 3
    SQ: 100 x 5 x 3
    DL: 100 x 5 x 3

Foot feeling good so this week maybe I can up squats more.