1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

The Eye of The Tiger!

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by OrangeTiger, Feb 17, 2007.

1. OrangeTiger

OrangeTiger Active Member

Hi all!

I'm doing my first real cut,I've been very large since i'm was a kid and i'm just tired of it. I just finished my first week of the cut actually, And i figured i'd post up my stats for so far :D

Start (2-10)
    Body Weight (lbs) 245 Body Fat Percentage 26.10% LBs of Bodyfat 63.94 Lean Body Mass 181.06 Measurements (unflexed) [Inches]
    Waist 43 Hip 46 Wrist 7 Chest 47 Measurements (Flexed) [Inches]
    Bicep 15 Forearm 12 Quad 22.5 Calf 17.5
    Week 1
    Body Weight (lbs) 241 Body Fat Percentage 24.08% LBs of Bodyfat 58.043 Lean Body Mass 182.957 Measurements (unflexed) [Inches]
    Waist 41.5 Hip 44.5 Wrist 7 Chest 46 Measurements (Flexed) [Inches]
    Bicep 15 Forearm 11.5 Quad 23 Calf 17

HOORAY! down 2% body fat!

2. bballer143

bballer143 Well-Known Member

Hi OrangeTiger!! [​IMG]
    Welcome!!
    It's great that your starting a journal! Good luck on your cut!! From the looks of the results from the first week on your cut, your already kicking butt! :tucool:

3. OrangeTiger

An Update

Okay, I'm gonna make a very very long story very very short. I had a medical problem, had surgery, and am pretty much back where I started two months ago. I'll be making my first stats post sometime this weekend, but until then....

*Picks himself up, brushes himself off*

Lets try this again.

4. jchantelau

jchantelau Well-Known Member

Hey Orange Tiger! Your right down the road from me! Good luck and welcome back.:tu:

I hope everything is ok. I'll be following your progress.

5. OrangeTiger

I am frustrated.

I have been cutting for six weeks straight and am not seeing any knowticeable scale differences. Yes I am leaner. Yes I have lost fat. I can see the differences in the mirror. But damnit, This scale has too drop!!!!!

I will lose this fat.

Even If i have to beat it out of me.

6. TheThirdMohican

TheThirdMohican Active Member

Life is full of ups and downs and surgery is always a huge downer; I hope you are doing alright physically. It is very admirable that you have continued working towards your goal.

Have you considered doing a BF% test? You may be replacing fat mass with lean mass.

-Josh

7. JVib

JVib Active Member

OT,
    It is great that you are loosing fat without losing weight. That means you are gaining lean mass. That is a very good thing.

8. OrangeTiger

"I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs — Victory in spite of all terror — Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival." - Winston Churchill

I'm doing the Anabolic Diet starting 12/14/07. The time from now until then will be used for exams and prep work for the diet.

I've failed three times before when I tried to lose a signifigant amount of bodyfat. These failures are chronicled on JSF.

1, 2, 3.

No more.

Pictures and Stats will be taken on the 14th and every consequtive Friday following. More information will be forthcoming on the exact details of the AD including: Macros, Meal Breakdown and allowable indulgences.

Fat Loss will be my #1 Priority. Not College. Not friends. Not work.

I will do whatever is necessary to suceed.

Victory Or Death
    -OT

9. Lo0p

Lo0p Active Member

Great to see you back OT!

I see you struggling and I hear your determination, and thats awesome! :nod:

I found that when I tried to put together a plan for myself, I made positive changes but was never sure that I was doing the right things. This inevitably would lead to some second guessing, missteps and eventually failure.

If you want the fastest possible healthy fatloss and a no-anxiety foolproof method, try SGX.

It takes the free radicals out of the equation, all thats left is YOU, your GOAL and the STEPS to get there.

I am by no means saying that you cannot put together an awesome plan by yourself with the incredible amount of knowledge that is available on JSF here. In fact I would encourage you to keep on reading. but you sound determined and frustrated, the former is necessary, the latter will lead to failure.

This really is the fast track : www.gotswole.com

10. OrangeTiger

Thanks Loop!
    I've actually been looking into Swole's service for a while now, and thinking about it (although I've never contacted him). I'd like to do it, but it's hard scrounging the money right now. Pretty much everything I make goes into food or rent or books for class. I'm still thinking about it though, and I'd like to try his service if he's willing eventually. I've got a birthday coming up, what a great gift that would be from the fam.:D

Update to Journal:

I really should start posting more. I'm so terrible at starting something and working on it and failing to communicate. Maybe my journal should have had a commitment to post more regularly(haha).

