1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for fibrous carb for meals 4-6

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by superman0218, Apr 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. superman0218

superman0218 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a good idea for a quick, easy fibrous carb to go with my last 3 meals (#4-6)? Ideally it would be something that requires no prep time.

Right now I'm using mixed frozen vegetables and just throwing them in a pan with a bit of olive oil but they're kind of expensive and it's annoying having to do that over and over, plus then I have to clean the pan, etc.

Just thought I'd ask to see if anything you guys eat for your fibrous carbs strikes my fancy. Thanks for any replies!

2. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

Spinach. I eat a lot of raw spinach salads with a vinaigrette of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Otherwise I steam broccoli.

3. Brian Golden

Brian Golden Well-Known Member

Broccoli

Usually I never have the time to steam vegetables and I have not had broccoli in massive amounts like I used to in ages...

So I drink LS-V8 at least once a day..

4. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

Which isn't exactly fibrous :D

5. RV8

RV8 Active Member

You can buy 5# bags of frozen broccoli at Walmart for $4.24. I just throw mine in a Pyrex dish with a matching (non-sealing) lid into the mic. for a couple minutes. The water/ice in the frozen broc. is enough to steam it. I make a homemade pasta sauce that is low in calories and sodium which is great on everything including broccoli.

6. Foley

Foley Well-Known Member

I try to cook 2 days worth of broccoli at once, which cuts down the time. It takes about 2 minutes to cut it up, 1 minute to bring the pot to the boil and 5 minutes to boil. Total time 8 minutes over 2 days.

7. gray

gray Active Member

legumes, like red, black or white beans have a bit of fiber and protein too.

8. superman0218

superman0218 Well-Known Member

Broccoli sounds like a good idea, cheap and easy. I have a Walmart less than a mile from my place so I'll check it out tomorrow.

Thanks for the ideas everyone. More welcome as always!