1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

The Drinking Challange.

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by Josh601, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Josh601

Josh601 Active Member

I know for me, one of my biggest challenges when partaking in my daily exorcises is drinking enough water. I should be drinking just over a gallon a day, and realistically I'm not at the moment.

Heres my challenge... really easy. Every time you read or hear someone mention drinking take a slug of water. Keep a water bottle on you, and every time it comes to mind take a drink.

Easy huh?

2. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

I would like to join your challenge!:D

How long are you doing this? Indefinitely? Reporting the amount you drink each day?

3. gecatec951

gecatec951 Active Member

well that might not be such a good idea because u can really only drink so much water at a time this is what i do when remember . I buy a gallon of water and on my three breaks at work i drink as much as i can until it is gone. The first time i did it it took me 8 hours to finish the 1st gallon. by the 3rd day i was able to finish within four hours but still felt like i had to tough out the last few drinks. But keep in mind i'm 6'1 and 225 pounds and should be drinking about 1 1/2 gallons a day so dont over do it. and be prepared to go to the bathroom alot to.

4. Butterflyer

OK, Josh, here's what I'm doing:
    I'm tracking my water and food intake at Fitday. I'm going to aim for a gallon of "moisture", as they call it on that website, each day. That's 3778 grams.:nod:

Yesterday I made it to 3291 grams. So, 10 lashes with a wet noodle for yesterday...

Today I'm at 1725 g so far, and since I'm thinking of water right now, I'm going to go have some.:tu:

I guess for each day I make it, I will give myself a gold star. Or a smiley. I don't know yet.

5. Butterflyer

3823 g of "moisture" for the day. 12 cups of water, yay!

I get a smiley.:)

6. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

This makes it all the much more exciting for me.

I'm in! :D

Let me think for a while what my goals, punishments, and rewards will be, then I will update.

7. Josh601

Josh601 Active Member

Sorry about that.... Had to go out of town for a few days. Lets just decide on our own personal goals for daily water intake. Mine personally will be 1 gallon, and see if we can meet that goal for one week starting tomorrow Sunday, March 25th. If we can manage that we'll see where it goes from there :D

8. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

First, I have to do some calculations, because my containers are all different sizes, which are different that the ones fitday uses.

1 g of water = 1 ml
    500 ml of water = 17 oz = 2.1 Cups

I'm not going to rely completely on fitday's tracking of fluids, because my goal is to increase my pure water consumption as a beverage. So far today, fitday says I've consumed 1529.8 g, but I don't know if it counted the water in my coffee or the moisture in my fruit or yogurt.

My target is a modest 2 L of water (about half a gallon, or 8 1/2 C) per day which must come from pure water drunk from a bottle, glass, or fountain. I'll pick 3,500 g of fluid as my target on fitday and see how that compares to the drinking water levels I report. Crystal Light and Diet Coke can count towards my 3,500 target, but not the 2,000 one. Also, I may have one cup of coffee in the morning, but for each additonal cup of coffee, tea, or decaf I drink, I must first drink at least 500 ml (2 C or 17 oz) of plain water.

If I meet my target, I get a jumping smiley :jumping:
    If I miss my target, I get a spanking smiley :spank:

9. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Saturday :jumping:
    Sunday :jumping:

I felt like I was going to explode yesterday, but today's been much easier. All of my targetted 2 litres is complete with more than 7 hours left until bedtime. :claphigh:

10. Butterflyer

:lol: I'm feeling a little less like exploding.

So far I'm getting at least 10 cups of actual water a day, which is definitely what I want.:tu: I had 4169.7 g of moisture Saturday, and 3938.5 Sunday. Moisture, haha.

2 cheerleader bananas for the weekend! Weekends are MUCH harder for me to get water-drinking done.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. Butterflyer

I got 3890 g of moisture yesterday, and 11 cups of that was water! I give myself a cool smiley.:cool:

12. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Monday :jumping:
    Tuesday :jumping:

13. Butterflyer

Tuesday::spank:
    I think I actually did pretty well for being on the road for a meeting and all.
    I can't drink much when I'm away from the bathroom most of the day!

Wednesday::tucool:
    just squeaking by!

14. Butterflyer

Thursday::spank:
    So close!:doh:

15. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Wednesday :jumping:
    Thursday :jumping:
    Friday: 2 cups so far

16. Butterflyer

Friday::)
    Saturday::)
    Sunday::)

Just barely though...

Looks like I'll make it for today too.:nod: I haven't been tracking in Fitday, just counting cups.

The nurse said my left arm was easier to puncture with the needle today. The right arm still gave her some trouble, but it didn't hurt.:dance:

17. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Friday :jumping:
    Satuday :jumping:
    Sunday :jumping:
    Monday :jumping:
    It's been getting harder each day, so I'm not sure if I'll make it today. I just barely got it in on Sunday and Monday.

18. Butterflyer

Monday::tu:
    Tuesday: :D

12 cups of water today, and I'll also have my fitday goal after I have a cup of milk. I know I used to drink a lot more water than this at my old job, perhaps because drinking water was the best thing to happen to me all day long.:(

I think Josh floated away...:confused:

19. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

[​IMG]
    It looks like we're the only one in this drinking challenge. Maybe we needed bigger prizes. :confused:

Tuesday :spank: 4 cups of water (that's 4 cups more than I had most days last month :D :whistle: )

20. Butterflyer

Wednesday::tucool:

We'll see how I do today....