1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks Everyone! My one month update.

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by Kevinp, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Kevinp

Kevinp Well-Known Member

I just wanted to thank John and everyone else on these forums. Today is my one month goal and I can't believe I've made it this far.

Jan 19, 2004 191.5 lbs
    Feb 19, 2004 173.5 lbs

That's 18 pounds! It has been three and a half years since I weighed this much.

It has been a daily struggle this past month, but I'm eating clean, working out regularly, and the progress is going to keep me going.

Thanks everyone for making a difference in my life!

Kevinp

2. Denzel

Denzel Well-Known Member

wow

Keep up this good work :tucool:

3. citrixmeta

citrixmeta Well-Known Member

GO KEVIN GO!!!!

:bb: :db: :db: :bb:

4. MYBAD?

MYBAD? Well-Known Member

WOW! Good work fella.

:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

5. Jingo

Jingo Well-Known Member

goal for next month? :p

6. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

You're welcome, and congratulations so far! :tu:

18 pounds is a lot of weight to lose in the first month, so I hope a good deal of it was water. Aim to lose about 8 pounds maximum this month. If you are losing more than that, you'll want up your daily caloric intake.

:gl:

7. Tiger King

Tiger King Well-Known Member

18 lbs... Damn, pretty good.

8. tankhead

tankhead Well-Known Member

Nice Job!
    I am on day 26 of my transformation. I started at 232 and 22% percent BF. I was holding quite a bit of water from Syntrax Swole V2 Creatine. I went back to body building in September after three years of long distance road cycling and mountain biking. Ate way to many carbs (calories) and was a strong rider but lost HUGE amounts of muscle and replaced with fat over the last year (23% at 214lbs at the end of last August). Sept. 1st I began bulking back up with muscle till January and taking creatine. I kept my body fat around the same but gained quite a bit of muscle. I was going to wait to start ripping for the summer in Feb. but when I found Johns site on January 24th I was so motivated I actually got quite emotional and starting crying looking at his transformation. I had been living quite a lie. I put soooo much pressure on myself to be a great rider that my fitness and health suffered at a great expense. I no longer wish to be into riding for performance but for fitness only. I am now down to 217 lbs. and 18.5% with 179 LBM and intend to get to 9% at about 190-195 lbs by the last week in May. Again great progress bro, and inspirational to all. Good luck.

9. BiT

BiT Well-Known Member

10. Debujanai

Debujanai Well-Known Member

Great job!

I had about 12 pounds in my first month, but I'm not counting the additional 3.3 pounds I lost during the first day! It didn't help I had a farewell to bad foods feast the night before!

Here's to 10 more pounds in month 2!

11. Paul J

Paul J Well-Known Member

that is a job well done, you have to be careful though, at that "wieght" loss level, you are losing some lean body mass as well, which will come back to haunt you because your body will have a lower BMR, making it more dificult for you to break through those bodyfat barriers. now that you've got a great start, you should put some thought into adding mabye 500 calories to your daily intake, a great source for you, if you are wieght lifting would be protein shakes. you could take one when you wake up, then one after you work out. that would give you maybe 400 extra calories, as well as some much needed protein which will help you to preserve lean body mass. good luck

12. Two Step

Two Step Well-Known Member

Easy does it

First off, I want to applaud everyone for committing to make a postive change in their life!
    While I agree with some others that during an initial weight loss period there can be a larger than normal amount due to the flushing of excess toxins and water from the body, people still need to be careful. Even losing that much "junk" can be hard for the body to deal with after a time.
    I would suggest that people try to stick to no more than 2lb per week weight loss. Its really cheesy but "slow and steady wins the race". I really do speak from experience here. I have gone on the "super-diet-exercise-lose-a-ton-of-weight" plan and it comes back. The body simply cannot adapt that quickly. Losing at a slower rate ensures that your energy levels and metabolism remain high AND that the body has time to adapt to the new improved verison of iteself.

Best of luck to everyone :tu:

13. d_samuylin

d_samuylin Well-Known Member

Nicely said TWO STEP. Not that I would like to add something, but just would like to reenforce that 2lbs a week is more then enough.
    Also, CONGRADUALTIONS, KEVINP. :claplow: Keep up the good work. And post some pictures in Photo Gallery.

14. Jingo

Jingo Well-Known Member

yup it's important we remember to warn people to up their intake as much as we get people to reduce it, large losses are great to a point then they start to get bad.

Of cause this has nothing to do with the fact i've not lost anything in the last 12 days and i'm not bitter in any way shape or form one little bit.....

......git :P

15. d_samuylin

d_samuylin Well-Known Member

Jingo, I was on plateau for three weeks. Imagine, 3 long weeks without weight loss. All I did was to change my cardio from running on the treadmill for 40 min, to doing 35 minutes on eliptical machine, and the scale started going down again. Look at your routines and try to change it to keep your body guessing. I know it sounds simple and muche harder to actually do. However, with careful analysis of your day to day activities, you will rich your goal. This is my third plateau that I broke. I hope not to have a fourth one since I have only 25 - 30 lbs more to go.
    Remember, if you don't see any progress, your body adapted to new you. For some poeple it takes longer, and for others it is really quick. Change something, and I am sure you'll break it.
    :gl:

16. Kevinp

Kevinp Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, I was surprised at how much I lost in a single month. There's no way that I could sustain that weight-loss rate for month two. My goal for the upcoming month is to not gain any of this back. I agree that two pounds a week or eight for the month would probably be the healthiest approach.

Thanks for your well-wishes and best of luck to you on your own programs. :tu:

Kevinp

17. WhitzEnd

WhitzEnd Well-Known Member

Good job my friend...your progress will slow some but it will be progress none the less...keep up the good work

18. HunkOLove

HunkOLove Well-Known Member

Kudos

Good work man. Keep it up! :tu: