1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Thanksgiving Temptation

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by BlueThunder, Sep 16, 2008.

1. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Well-Known Member

Its about 10 weeks or so until Thanksgiving. A time when people who maybe haven't seen you in close to a year will see you again. I don't know about you, but I've gained quite a bit of extra weight since the last time I've seen some of these people. So I'm starting this challenge to whip myself into shape before the ultimate cheat meal!

The challenge will be to lose a positive amount of weight every week until November 27. Every bit of progress no matter how small is a step in the right direction and gets each of us closer to our ultimate goal of being able to enjoy the holidays with a fabulous trim physique. An added bonus is being able to see the envious looks on the faces of family who haven't seen you in quite some time!

So who's with me? Just post your starting weight thursday, september 18th and each following thursday. Feel free to chat and post in between official posting days too! Late joiners are welcomed too!

Best of Luck.

2. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Well-Known Member

start = 197.4 pounds.

current = 197.4 pounds

Total Loss = 0

3. d12bn

d12bn Active Member

Ready for fried turkey

I've been working for turkey day for a couple of weeks now. Well I started 6 months ago losing weight but just started thinking about seeing family and good food. I've lost 50 pounds and hit a wall 6 weeks ago. Last week I put up notes all over the house with reminders for my wife and I to work hard until Thanksgiving. This morning I finally hit a new low 174.8. I've been stuck at 176-178 for over a month. So now I'm down a total of 52 pounds.
    Working hard until the 26th! I will have some fried turkey and my favorite sweet, Mom's carrot cake.

When I started I could have set of goal of 6 more pounds by the 26th but now who knows.

So I'll say my starting weight was 178. Currently 174.8. Goal is 171