1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Sweet Home!

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by BJ, Dec 9, 2012.

1. BJ

BJ Active Member

You got the acronym correct!

And yes... it's rough... thanks for the bode of confidence... this time I'm aiming to go slower and make it stick permanently :nod: (but then again, I rarely have patience to go slow... we'll see where it ends up)

2. BJ

BJ Active Member

with big plans, there's always a challenge!

We just had company in town from Ohio, so the diet has been off for a few days... and I've worked every day since I came home from Germany - 16 straight now - so I'm tired as heck!

Really tempted to not run tonight... but did it anyway :D

Next problem is that my legs aren't recovering. I think that I'm going to move to upper body only lifts for a little while while I get the legs used to running again.

3. BJ

BJ Active Member

Don't know why... but I'm having a hell of a time getting traction. Good news is I haven't gained any weight... bad news is I haven't lost any either.

But today it changes... I called out myself to the wifey poo. (She's struggling to gain traction too - the best thing I can do for her is be a good example).

I will be under 180 by mid-April

4. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Congrats on the new gig! I have always preferred Mercedes Benz.
    I am on my third SL600....love it...and was sad to see that MB is no longer making them...:(

As far as the fitness thing....Just keep plugging away

5. The_Tic

The_Tic Well-Known Member

I have spoke with Renee and the kids, and I do believe you folks and us folks need to plan a time frame for us to make a road trip.

You won't need to worry about eating all out of whack with us by the way, because you know we are on the same page.
    So in reality all I have to say is that by the time we get there you two better have your "A" game on.

Cause I am bringin out the crossfit on ya.
    Boom!

(This round of competitive motivation brought to you by the fine folks of TH Enterprises.) :lol:

6. BJ

BJ Active Member

Come on down! We love having guests... and it will be nice to have some that are into eating right :nod:

I'm steering clear of cross-fit for now though... my shoulder still isn't quite right from last year. :(

#46 BJ, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  7. BJ

BJ Active Member

Thanks! I never knew just how nice a Mercedes was until I had the chance to drive one... always thought it was just a brand name thing. Well, it's not! One of the finest driving machines produced :tu:

8. BJ

BJ Active Member

9. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

10. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

You can do an alternate lacing pattern to loosen the laces. Look up lacing patterns on Google.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

11. BJ

BJ Active Member

Thanks Lefty - I'm actually using lock laces (the elastic kind)... been wanting to try them forever and finally got some. I overtightened them because I was concerned that the elasticity would make them too loose. I think it'll just take me a few times to figure it out.

12. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

I'm sure you will figure it all out BJ.

Tell me how you like the lock laces after you've used them a while.

13. BJ

BJ Active Member

We watched the documentary Forks Over Knives... was very interesting :nod:

We are now thinking of moving toward a mostly fruit and vegetable whole food diet. I don't really think that I could ever go all the way vegan - I love animal products too much.

Right now we are both doing a 3 day juice only cleanse (not pre-made juice, but tons of stuff in the juicer) to try to get a good re-boot since we're having such a hard time getting traction

14. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Good luck to you both. I know you can do it.

15. BJ

BJ Active Member

It's been a while since I posted last. Work has been rolling along full steam! Trying to get a few BIG things accomplished there that are on the down hill slope now - just gotta close strong :nod: should have 2 big accomplishments by the end of the month.

Michelle and I have started running together... that way we can force each other when one or the other doesn't feel like it. Seems to be working right now - I know of several days that I wouldn't have run if it weren't for her and I've pushed her a few days.

Anyway, we'll keep on track of eating better and exercising more :tu: