1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Surgery coming up..what do i do?!

Discussion in 'General Health/Fitness & Injuries' started by Will, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Will

Will Well-Known Member

Ok, in about 1 month, i'm going to need surgery, and i won't be allowed to do cardio or weights for 3 weeks!!! I'm sort of nervous about this, and I was trying to figure out a good way to approach the surgery and the weeks after.
    Right now, im about 12% BF, so I guess I could really go either way in terms of bulking or cutting. I'm leaning towards cutting, but I'm worried about my diet post-surgery... Will a lower calorie diet without excercise cause me to lose a significant amount of muscle in 3 weeks? Would it be better for me to start bulking now, and cut after surgery??
    Im pretty sure that bulking post-surgery would just result in fat... Well, anyone who has any advice, let me know! Thanks

2. brezman

brezman Well-Known Member

Just eat maintenance after surgery.

Until then, do whatever you want.

Three weeks really isn't all that long w/ out exercise.

3. SuPeRhErOgIrL

SuPeRhErOgIrL Well-Known Member

I would recomend that you hold off on bulking until afterwards...from my experiences after any surgery that I had...I would bloat up and definitely add on a little extra poundage...hence the reason why I am so far away from my goal...or so it seems...

I believe that it will be easier to bulk rather than cut after an operation...dpending on the nature of the surgery...but this is based solely on my experiences......

As others previously suggest...maintain during the three week period until you are cleared for light duty...I'd say do a pseudo-cutting regimen for the first two weeks until you are able to lift to full potential...then see what you got!

Good luck with your surgery and may everything go smooth during and after! And take care of yourself...it's the only way to achieve a remarkable recovery!