Anyway. I'm down 10 lbs since last month [225 right now]. I feel good, strong would be a good word. I know what i'm doing now and how to cut and i've got the backbone to stick to my diet, so no worries there. I also have loose skin around my belly.:mad: Don't get me started.

I tried the AD, didn't like it. It gave me really terrible headaches, so I might come back to it again one day, but not right now.

I'm eating extremely low carb right now. The only carbs that I have are my milk/oatmeal in the morning and my blueberries or apples at lunch. (Besides roughage of course). Peanut butter, chicken and tuberware are my best friends. I also made a few friends who are former competitive strength trainers, they're helping me with my squat form.

I'm back on the Upper/Lower Split. I really like it, I don't know why, it seems to keep me permanently sore, which I take to be a good thing (irrationally).

It looks something like this:

Upper:
    BB Bench
    BB Bent over Row
    BB Deadlift
    Lat Pulldown (chin-up grip)
    Standing Db Presses

Lower:
    BB Squat
    Stiff legged deadlift
    Hamstring Curl
    Leg Extension (Ham curl and Leg ext are superseted)

I follow up each training sessions with 45 mins of cardio, but I need to switch types soon, my body has adapted pretty well to the bike. Rowing machine or Elliptical are next, haven't decided which one yet.

What else? I'm still terrible with women. I had the whole "friend syndrome" with this girl I know. It ended terribly. Sometimes I think the only reason i'm even working out is to validate myself with women. "Look at me! I'm going to be good looking, you should talk to me" sort of thing. It's disgusting. It's lead me to question alot of things in my life recently, and also into bouts of extreme depression and loneliness. :rolleyes:

I don't see the fascination with alcohol either. It seems like all my friends are drunks or might as well be. Whatever.

I've been thinking about joining a branch of service after I get out of college. I just worry about putting more of a burden on my family.

Uh yeah. I think that about sums up my life right now. I'll try to update more, I promise. :nod:

11. OrangeTiger

Today's workout:

Uppers! - 8 PM. + 45 Minutes Elliptical PW
    -Barbell Bench - 160#'s 4X6
    -Barbell Row - 105#'s 3X12
    -Deadlift - 275#'s 4X6
    -Lat Pulldown 135 #'s Chin up Grip 3X12
    -1 arm DB shoulder press 35's 3X12
    -Played around with hang cleans on a unloaded barbell trying to learn the movement.

Meals: (already eaten)
    Oats+Eggs+Blueberries+Coffee 9am.
    Chicken+PB+Brocolli+Asparagus -11:30 AM
    Chicken+PB+Brocolli-2:30 PM
    (Still to come)
    Chicken + Spinach + Apple + 2 tbsp Oil/Vinegar dressing. 5 PM
    3 slices Bottom Rnd Potroast (approx .5 lb) -7:30 PM :drool:
    Nitrean - 10PM.

Notesies-
    So much work to do this week, but it's so funny that everytime when I make fitness a priority in life i don't get quite so stressed out as I do when I'm just being a lazy slob. :o

12. OrangeTiger

I have the flu!!!

I don't really know what to make of this. I felt like I had a small head cold (fever, sore throat, generally lethargic) so I went to the university health center and apparently I have the flu. :mad:

What good are flu shots if they don't work?!?

So I only did some light jogging last night, I want to get well quickly so I can lift again.

PS. I am giving up milk and alcohol for lent. :D

13. Doubleoqueso

Doubleoqueso Active Member

Man... Seems like there is a flu going around everywhere. Bummer. Get well soon!

14. OrangeTiger

Thanks man, I'm hitting some special recipes of things to turn my body into a virus ass-kicking machine. My oats, for instance:

Eye o' The Tiger Oats:
    1/2 Cup Quaker instant Oats
    1 Cup milk
    1 Granny Smith Apple, Diced
    4 Oz Blueberries
    Cinnamon

Combine oats and half milk and microwave for 1:30. Then Add remaining milk,apple and blueberries. Stir and top with cinnamon. Drink with Green Tea.

It's funny, sometimes I forget how complicated things can become in school. We are working on a simple structural analysis problem that uses technique learned a year ago and I can't for the life of me remember them. It's like some gigantic mind $#%^!

