1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

The Journal of Mantis

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Mantis, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

The Journey of the Fat Mantis

Hi everyone!

You’ll have to forgive me if my journal isn’t as comprehensive or laid out as well as some others. I’m really not used to keeping a journal of anything, much less an online journal about something as personal as weight loss. I guess I should start by telling you guys a little about myself, eh? I'll try to keep this as structured as I can. Ok then, here goes!

*** Warning, this is LONG! I’m sure a lot of you will skip most of it. For those, my progress and goals are at the end. Although my life story is very fun to read :D ***

My Weight History
    Growing up I started out pretty healthy. I was as thin and fit as every other kid in elementary school up until about the 3rd grade. About the time I turned 9 or 10 I started packing on some weight. Not just a little weight either. I’m talking buying “Husky” pants and adult sized shirts. I believe when I was 11 years old I weighed about 135lbs, no idea how tall I was at the time. That was about my “fatness” peak as a child. From there I slowly started to grow into my weight. When I turned 14 my father hired a friend of his from work who used to teach Tae Kwon Do to help get me in shape. Every other weekday, for two hours, in the basement of my home we would stretch, kick, punch and spar. I really enjoyed it. He and I eventually became really good friends as I grew older. Growing up I was never really forced to eat my veggies. My parents are from the south and Mom is a great Southern Cook. Growing up this way really set my eating habits in stone. By the time I was 17 I had all but lost my fat physique and was starting to look rather thin. This I owed to the fact I was doing still doing TKD. I had great stamina and energy, but I was still eating like crap. I was thin, but had no muscle to speak of. Bones, fat, and skin pretty much summed me up. I always had that belly. I stopped TKD not long after my 18th birthday and about that time I started factory work. My poor eating habits continued but my job kept me moving around for enough hours in the day that I never gained or lost for the next few years. I met my wife when I was about 20 years old and about 167lbs. No longer working in a factory, I was working in the mall as an arcade manager. Let me tell ya, there’s a high energy job! Still thin as a rail, but this was all about to change. Fast forward 7 years into the future. I’m 27 years old and gaining weight fast. I’m 5’11 and weighing in 180lbs. not really bad, but keep in mind I have no muscle! New Years Day 2003 I have my last cigarette. Yay for me right?! Right! I put down the smokes and reached for the candy. The Zyban I had been on a month prior to quitting starts to have an ill effect on my body. I break out in these huge hives and rashes. I itch all over. So many large welts on my body I look like I had been beaten and lashed by a group of barbarian masochists. The doctor gives me a steroid called Prednisone to take for 2 weeks. I’m laid out on the couch and basically bed ridden for days while taking this. Let me tell ya, it really helped the hives but it blew me up! People tell me once you stop taking the prednisone the weight gain goes away. Hah! Not for Mantis! The puffiness in my face went away, and went away straight to my belly! Since that day I’ve been steadily picking up weight. My diet was simple. No breakfast, fast food or something fried for lunch, and a huge dinner, usually consisting of pasta or pizza. We went out to eat multiple times per week. Steak joints are my favorite with the yeast rolls and potato soup. After dinner I’d snack while playing video games, bar cheese and butter crackers were my favorite. Eating like that it doesn’t take long to stack on the weight.

Weight Loss Attempts
    I had tried a few times over the past couple years to lose weight. I bought various gym equipment and tried different fad diets. Treadmill, Bowflex, free weights, Atkin’s, South Beach, etc. I’d lose 5 or 6lbs here and there but it never lasted. I didn’t have the desire to stay motivated. I met a friend online who goes by the name Cheeze. He’s a generally good guy and has helped me to understand some of the basics of weight loss. He too was a big guy at one time. Taking his approach to dieting, which is basically a 20/40/40 plan I started to lose weight. I just never had the motivation to stick to the plan. The longest I made it was 3 weeks in and that’s with cheat meals every Saturday, sometimes the whole weekend. Exercise was a bad word to me. Walking to the fridge to get a pop or to the phone to order pizza was all the exercise I wanted to get.

