1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

STOP! Hammer time!

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by sevenatenine, Oct 5, 2010.

1. sevenatenine

sevenatenine Active Member

I won this Christmas.

First and foremost I had a great day filled with family and friends.
    Second, most respected my request for no chocolate/sweets and I only got two packages of chocolates from my girlfriend. My mom got me flavored almonds and protein bars instead haha.
    Third, Overall I feel I pretty successfully avoided making a pig of myself with christmas treats. I had a few afternoon treats from the snack table, but it was just a tasty nibble here and there, not constant grazing. This is pretty exciting for me because I was able to moderate myself and enjoy some treats without gorging which has been a habit I have been trying to break myself of for years. Also dinner was mostly turkey and veggies for me, with small amounts of scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes and stuffing.

2. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Good for you in enjoying the holiday in moderation! You're way ahead of the game now since you don't have to work off any Christmas poundage...keep up the good work, seven!:tu:

3. Foley

Foley Well-Known Member

Happy holidays to you man! Congrats on not letting the slip turn into a fall with the diet.

4. sevenatenine

BRACE YOURSELVES!
    Here comes the first wave of January warriors, reared up and ready to go, they will invade your gym and take no prisoners in their quest to get fit for the new year!
    I do not look forward to this time of the year in the gym, so many people everywhere, many of them taking up equipment I want to use even though they aren't quite sure what to do with it. I anticipate many people doing things like bench dips on the only good flat bench press (when theres like 6 single benches lying around) and doing bb curls in the squat rack while people are waiting to do squats. This is my first new year in my new gym so I'm not sure how bad it will be, but heres to hoping they all want to do cardio haha.

To all the regulars, good luck not tripping over the hoards of new people in your on going quest to stay fit.
    Just remind yourself of the lifecycle of the average January warrior.
    Week 1: I'm going to go 5 days a week to get fit for new years, YEA BABY LETS GO!
    Week 2: Ok maybe 5 days was a bit much, 3 seems more manageable.
    Week 3: I have been really good these past two weeks, I can afford to skip a day and have a treat.... maybe some Chinese buffet.
    Week 4: Ya know, I really don't have time for this, plus I'm there's a new American Idol on tonight.... But next year for sure I will stick with it!!
    Week 5: Back to normal with a few extra regular faces in the crowd.

To all you new years warriors, good luck in your quest to get fit and I look forward to a few of you becoming regular once it all calms down.

Happy new year everyone!

5. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Shit we got the newbie rush here too, there is like what, 5 new journals started for the new year? I need to get ready to smack a ho that tries to block me from my squats or deadlifts so he can do some fucking forearm curls or shrugs. Anyway let's kick some ass this year, the gym will be all ours again come February.

6. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

Happy 2011 C!:)

7. sevenatenine

Ok so my new gym was NOT busy for the first Monday in January. There was about 4 extra people using the weights in total, but they came in waves of two. The parking lot was PACKED though so I think they might have all been swimming or taking the classes. Either way, I hate working out when threes like 10 people standing on my shoes so I'm happy.

Thanks J, you too!

8. sevenatenine

Quick update for anyone who thought maybe I had perished.
    I have had a heavy priority shift towards schooling since the new year. My university application has been submitted but I still have to submit my personal essay and final highschool transcript. My personal essay will be submitted this weekend and highschool marks by the end of this month. I just got back my physics exam and final marks, I got a 97% on the exam with a final course mark of 98%.

I continue to hit the gym and am currently trying out a 3 day a week DC training routine and loving it. Diet hasn't been as tight as I would like and I'm about 197lbs now, but I have enough other stuff to stress about right now and I feel like I'm making good progress in the gym so I am going to continue eating lots and lifting hard. I have decided once all my courses are completed and I am just awaiting a response from the university I will begin a cut to ~180lbs.

Assuming I am accepted into the engineering program I plan on continuing to lift and try to eat right, but from what I have heard about the engineering course load this may need to take a back seat to school work. I find when I am super busy I continue to hit the gym but my diet slips as junk food is generally faster and easier to cook then healthy meals and I probably go from a 90% clean diet to a 50% clean diet.

9. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Good to see you back and that school is going well for you man.

10. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

How's school?
    I think if I had to chose between a clean diet and exercise I'd chose a clean diet. It helps with intellectual tasks that you will have to do for school and keeps your energy levels high. Still, add a cardio workout whenever you have time, that's important as well while you study. Good luck with everything!:)