1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Sup everyone? I am looking to gain some weight!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by RyanTheOne11, Jul 19, 2011.

1. RyanTheOne11

RyanTheOne11 Member

Hey everybody I am new to the forum!

I came here to share some of my knowledge on staying slim and cut and also to get some input on what I should do to gain some weight.

I have been around 150-155 pounds for the past few years and I am looking to hit a nice 165-170.

:D

2. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Welcome. Height? Age? Current diet? Current training program? Training history? Experience? The more info you provide, the better the members here can advise.

3. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Drink milk.. I heard it likes you. :p

Welcome to the boards, Ryan!

4. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Hey Ryan - Like Mastover said, more info will help. Provide some stats and what you have been doing so far and we can give you some advice.

5. RyanTheOne11

RyanTheOne11 Member

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! I am glad to be here.

Here are my stats to help you understand me a little more.

I am 20 years old. Male. I weigh 150 pounds. My training consist of plenty of plyometric exercises + massive amounts of pull ups + push ups ...also I mess around with my resistance band for a hour or so each day. I don't lift weights.

I snowboard everyday in the winter if that is considered working out :P

I can get pretty down with my work outs ...hand stand push ups and all that kind of stuff ...so I would say my experience level is intermediate.

Basically my goal is to gain 20 pounds of muscle and still stay small and tight.

6. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

How tall are you Ryan?

In order to gain muscle, your best bet is to hit the weights. We need to see what your diet looks like. Post EXACTLY what you eat in a typical day.

I can't remember who it is, but someone on the boards here has a great quote in their signature "Want to gain muscle? Eat a lot of food. Lift a lot of weights". You need to eat an excess of celan food to gain muscle. And you are going to need to hit those weights. I'm sure with body weight exercises and plyometrics you can get fit and lean, but you probably aren't going to be very successful at adding muscle.