1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

The Less then 200lbs by age 21 challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by kidswole, Mar 7, 2007.

1. kidswole

kidswole Active Member

Today was session #16 with the trainer, I have 20 more to go. He recommended that I switch drinking my protein shakes with water instead of milk so I wont add any extra calories to my daily intake. Another recommendation that was made by my PT was that instead of the daily 1 hour session which is usually 30min free weights and 30min pool, well he wants to double it to 2 hour daily sessions at one hour a piece.

I told him that I wanted to be under 200lbs healthily by 5/26 which is when I turn 21 so it seems that we're going to step it up a notch and really get to work. I weighed in today at 205lbs after our 1 hour session ended.

2. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

The last time I did any measurements was two weeks ago. I do two different spreadsheets. One is more in depth than the other and it says that I've lost 7 lbs of fat in two weeks. The other one says 4 lbs of fat in two weeks. Maybe it's a measurement issue, but I'm going to go with the lower reading and say fat loss for the past two weeks is 4.1 lbs.

11.2 lbs of fat loss to date.

3. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

1 lb total since last update. I didn't bother with measurements, because it was only 1 lb.

4. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

No progress. I've been sitting at 223 for about as long as I can remember.

5. tennisball

tennisball Well-Known Member

How is your diet? Have you been sticking to it?

6. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

Not nearly well enough. I still eat healthy for the most part except when I go out to eat a couple of times per week, but I just got a new job and apartment so things have been going down hill pretty much diet wise lately. Hopefully I can figure out a way to balance work and home life and get back on track soon. I just graduated from college in December, just got a job about a month ago, and I'm not used to getting up at 5am and not getting home until 6pm. I just need to learn to manage time better I suppose.

7. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

My partner is this challenge is probably gone, but I'll still post here until I get to 200. I fell off the wagon for a while but now I'm back on track diet wise. I haven't been on the scale in about a month and I just ordered some calipers so I'm going to hold off until I can get a fat reading before I weigh myself. Then I'll know where I'm at and how far I need to go. Hopefully I can get to 200 by the time I turn 23, but 205-210 is probably a more realistic goal. As long as I lose about 2 lbs a week I'll be happy.