1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Stupid Question: Max-OT

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by superboy, Feb 18, 2004.

1. superboy

superboy Well-Known Member

Hey all! Hope everyone's programs are going well.

I have a dumb question about Max-OT. I simply do not have 5 days per week to devote to weight training right now, which is why I was happy with the 3-day pyramid split that I have been doing. However, I'm wondering if it is safe/effective to use the Max-OT concepts in a 3 day per week workout split, and I wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think. I can keep up with the pyramid sets that I am currently doing but I don't think I'm maximizing my training capabilities that way. I would really appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks!!
    Steven

2. Ken In Canada

Ken In Canada Well-Known Member

Hi Steven,

I'm just into the course right now, and wasn't too keen on the idea of 5 days of weight training. After the 3rd week, I can tell you that you won't be spending more than 30 minutes on your workouts, if you're doing it properly (at least the way I'm reading it).

The idea is basically one body part per day, and repeat week after week. I imagine spending 30 minutes on one body part is more than sufficient to produce results. I've upped my squat, bench and curl by 10% in all cases. These are initial big gains, and I expect them to fall a bit after a while, but the point is that it works.

I do my cardio in the morning (5:30am) for 45 minutes. After we get the kids to bed (all 4 of 'em!) by 8pm, I'm ready to do 30 minutes of Max OT for that day. It still gives me time to do stuff around the house and watch CSI with my wife at night. :)

In any case, try it for 2 weeks. If it's not something you can adapt into your daily routine (and I have - with 2 jobs, 4 kids and not a lot of time!), then I think you'll be hooked on it's results alone.

Best of luck!

Ken :tu:

3. corbint

corbint Well-Known Member

check out week 6 in the max-ot document, they have a 3 day MAX-OT split that will be perfect for you!

4. superboy

superboy Well-Known Member

Thank you SOOO MUCH! If that damned PDF had a table of contents I wouldn't have been putting off Max-OT for so long!!! You're my hero! :) By the way, I checked out your website. Congrats on the great progress you've been making!