1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

The most powerful energy boosting supplement?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by matt of kent, Jul 16, 2008.

1. matt of kent

matt of kent Active Member

What is the most powerful energy boosting supplement out on the market?

I have permanetely enlarged tonsils (which supposedly will never fully recover from an infection i had a year ago until i have them out) which causes me too feel tired alot as my body is always fighting off an infection. So the doctor said...

My workouts definately need more intensity! i just need a good boost of energy for them, i tried creatine and it was ok but i need somethig that gives a more powerful kick!

Any success story's out there?

Btw i have a good clean diet, and enough sleep, its definateky the tonsils!

2. Doubleoqueso

Doubleoqueso Active Member

Problem with stimulants is that they tend to be addictive. However, a lot of people are addicted to caffiene, and there isn't a huge problem, there. It's just less than optimal, is all. I'd advise avoiding stimulants altogether and psyching yourself up a bit more to bring the intensity to your workouts mentally.

Otherwise, ephedrine + caffiene (the EC stack) is a common energy booster for cutting bodybuilders. It is quite effective, but can cause heart problems, among other things.

3. brandonaw

brandonaw Active Member

I have the exact same problem. In fact, Monday I'm getting my tonsillectomy. They get bigger and then a little smaller. It's always a mystery to how big my tonsils will be. Some days I wake up feeling OK others I don't get out of bed until 10 AM.

I've tried several things: lots of caffeine, creatine, multivitamins, a cleaner diet, a heavier diet.

Recently, I have been on a low carb diet that, after 3 weeks, is making me feel really good. I had noticed that after eating a lot of sugar it was like my tonsils hurt worse for some reason. I'm still a little draggy sometimes but I hope this surgery takes care of that.

I wish I could help you more. After my surgery, I'll let you know how it affects me.

4. Porter_

Porter_ Active Member

I think the best you can do (while avoiding stimulants) is about 45min-1hr before your work out eat a meal consisting of carbs+protein and take creatine. This gives me enough energy to last through my workouts, but i don't have issues with my tonsils either.

also try listing to music during your workout that gets you amped up. I know these sound like weak suggestions, but i'm sure you'll take all the help you can get.