Stupid springs, they make everything way more complicated than it needs to be. :nope:

15. Doubleoqueso

Doubleoqueso Active Member

One can never have too many veggies :D

16. OrangeTiger

Heh, I actually managed to work in one of of the famous Broccoli Shakes today. :drool: I don't quite make it the same way Andy does and I can really taste the broccoli, but I suppose that isn't a bad thing.

Temp: 100.7 F

This illness is sticking around and the only thing that makes it tolerable is the fact that Food Network has run 3 Alton Brown programs in a row.

I truly enjoy the show "Good Eats". I think it's so neat to learn about not only how to make a dish but the science behind how it's cooked and how it "works".

I badly need to buy a food scale though. Measuring out all the portions and guestimating the meat based on total weight and number of servings I made is notably subpar.

17. OrangeTiger

98.6 F

The fever's gone but the soreness in the throat is sticking around and I seem to be losing my ability to communicate clearly(my voice is going).

I think i'm going to drop out of my carb zone now. I've been taking in lots of extra carbs to try and facilitate knocking this cold out. (Oats, tons o' Brocolli and Spinach, and a couple starchy carbs like banana's, bread and potatoes) I feel like my body has recovered enough to resume my high fat diet. :nod: So that's what I'll be doing as of today. All in all I was sidelined for approximately 7 Days, So I don't think I've had any major setbacks, but we'll see tomorrow (I'm going to reweigh myself and check measurements) I'll weigh in the next three days to see how much of that was water and how much of it was gained fat. :cry:

Good News: I got paid today :D. And I think i'll be well enough to come back to the gym tomorrow. :claphigh:

Bad News: I'm such a terrible ass when i'm sick. I completely focus on myself at the expense of others. I really need to work on that.

18. OrangeTiger

So I think i've got this sick thing beaten. :D

I'm resuming my workouts this Wed. So that's exciting. All told, i've missed 8 days. A signifigant impairment, but we'll see, I've been cheating a little bit I must admit, sneaking onto the scale to check my weight. It doesn't look like it's going to be so bad. :tu:

I'm changing a few things with my training too, just for kicks:
    Upper day now looks like:
    1) Deadlift
    2) BB Rows
    3) Military Press
    4) Chins
    5) DB Bench Press
    5) Hang Cleans (I'm learning these still, so very light weight slow sets)
    + Two ISO arm movements, 1 Bicep, 1 Tricep not sure which yet, thinking drag curls and tricep kickbacks

Lowers are now:
    1) BB Back Squat
    2) SLDL
    3) DB Lunge
    4) Leg Curl
    5) Leg Ext.
    6) GHR - (Never tried these before)

Cardio also has changed from 30 mins on the bike to 45 mins of LISS Post workout on the Treadmill at an incline.

I'm throwing in Interval work on Wed as well. 22 Mins on the Bike baby. 5 Warm, 7 @ 30/90 6 @ 60/90 6@ 90/90. This is another new one for me so i'll let you know how it goes.

Lent is Wed. So no more Alcohol or Milk. The Alcohol isn't a problem, I don't really drink much anyway, but I shall miss the milk severly. It made my morning oats and coffee so much more enjoyable. :cry:

I had a senior freak out moment today about my life after college. "Is it really 60+ Years of slaving away to make other people money? Is that all there is?" This is annoying for two reasons. 1) I'm not a senior, and 2) I'm fairly certain it isn't.

That about wraps it up.

19. OrangeTiger

Hah.

I try to update more often. I fail.

\
    Weight = 225 lbs
    \

#19 OrangeTiger, Feb 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  20. OrangeTiger

I r teh suck at journals.

Haha :p.

Workout today:
    Assisted Chins 12-70 lbs 12-55 lbs 7-40 lbs
    BB Bench 5X5 @ 165 lbs
    BB Row 5X5 @ 105 lbs
    BB Deadlift 5x5@ 255 lbs [NEW PR]
    BB Military Press 5x5 @ 95 lbs

Notes: I also cleaned the bar 5 times on the military press, but whose counting :p. 30 minutes post workout Miss/HIIT mix.

I've significantly changed my meal plan since my last posting, I'll get around to updating it pretty soon hopefully.

Guys, I'm really gonna try to update this thing regularly this time. I promise.