1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

The Game is On...

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Nucleo, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Nucleo

Nucleo Active Member

Hello everyone.

My Starting Stats :

height : 5'11
    weight : 127.7kgs
    waist : 40'

Large build - often masking actual weight with a large frame - will contribute with a picture shortly.

Now, I work in IT, and sat down most of the time and me and a colleague came up with a plan to loose weight, we were the 2 overweight people on the team and undertook a challenge. Essentially the challenge is to loose as much weight as possible, in turn, any 'negative' acts will add points to our own total score. At the end of the period (to be decided) the % loss + points will give a score. Each week we are putting money into a pot and the winner takes.

The scoring system is against my colleagues smoking, my cookie eating and general bad habits with eating during work hours.

This is all for a bit of fun but has forced the two of us into action. I have a gym membership and a good routine, clocking 2 weeks consistency and feeling good.

My current routine is :
    Gym 4 nights a week. Alternating between
    Bi's/Tri's
    Legs/Shoulders
    Chest /Back

In each session, I attempt to do the weights and finish the session with cardio (getting up to 30 mins constant pace, moving to HIT when capable), be it the cross trainer/bike/treadmill.

I like the feel of the Bi/tri, leg/shoulders, chest/back mix - but I am going to be mixing it up when im more confortable. Moving into chest/tri, sqauts and more varied exercises.

Diet:
    each day starts with a wheat cerial bar and fruit
    lunch consists of tuna + salad + a dash of salad cream and a few chilli nuts (to cure my sweet tooth)
    evening meal : so far has been terrible, but moving to lean meat and veg (at end of month as meat is fairly expensive)

Snacks consist of fruit + boiled eggs when feeling peckish.
    All drink is water. - no more tea (was never a drinker of soda anyway)

Suppliments
    - Thermo Extremes
    caffiene, green tea etc - motabiliser + heats core.
    - MultiVitamins
    just to be sure my diet changes arent removing anything while im experimenting

-----

Nothing in my routine at the moment is perfect. But this is all a move from standard rubbish food - bread, pizza, jacket potatoe + lots of cheese, chocolates, biscuits etc etc. and excessive eating of all kinds. typically wasnt caring what goes in.

Im married, have 2 kids and now is the time to get fitter. Hopefully this journal will keep me coming back - baby steps for now but anything anyone suggests willl be good.

As of this post, 2 weeks of gym and weight is down to 126.3 - but only really sorted the diet recently. I'll keep this stuff updated!

thanks all.

2. Bradley326

Bradley326 Active Member

I don't think there is any such thing as "perfect" when talking about diet and exercise, but it sounds like you've already made an enormous amount of positive changes to your lifestyle.

It's great that you've managed to be consistent for 2 weeks already. Keep it up and you WILL see great results! If you're consistent over the long term then you don't have to worry about your diet and exercise being "perfect"; occasional slip ups, sleeping-in, and indulgences won't matter if 80% of your lifestyle is healthy and active.

I look forward to seeing your progress!

3. Nucleo

Nucleo Active Member

I have started tracking progress here :
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap8GCT5VpmyYdFBreElva3hQdzR6QjVTV1lBR1N1UlE&usp=sharing

I estimated the target from the current loss statistics, but once my evening meals are sorted I am hoping to see some better gains!

Got to the gym this morning to do legs + shoulders. Unfortunatley I can stack the leg machines as my legs are huge already (from lugging around 120kgs daily) but I have done a good workout on my shoulders.

During the time, saw the bootcamp trainer with his class.. with the grand total of 1 person in it (new gym) and am going to pop along to a session a week.

Went this morning but intend on going this evening for a cardio session.

going to aim for a 10/10/10, 1 min intervals on bike, crosstrainer and treadmill for 10 mins.

should be fun! ... this meal im currently eating is tuna + salad with an oat bar to top it off. Purely drinking water now, no tea/soda at all.

this evening will be a terrible meal, I get paid at the end of the week so it can get better! lean meats and veg are getting stocked up.

Thanks for listening to the rabble. Need to get a pic up tonight.

thanks

4. Nucleo

Nucleo Active Member

in addition to this, how many grams of protein should I be expecting to consume during the day, to retain the cut but not loose mass?

thanks

5. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Rule of thumb, 1 gram of protein per pound of weight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

6. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

You could also go for 1 pound of protein for every pound of lean body mass, or your weight that isn't fat. It's Monday so I don't want to figure out what you weigh in pounds but if you are fairly overweight the one pound per body pound might be too much. In general, 150-200g of protein is usually a good goal to drive for. Good luck man.

7. Nucleo

Nucleo Active Member

150-200g of protien is quiet an amount. Am going to need to invest in some powder to help with that. Natural consumption Ill manage around 100g/day with tuna/lean meat. throw in a couple of shakes a day and that'll go up.

Didnt go yesterday as I forgot my shorts - but interesting to see the weight plataeu with a single missed gym session after the daily progress. Cant wait until evening meals are super clean, its going to be a massive downhill run from then.

8. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

I'd agree with Who. A gram of protein for each pound of lean mass sounds right.

9. Nucleo

Nucleo Active Member

Nucleo

Quick update this morning,
    weiged in at 118.5kg this morning!

good times.

10. Nucleo

Nucleo Active Member

hey all,
    its been a while since posting here!

my 118.5 weigh in wasn't correct at all and found out my scales have been broken for a long time!

Ultimately I was at 124kg at christmas, and at the moment I am at 118.5kg's.

My deadlift is at 150kg (8 reps) and 180kg (1RM)
    my bench is 75kg and squat is at 85kg.

all good progress and I've been following keto since christmas, so its nice steady progress!