Why I Decided To Get In Shape
    In May of this year I booked an Eastern Caribbean cruise with my wife and niece. I decided it would be nice to lose 10 or 15lbs by the time the cruise came along in late July. That way I could eat myself into a sugar coma onboard and not have gained any new weight in the end. So I started the diet I had done before that was the most successful for me. The ‘Cheeze’ Diet! I started my weight loss program weighing in at 216.8lbs. More than I had ever weighed in my life. 2 weeks into it I see myself in the mirror and I don’t like what I see. Of course I’ve seen myself in the mirror every time I took a shower or changed clothes, but this time was different. I really saw myself. I saw what kind of shape I was an in and was not pleased. I decided that after the cruise I would keep the diet going. If I could get down to 175 – 180lbs again I would be happy. I now have a goal! Great goal, until I saw a picture of myself last winter and thought “My God is that what I look like? That’s disgusting!” That was 5 weeks ago. Today I’m well on my way to being a new person!

The Last 365 Days, In A Nutshell
    Being a self employed painting contractor, sometimes you get slow spurts. Last summer was one of our busiest summers ever. Last winter was, unfortunately, one of out slowest winters ever. So for the cold Michigan winter months my daily activity consisted of waking up, heading to the computer room, loading WoW, staying there until bedtime and doing the same thing the next day. Not to over simplify, but that was my lifestyle up until about 5 weeks ago. There are days that I have to go in to work and spend many an hour doing physical labor to get a project done. I also have employees that I try to keep working as much as possible, and when we get slow I give them the work first to keep them as close to 40 hours as I can. Often times I end up delegating myself out of work and go home to work out of the “office”. Invoicing or playing video games is all the same to your body. You’re still sitting on your ass for hours on end. I can’t say the last year has been a complete waste. I do have a Level 60 Night Elf Priest, a 60 Human Warlock, a 60 Human Mage, a 60 Gnome Rogue, and a 60 Dwarf Priest to brag about. Who needs good health when you got 8/8 Transcendence baby!! (Inside WoW joke, sorry).

How I Found JSF
    About two weeks ago my niece and I were talking about our progress on weight loss for the cruise. A few minutes into the conversation she posts me a link to a website her boyfriend (Hi Mason) frequents about fitness. Not being a fan of bodybuilding or fitness sites I tell her “cool, ill check it out later” and dismiss it. Later that night around 10pm or so, I’m bored as hell and I see that I never closed the AIM window and that link is staring at me saying “click me! You know you want to! What else do you have to do?” So I do what any fat bored computer geek would do, I click the link to http://www.johnstonefitness.com! 4 hours later I go to sleep with so much new knowledge in my head about fitness. I wake up the next day with a new found motivation. In awe of John’s transformation, I skip work and “manage” from home reading everything I can from this guy’s site. Checking out the forums, “Wow! He has a following! Hey! Some are fat people like me!” Everyone here has a very enthusiastic and positive attitude toward everyone else. It’s very refreshing. These are the exact reasons I neglected other body building and fitness sites. There is so much misinformation and crap out there, that’s not motivational. JSF on the other hand, while a lot of you have different methods and programs to accomplish your goals, there are no flame wars or immature penis comparisons going on. Not on the public forums anyway! Just about everyone here shares many common interests. We all care about our health, we all either want to get and/or stay in shape, and we are all inspired by the willpower, determination, and results John Stone has shown during his amazing transformation.

---------------------------

My Goals
    First and foremost I want to be and feel healthy again. I don’t want to be a sloth tied to his computer chair playing video games from morning to night. I want what almost every fat person wants. I want to be fit and trim! I want to have muscles! I want to have the energy I had in high school, but this time I want to have the body to go with it! Before I found JSF I just wanted to cut some fat and be done with it. After being inspired by JSF my goal set has changed entirely.

First, I need to lose my blubber, afterwards I can focus on strength training and muscle building.
    My current goal is to get down to 175lbs. At that point I can re evaluate my body and decide if I need to cut some more or start building muscle.

My Program
    Eating
    I’m far from an expert so if anyone sees me doing something wrong, please tell me! I’m always open to input and suggestions. When I started this program I made the same mistake John made when he started his initial fat loss. I’m eating too little. I was taking in on average 1200 calories a day. Now, after seeing John’s meal plans, I realize that’s way too low. I’m fighting myself trying to get it higher to where it needs to be. Some days it’s really hard for me to get to the 1700 or so calories I want to be at. I know a lot of you will tell me that even 1700 is still too low, it’s hard getting past the mindset that less is better. I’m working on that too ;) I’ve been keeping a record of what I’ve been consuming everyday. I even formatted it similar to John’s. Thanks John! Since we started around the same weight, I’ve even been modeling some of the things I eat off of his diet. I figure if nothing else, it’s a good place to start until I find what works ideally for me. My diet boils down like this:

• Wake up: work out
    • After work out(HIIT): Whey shake w/ skim milk, 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter
    • 1 hour later: “Nutrition Bar” (still trying to find a good healthy one)
    • Lunch: lean meat sandwich on wheat if I’m on-site, else egg beaters and a meatless patty
    • 3 hours later: 15 Snyder’s of Hanover pretzels (Thanks John!)
    • 3 hours later: Dinner, lean meat, 2 veggies.
    • Snack: can of tuna or whey shake w/ water
    I’ll vary that here and there and sometimes throw in a healthy cereal, but that’s basically it. I need to increase my caloric intake for sure.

