1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

The Greenman's Transformation pictures

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by The Greenman, Jun 18, 2006.

1. The Greenman

The Greenman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Well, finally I reached a point where I think I can post my progress pictures.

I've been dieting since the end of November 2005 with a starting weight of 132 kg. The left picture was taken on december 2005 when my weight was ~129 kg. The picture on the right was taken today (18.06.06) with my weight being about 104 kg.
    I didn't do much weight training in the past period, nor did I watch my diet very carefully. I simply avoided all the junk food, didn't overeat and did fasted cardio.

2. Jokat

Jokat Well-Known Member

3. Gila Monster

Gila Monster Well-Known Member

Green!!!
    You look amazing!!! Really inspiring! You certainly look like you're on the right track!
    You gotta do something about your hair though :evil:

Cheers!

4. Black-Dawn

Black-Dawn Well-Known Member

Great job! :tu:

Now its time to start pumping some iron :)

How tall are you? 1.90cm+?

Shahar.

5. escher

escher Well-Known Member

Sure we are looking at the same person? ;) Seriously, you have done an amazing job, and have changed yourself already enough that people probably arent recognizing you. Your hard work has paid off. I would recommend picking up weight training. Adding muscle on will also help your metabolism increase, as that great muscle will need energy. win win situation! :tu: keep up the great work.

6. The Greenman

^^ Thanks guys

Thanks for the warming replies.
    Your words fill me up with motivation.

Preach, You are now at my current goal, which is 90 - 85kg. Great job! Amazing transformation....what can I say, keep on the good work, and we'll meet at the finish line :D

Escher, Its true, even some of my neighbors don't recognize me anymore and I must admit, It feels good ^^.

Black-Dawn, About my highet. I'm 189cm tall (with my current hair do - 191cm :p - had to say it for you, Gila)

I know i should start Weight lifting, though im having troubles finding the right exercises to preform in the GYM near my home. Since it doesn't have any guides, I'm afried to damage my body, instead of making it healthier. I'll have to find the solution for that one soon i guess.

Since its summer, im taking my cardio off the road and into the pool. that sure does wonders to me.

7. Gila Monster

8. The Greenman

well....Here are some more pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Not Sucking my stomach in! which is quite impressive - IMHO ^^.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tell me what you think guys!

#8 The Greenman, Jun 20, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  9. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

There's no way I would have recognized you.

I think your hair looks very cute curly.

Lift, lift, lift. You have tremendous potential. You already have a great V taper (big chest and shoulders in relation to waist), just imagine how fantastic that will look when the muscles start showing through.

What kind of equipment is available at your gym? I started out with a full body circuit training routine with high reps and low weights. I found it was a good was to get used to lifting without being too painful and with smaller risk of injury. Start a new thread and list the equipment you have and what exercises you're thinking of doing, and I'm sure someone will jump in with some advice.

10. Gila Monster

Green, you look incredible! You've made an amazing change!!! And I was only kidding about the hair - you're really handsome!
    Like Guava said - you should start lifting weights! You have a great potential, all you need is a little hard work in the gym.
    I think it's a good idea that you post pictures/descriptions of your available equipment and start gathering information on strength training! GJ!!!

11. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

You look way better....nice job..

You should really start lifting though. What kind of equipment is there in the gym you go to?

12. The Greenman

Hmmmm...I'm starting to think you guys are trying to tell me something......:confused:

I'll go take pictures of the Gym and post them. Thanks for the replys ^^.

GL to us all! :gl:

13. Abigail Tow

Abigail Tow Active Member

thats no nonsense progress! great work!

14. The Greenman

New pose

Its been a long time since i last took a picture of my progress (since yesterday :D ). its just so fun to finally look at myself and see something that i actually like! :spaz:

How about my new Pose? :D - 104kg (-1kg since last week).
    [​IMG]

For those who wonder - Yeah I'm flexing hard. :D

Btw, I got a good tip from a close friend and removed most of my body hair. Its abit hard to get used to it although I would really like to recommend it. It takes nothing but a good shaving razor, some soap and 10 minutes to spare. The result is so fun to look at! - and is nicely smooth :p. Guys, don't be shy. Everyone should try, if you don't like it, the hair grows back in one - two weeks anyway. worth trying :D

besides that. I have a question i wanna ask about my W\o. So far I have been told that the best w\o routine is to work each part of the body seperatly - 3 to 5 days a week. I want to ask, Can I base my W\o on 3 - 5 days a week - full body w\o? That means, to work my whole body, every second night. is it possible, and If so, how would it affect my Diet and how should i plan the W\o?

Thanks in advance
    - Greenie

#14 The Greenman, Jul 4, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  15. Gila Monster

Jezus man, you look solid! :eek:
    I assume you're flexing on that pic?

16. loveswatching

loveswatching Well-Known Member

Those are 2 different people. Great job on the cut there is no way i would have believed you were the same person.

17. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

Making great progress!

On your question, sure, you can do full body/total body workouts. That's what I do, generally 3x a week. I'd recommend starting out that way you train hard, but not quite to failure.

What type of equipment do you have available? I'm sure if you post in the weight training forum you'll get a lot of good and varied answers to choose from :) I personally started out using Total Body Training from Chad Waterbury as my starting point. Had to learn a lot of new exercises and how stuff worked together, and I enjoyed it. Lots of people want more structure to what exercises to do every day, and there are programs all over the place to get you started in the right direction.

Just pick a direction, whether it be TBT like I did, MAX-OT, etc. Follow it for a month or so and see how it goes, evaluate, adapt.

18. Gila Monster

That's a good advice! It's very important to know how to build your own w/o regeme and generally to get an idea of how it all works! :tu:

19. The Greenman

Thanks

Thanks!

I'll do that.

This was my 2nd week of Working out in the gym, I must say, its more fun then I assumed it will be. Just standing infront of the mirror while lifting some heavy weight....Nothing like it :bb:

I think I'll try the full body w/o on August. for now, I'm getting my body used to lifting. I should post some pictures, I'm not sure its showing but I feel alot more "Solid" then I was a week ago (the last picture i posted). Thanks for the replys and awsome tips.

20. The Greenman

Another Question

Hey gang!
    I have another Question that i would like to ask.

I'm on this diet for 8 monthes and I did lose lots of fat. Though on the last few days i noticed something that with its cause I'm not familiar.
    I noticed that the left side of my body is more detailed then the right. My assumption is that I lost more BF% on my left then on my right. Although the diffrance is more noticable on my arms, It can be seen on the detail level of my ribs and shoulders. There is even a vain showing clearly across my left arm... and almost unseen on my right one. I myslef am a Right handed, so it really amazes me that my left arm is doing better then my strong right.

Does anyone know what can cause such a diffrance?

Here's a picture that show my "Situation". Notice the size of my arms.
    [​IMG]

If more picture are needed, I'll be glad to supply them.
    btw, can anyone give me a BF% assumption?
    The home BF test shows 21%, though i doubt its true. :confused:

Besides that, I had a really awsome W\o yesterday. Squeezed my rusty Arm muscles to the max. did some test lifts and raised the weight to the max of my capability. It was awsome going like 7...8...9...t....te......10! So hard and yet feels so good! Now I know what DOMS means :D, the pain is amazingly wonderful... so wonderful that I just can't get enough of that, and today I plan on doing some Leg W\o. Hope I'll be able to type in the results tomorrow when my whole body aches like crazy :).

As I was told before: "No Pain, No Gain"!

#20 The Greenman, Jul 10, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2006