1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Taking creatine during cutting?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by argus79, Jun 23, 2009.

1. argus79

argus79 Active Member

Hi, I am confused about taking creatine during cutting. Is it recommended to take creatine during cutting?

Little bit about me: I am 29 years old male, 6'1'', weigh 178lbs, 21% body fat. Currently I have fat around my belly and chest and I am trying to lose it by cutting. I started cutting 2 months back and I was 185lbs then. I started using creating 2 weeks ago and I have almost stopped losing weight since then. I am thinking its becuase of creatine I am taking as suppliment. I will really appreciate a advise.

Thanks for looking at my post.

2. carddante

carddante Well-Known Member

It has been my experience that you can and should take creatine all the time. There is a lot of conflicting information out there (and I am far from an expert), but the general consensus is that creatine is intended to increase your muscle endurance during intense exercise as well as assisting in muscle recovery. I take it whether I'm cutting or bulking.

There is a lot of good information on this board. I recommend doing a search for "creatine" in the Nutrition and Supplements subforum and start reading.

3. Foley

Foley Well-Known Member

Taking creatine when cutting is a good idea. :nod:

4. argus79

argus79 Active Member

Thanks for the reply guys. I think I will continue using creatine.

5. The1andonly

The1andonly Active Member

I am currently in a cutting phase and also using creatine...should I use it after or before working out? Right now I am just using it to recover...and wondering whether I should use it before and after.....

6. Foley

Foley Well-Known Member

What I like to do, when using creatine, is to add it to some amino acids and sip just before and during a workout. Whatever is left I would finish at the end.