Workout
    Every day except Sunday I work out. I’ve started out 5 weeks ago with a light jog on the treadmill and every week I’ve been improving. Last week I started a treadmill program that’s similar to HIIT cardio. It’s 30 minutes long, first 5 minutes is mostly warm up, then 20 minutes of alternating running and light jogging, then 5 minutes to cool down. It’s been keeping my heart rate between 155 and 183. I also lift every 3 times a week. This is more of me trying not to lose what muscle I have, rather than a building program. I work out my biceps and triceps every time, since if I do grow anywhere I really need it there! I do 1 exercise for each major muscle group. Monday it’s my chest and shoulders, Wednesday I do back and abs, Friday I do legs.

I lift in the morning, just before my cardio. On days that I lift I usually throw ½ a banana in with my whey shake.

Progress
    I think I’m doing well! I’ve been keeping a very detailed log of my weight, my diet, and my exercises. When I have some real results to show I’ll post them for you guys along with pictures. Unfortunately I wasn’t wise enough to take a “before” shot until 3 weeks into it. Now I take a new front and profile pics, John Stone style, every Monday. I also only weigh myself once a week, on Mondays. Here’s my weigh-ins so far!

• Week 1: 217lbs
    • Week 2: 208lbs
    • Week 3: 206lbs
    • Week 4: 199lbs
    • Week 5: 197lbs

The wife came downstairs today and saw me and said “Wow! You’re skinny!” Talk about a motivating factor! I put on a size Large shirt today for the first time in years. I have so much motivation now, thanks largely in part to JSF, I’m going to be unstoppable. The last time I felt this motivated toward something, I quit smoking…

“Your last cigarette was 181wks 5days 21hrs 57mins 17secs ago. You would have smoked 38187 cigarettes (190.9 cartons) and spent $7637.40USD”

So John, you better keep lifting and watch out! Mantis is motivated, on your tail, and shedding pounds buddy! Hmmm MantisFitness.com I like the ring of that!! :lol:

#1 Mantis, Jun 27, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  2. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

Wow, that IS long! Even I dont want to read it! :lol: I expect a lot of you to skip or skim through it, that's ok. It was fun to write and reflect. Thanks for taking the time to even click! :)

I'll update this at least every week with my progress and any exercise or diet changes I've made. I don't think there is any way I can be as comprehensive as John, but I'll be as meticulous as possible for as long as I can!

If you did read all that, wow, thanks! What do you think? Can I do it?! As someone I recall reading about once said, "I wouldn't bet against me".

Mantis

3. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

I read it. :) I won't say "good luck", because doing what you've set out to do isn't about luck, it's about drive and will and hard work.

Sounds like you've got the right attitude, though. That "moment" where you realize you won't accept the body and self you've become anymore seems to have hit you, too. That's important. Lots of people say they want to lose weight, and on the surface they do. They just won't wake up to have that "moment" and figure out that whatever the latest fad in weight loss isn't the long term answer to their bad habits.

Now that you've had the "moment", you've just got to follow through on all that motivation you've got here to start with, and stay with it.

Some can just immediately jump right in and change everything at once to healthy, like flipping a switch. Some of us change slower, gradually getting workouts in order, diets in order, etc. Do whatever works for you. If big changes all at once are too much for you to accept, do smaller chunks first, get used to those, then do the next steps.

Good to have you posting.

4. mataniko

mataniko Active Member

Just wanted to say a good work, keep up Mantis! another 2 months and Unity won't even recognize you :) After you lose all the weight you'll start to want to bulk up abit so good luck for us both on that matter! And you should think about writing more stuff, but enough with the rants make something fictional :)

5. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

Thanks for the words of encouragement and advice Mannishboy and Matan! I think a lot of people fall short in their goals, in part, because of lack of encouragement. I'm glad I know where to go when I need to find some!

