1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

The perfect diet

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by wh0rume, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Sturm

Sturm Well-Known Member

Right, and the smartass reply contributed exactly what...? :rolleyes:

Just presenting another point of view you know (it is a message board), there is more than one way to approach things. A diet based on these elements (vegetables, fruits, whole grains) has shown innumerable overall health benefits and some believe its important to look at things in the long-term. For myself being vegetarian, of course its also a more palatable nutritional plan, but aside from that just making it clear that its possible to be lean incorporating foods that also provide a few other health benefits besides supreme vascularity...

2. supirman

supirman Well-Known Member

Well apparently you lack reading comprehension. NOBODY ever saidANYTHING about not eating carbs/fruits completely. We eat them,they're just selectively placed during the day when the body needs themand they're most efficiently used. I eat 1 apple every day, and200g carbs. So, how exactly does that make my approachunhealthy? And yes, for me and many others, this approach is themost effective way to get lean.

So let's see your pictures, Mr. Big and Lean from all fruit and no protein.

3. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

that line is so huge. :lol:

anyway, i personally think that vegitarians should eat more steak, since nonvegitarians eat vegies. just a thought.

4. John Stone

John Stone John Stone
    Staff Member Owner

Everyone chill, please.

Sturm, your rude and sarcastic remark ("right, ignore the phytonutrients, fiber, nutritional benefits of fruits, veggies, and whole grains, yet suck down tons of animal protein and fat so you can get like supah-shredded bro, yeaahh :rolleyes:") is what started this thread downhill. In the future please express your point of view without being rude.

Get this thread back on track or it's getting closed.

Thanks.

5. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

everytime i send a picture of a steak to a vegitarian, i know i've gone too far. :o

anyway - im considering replacing my morning oat meal with 4 eggs. (yolks included). this would take away my main source of carbs during the day, but that's not the issue. (http://people.msoe.edu/~picciond/diet.htm)

does a carb/protien breakfast increase the metabolism MORE or LESS than an all-protien breakfast (in the morning)?

does it even matter?

6. supirman

If you're doing your cardio in the morning, you'll stop the fat burning process if you eat carbs.

7. Cziffra

Cziffra Well-Known Member

Hey, wh0areume, are you training for a marathon? Because I'm also training for one, next April 17th, and my long runs are driving me nuts. Do you have any long run? I run around 20 miles every Sunday and don't know what to eat to avoid muscle loss. Of course, a running session of 2+ hours cannot be regarded as fat loss cardio :p but it's necessary for me to train my body for the race. So those days I have oats one hour before running, a carb gel during the running and another 1/2 cup of oats with melon after the running.

Would that prevent muscle loss?

Also, I'm finding extremely difficult dropping my last 4-5% of bodyfat before reaching ~8% while under such an extreme running escheme. Do you experience something similar?

Cheers.

8. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

supir - so even if i eat the oats 30-45 minutes after my cardio - i'd get better results without the carbs?

-----------
    as for dropping the body fat with running - i've been unable to run much latly because of icey sidewalks in my city. but when i am running consistantly, i seem to drop the fat pretty fast, (but i'm also at 13% right now)

I havnt started my weekly long runs yet! the first marathon im running is may 7th i believe, so ill have to start soon...

as for the muscle loss... (and this is just what i heard somewhere) that if you load up with protien before the run, your body will burn that off before the muscles. id give it a 50/50 chance :)

so off the top of my head -
    + 1 cup oatmeal
    + banana before the run
    + protien shake
    before the run might be a pretty good formula? try it out and let me know how you feel - you can be my ginnypig to test before i actually try it ;);)

9. Cziffra

Cziffra Well-Known Member

I'd say that the body would rather use carbohydrates than protein. When you lose muscle, it's mainly because your glycogen stores are empty and the HR is too high for fats to provide all the energy. But if you have carbs available in your liver + muscles, I think the body would be happier using those than breaking down protein for energy. So I think a pure carb meal before the run and a complete carb+pro after is the choice.

Just a guess, as usual, I'm not sure.

10. supirman

You'll probably be fine by then. Just don't eat them right after.

11. tensdanny

tensdanny Well-Known Member

MSOE eh.. I too am from milwaukee. Where you from specifically. PM me, sorry for hijacking.

12. lilvietboi

lilvietboi Well-Known Member

Wait, now i'm really confused here. I thought that it's good to have pro/carb meal 45-60 mins after fasted cardio to stop the body from burning muscle. Man i gotta get this straight before i start running next week.

13. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

i know what supirman is saying. as i know how the program he is on works.

but if you consume a clean pro/carb meal after fasted cardio. you will still get great fat loss gains, provided the rest of your dietary approach is solid.

personally, i cannot eat pro/fat meals all day. i get sick. and having carb/pro meal in the morning runs perfect for me

14. wh0rume

wh0rume Senior Member

yes, it is fine after 45 minutes.

and i think i am going to stick with the oatmeal. i like having the fiber. plus its complex, so its not doing anything bad that i know of.