1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

The million dollar Question Bulk or get lean

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by strides45, Apr 2, 2007.

1. strides45

strides45 Well-Known Member

Hi,

What is the maximum body fat percentage one should be at before going into a bulk? I would like to put on some quality muscle mass this year before I compete in another BB comp (May08) next year.

I'm 6'0 tall weigh 230lbs carrying 19.7% BF wanting to add more mass. Granted, it would be ideal to put the mass on at 10-12% BF. I competed last June in a BB show at 188lbs with 4.4-5% BF that's rather skinny in my opinion being 6 feet.

I don't care too much for the "spare tire" I'm carrying around my waist right know so I'm a little hesistant to want to pack on mass (and more fat) because it will be that much time and be more difficult to lose the fat during pre-contest cutting.

What do you guys think? Should I get down to 12% BF and then start the bulk??:bang

#1 strides45, Apr 2, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  2. HobbesAB

HobbesAB Well-Known Member

You already answered your own question. Personally, I would cut down to 12% and then bulk slowly and with as little fat gain as possible.

3. strides45

strides45 Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right. It should take me long to get down to 12% then I have the rest on the year to gain.