Mantis

6. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

I just got done with my Wednesday workout. I'm soaked! This was probably one of the best workouts I’ve had since I started my program at the end of May. Today was back/abs day and, as everyday, a run on the treadmill. I'm surprised I feel so good today. I really fell short of my required calories yesterday. I haven’t added them together but I’ll be lucky if they break 1,000 for the day. :( I will remedy that today for sure!

I'm thinking about picking up some Glutamine to take every day. Right now the only supplements I'm taking are my daily protein shake and a multivitamin. I'd really like some suggestions as to what all you guys think I should be supplementing, and how much to take, during my fat loss phase that I'm in right now.

On a side note, I've shown a handful of friends the JSF site since I started visiting it a couple weeks ago. Today I showed another friend, probably the 6th guy so far. His reaction was "Why does that guy's before pic looks nothing like the guy in the after pic? It's not the same guy". I laughed and told him it was and pointed him to the daily images. He came back to me about 15 minutes later with a response "It's fake. He's works with computers for a living. He photoshopped those images." I laughed him off, I'm sure if I would have pushed it he would have found more reasons to think John's results aren't real or natural, but I figured I couldn't win so I just left it alone. :bang: It just makes me think, that's the 6th guy I’ve shown the site. So do 1 in 6 people who visit here think the results are staged? I'd hate going through my email everyday! It's hard for me to deal with closed minded and ignorant people. On the other hand, I guess that would make me even more proud of my accomplishment. While it would upset me there will always be people who, for whatever reason, think I'm faking my results, at least I'd know I look "too good to be true" :tucool:

Good work John! You and others here motivate me to get off my soft ass every day!

7. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

Today was kind of a down day. I did my cardio and completed it just fine, but i didnt really enjoy it. It was one of those "is it over yet?" sessions. Looked at myself in the mirror and i still dont like what i see. I think the last 5 weeks of undereating is starting to do damage. I "look" weak. Then maybe that's just because that's how i feel today. Skinny arms, fat back, chest, and belly, skinny legs. Yuk! The weight isnt coming off as quickly anymore, I can tell that as well. Maybe two punds per week, which isnt bad, just not as exciting as the first and second weeks where change was so quick to happen. However, being the positive thinker that i try to be i'm going to flip this around and make this the motivation for me to eat more clean calories and keep pushing every day. I want that change!! Before i knew that i should be eating around 2000 calories a day, I was trying to eat as little as i could. Sometimes only 1000 calories. That habit is hard to break. Finding 2000 clean calories and actually eating them over 5-6 meals is hard for me. I foudn 1850 for today. yay me! Here's today's menu:

• 8:00am 31g ON's 100% Natural Whey w/ 8oz Fat Free Milk
    • 9:30am Kashi Granola Bar
    • 9:30am 8oz Orange Juice
    • 12:30pm 3/4 Cup Egg Beaters
    • 12:30pm 1 Meatless Breakfast Patty (Morningstar Farms)
    • 12:30pm 1/2 Cup Dry Oatmeal w/ 1 Cup Skim Milk (1 cup cooked)
    • 3:30pm 15 Mini Pretzels (Snyder's Of Hanover)
    • 3:30pm 1 Oz Dry Roasted Peanuts
    • 6:30pm 1/2lb Extra Lean Ground Beef (96/4)
    • 6:30pm 1 Slice American Cheese, 2% Milk
    • 6:30pm 1 Whole Wheat Bun
    • 6:30pm 1 Tbsp Catsup
    • 10:00pm 31g ON's 100% Natural Whey w/ Water

I'm not a big veggie fan, but I do try to eat green beans, carrots, and a few leafy things as often as i can. Salads are rough but im working on them as well. I need to find another 150 calories to add to that. Suggestions?

8. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

We just got back from Dunham's Sports! We picked up a fairly complete set of hex dumbbells for our new workout routines. Got pairs of 5lb - 50lb in 5lb increments. After getting some sound advice from other members of the JSF forums, reading more stickies, and then re reading more stickies, i've decided to change my diet up just a slight bit and redo my workout routine completely.

Starting tomorrow (monday 7/3/06) I'll be lifting 3 days and doing cardio 3 days. Instead of trying to do HIIT 6 days a week, which i worry was killing my muscle with my diet, i'll be doing fasted LISS for 45 minutes in the morning. My new routine will be this:

Monday
    Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Wednesday
    Back, Biceps
    Friday
    Legs, Abs

I'll be doing at least 2 exercises per muscle group, with between 3 and 4 sets each. I'm guessing each workout will take me about 45-60 minutes.
    So over all i've decided to focus more on lifting, less on the intense cardio and more on the LISS method.

Kicking out the OJ from my diet as well as the more sugary 'nutrition' bars. Adding a fruit to my diet on workout days as well. This month should be interesting!

Now I need to determine what's the best thing to have before and after a lifting workout, and how long to wait. Back to the forums i go!

Tomorrow is weigh in and picture day for me. I'll be on week #6! 1.5 months already. I'm kind of nervous as to what the image will look like. There wa a noticable difference between last weeks and this weeks. I'm hoping to see the same tomorrow. Wish me well!

See ya! :D

9. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

195.2lbs today!!

At least I think. I hate scales. I stepped on it this morning and it said 193.0lbs and I thought "Wtf? no way." Stepped off and back on and it said 196.6. Uhhh.... stepped off and back on 195.0. So I stepped off and went pee, brushed my teeth, and had breakfast. Then I checked the blasted thing again! 195.2. tried three times immediately after. 195.2 is close enough! :lol:

Today's workout was a killer. I'm not used to working the same muscle groups more than once in a routine. I cant feel my triceps anymore! I dont know where they went, but they are not on my arm anymore. I think i left them back in the weight room.

I'm not so happy with my picture today. Doesnt seem like i changed much, if at all, this past week. My wife insists she can see improvements and pointed them out, i dont see them. That's okay though. This new routine should kick my body in it's ass and more change will come this week!

Mantis

10. mason

mason Well-Known Member

Hey Mantis,

I read your introductory post and it really seems like you're on the right track. When Julie told me about your progress and your workout/diet program, it motivated me to resume my own program and continue running, working out, and eating clean again.

I definitely can relate to that. Once you start an exercise regimen of your own and start seeing improvements, that word takes on an entirely different meaning.

You should check out the nutrition bars Kashi makes. They're high in fiber and help tide you over until your next meal. I'm not sure if you like breakfast cereal but Kashi also makes some really good cereals as well. I prefer the Go-Lean Crunch because it tastes better but the original has better nutrition facts. If you decide to try it out you can get a free coupon online for like 10% off or more (I don't remember exactly.)

It most definitely is. One thing I know that helped me heed the 5-6 meals a day suggestion was that when you deprive your body of calories, you trick it into thinking you're starving more or less and thus is becomes more efficient at storing fat and buring calories slower. Your body puts more priority on fat than it does on muscle meaning it will gladly relieve you of your lean body mass before it will of your fat. I wish it were the other way around!

Anyway, it's awesome that you've decided to join JSF forums. There's a wealth of info and help to be discovered here. I know it's been an amazing resource for me and I'm sure it will be for you as well. Have fun on the cruise. Now you can grub without feeling too guilty because of all the hard work you've put in.

:gl:

-Mason

11. mason

mason Well-Known Member

Ah, I see you're already eating the Kashi bar. I hadn't read that far down.

By the way, which scale are you using?

12. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

A Thinner bodyfat scale. Here's a link. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=13002274

We picked up some Kashi Go Lean cereal a couple weeks back. In the beginning I was having it quite frequently, now we're starting to phase it out of our diet. I dont think we're going to eliminate it, but maybe cut it back to once a week, at most twice a week. It's good as far as cereals go, but it's still cereal.

HAHA that's backwards logic man! Now while im on the cruise eating my pizza and binging on the 'All you can eat midnight chocolate buffet' I'll be thinking "Wow, there went all that hard work I spend so much time on!"

I get your drift tho bro, thanks for the kind words. You're back home now ya? Time for you to get hoppin on your fitness plan again then. Good luck with yours!:tu:

Mantis

13. Black-Dawn

Black-Dawn Well-Known Member

Hello mantis, I've just finished reading/skimming through your journal.

congrets on joining the road to fitness with the
    rest of us, and good luck in your journey.

This Thinner scale you use is the same one
    which gave you inconsistent results 3 times in a row?
    if it is maybe its time to get an accurate one :)

Shahar.

14. mason

mason Well-Known Member

LOL yea, I suppose it is. Is it one of your goals to maintain your new diet, even while you're on the cruise? I know when I was on a stringent diet and I went to visit Julie in Chicago, I never did a real good job maintaining it. I always tried to counter whatever damage I did eating out by doing a lot of walking and drinking a lot of water.

That scale doesn't measure body fat, does it? I think the general consensus about scales that take a BF% measurement is that they aren't very accurate anyway. Are you using a BF% calculator online or did you purchase calipers?

15. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

Nope! While I'm on vacation I'm going to eat whatever I want. They have a 24 hour chocolate buffet Mason. 24 HOURS OF CHOCOLATE! :eat:

In reality, we're going to enjoy ourselves while we're there. I wont be eating from the pizzaria for every meal and we will be using their fitness gym very often, but I also don't plan on passing up on anything that looks tasty either.

No calipers, probably wont buy them. The scale has a bodyfat readout. You program your height and age and it sends "an electronic pulse..." yadda yadda to read your bodyfat. I hear that while you are right, they are fairly inaccurate, they do okay until you start to get moderately low in body fat percentage. While you're still up there, like I am, they aren't too bad.

16. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

It's Friday! My arms are sore as hell from Wednesday's bicep workout. I have never pushed them so hard in my life. I think it's going to be effective. :tu: I weighed myself mid week (bad Mantis) and the lying pos scale said 197.0lbs. So either I gained 2lbs of muscle in 5 days, 2lbs of fat in 5 days, or my scale sucks. Regardless, I'm concerned I'm not going to reach my goal by vacation time. For those who don't know, my goal is to be below 190lbs by July 21. I think I still have a chance to make it, so I've tweaked my diet again slightly. I removed the cereal and granola bars. I replaced the morning shake with a meal, I just have to get up earlier. And I added 2 more days of cardio onto the board. So as of today I'm doing;

M-F: Treadmill (mornings)
    Mon: Triceps, Shoulders, Chest
    Wed: Biceps, Back
    Fri: Abs, Legs

I will be 190lbs by vacation time! (of course I know this means I'll be 200lbs when I return :lol:)

17. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

Well my biceps just today stopped aching. that's a 5 day ache baby! I cant believe how hard i worked them last week. good stuff!

My weigh in today was 194.4lbs and 26.1% bf. I checked 5 times, the scale isnt fluctuating today thankfully. It's not the 193 i was shooting for but it's a loss none the less so ill take it! Im so sedentary on days that i dont work, im thinking 2000 calories a day for me is bit too much. I'm going to cut it back again to what it was a couple weeks ago, 1800ish and see how that does for me this week.

Just finished my cardio for the day nice 30 minutes bouncing between 135 and 175bpm. I'm full of piss and vinegar and ready to start the day buddies!!

.... but first, a nap :sleep:

18. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

Oh today was a good friday!

One more week until our vacation and the start of my "cheat week". We went out to pick up a few more items for the trip at the mall today. We stopped at the Gap and i squeezed my fat ass into a pair of 34s! I havent worn 34s in 2 years! Coming down from a snug 36, Im happy!! :D They fit quite well too, very comfortable fit.

Today is my last leg workout before the trip so I'm going to really try and give it that something extra. I'm also thinking about redoing my wife's workout routine. She's getting too tiny. She looks really low on bodyfat from the waist up. I think I'll have her start focusing more on toning and less on 'fat loss' for the next week.

Next weigh in is monday morning. I'm shooting for 192.0! Here's hoping!

...wait a minute, does the Gap do that upsizing shit on guys clothes too? Omg! D'oh!! :doh: :lol:

19. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

Today is weigh-in Monday! I hit my weekly goal of 192.8LBS!! Feels great to hit a goal, even if it is as small as a 1 week goal.

This isnt going to be a full week for me. This phase of my fat loss ends Friday. After my vacation I think im going to start PHASE II, which will most likely be Swolegenix.

Think it's time I post pics?

20. Mantis

Mantis Active Member

Phase I is OVER! Whoo!

I blew my original goal of a 20lb loss by July 21 out the window! I wasnt able to reach my revised goal of 27lbs, which would have put me at 189.8, but I did reach my weekly goal of 192.0 exactly. I'm a happy Mantis today. I'll get my final "Phase I" pics posted in the media gallery as soon as I can. I'll try to squeeze it in today yet.

I'm leaving for my vacation in 14 hours. Wow I can't believe it's here already. I wonder how much weight I'll gain back? ;) Free pizza 24/7 on board... I can't pass on that ALL the time I'm there.

When I come back I'll be starting SGX. I'm excited about that as well. Here's to me! ME!!!

--------------
    Phase I: Complete.
    Beginning Weight: 216.8
    Ending Weight: 192.0