1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

STOP! Hammer time!

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by sevenatenine, Oct 5, 2010.

1. sevenatenine

sevenatenine Active Member

haha my girlfriend is 3 years older than me and she doesn't find it very funny when I suggest maybe I'm getting old either. I keep telling her I'm turning 27 and thats almost 30.... damn I'm old lol.

Luckily the bed was on sale, 1/2 price so just over $1400 out the door. =Still it's one of those fancy eurotop ones with the fancy foams built into the top of it. Felt kind of like lying on a cloud in the store, I'm excited to see how it feels after lying on it for 8 hours. Or more importantly, how I feel after lying on it for 8 hours.

2. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

yes, getting old feels just like that. suddenly your body becomes more sensitive, you have trouble sleeping, your hair looks different (or you start losing it), you don't have as much energy as before, you start caring about who you sleep with, not every suit suits you well, you can't drink as much as before, etc.

fuck you both, i'm the oldest here and i say you stop with this 'getting old business':mad: it makes me depressed.:cry:
    Buttersweet has spoken.

the truth is, however, that there is something great about getting old, or 'mature' to be precise. so many uncertainties vanish forever. with every birthday since my 30th i feel better than ever before. perhaps that will change when i reach my 5th decade but for you men it's even easier.

3. sevenatenine

Ok so someone between the store and the delivery department and the manufacturer fucked up. They called wed and told me that the delivery time had been changed from Friday 5-9, to Friday 9-5. I called delivery to try and get it changed to a smaller time window and the lady laughed at me on the phone and said "there is no way that mattress is getting delivered tomorrow, it would have to be on a truck tonight and it hasn't even been delivered by the manufacturer yet".

Long story short, I spent over an hour on the phone speaking to people who all appeared to be mildly retarded and no I have to wait until next Thursday to get my new bed :mad:

4. sevenatenine

Todays chest workout wasn't as strong as I would have liked. Mid last week when I was sleep deprived I hit 200lbs on the flat bench for 3 and today after 10 hours of sleep last night I just managed to squeak out 4 reps with it. I have been noticing declining improvements in a lot of lifts which I expected as they got heavier, but the past few weeks I have been noticing strength DECLINES on a few lifts! I have been hitting it pretty hard for the past two months so after todays chest workout I decided to take it easy the rest of the week and do straight sets of 10's and avoid everything heavy. I'm hoping this will give my body a bit of a chance to rest up so I can come back and start smashing it again next Monday with a renewed vigor.

I got some GABA in the mail today, anyone tried this stuff? Its supposed to help you relax and sleep better at night as well as increase growth hormone production while sleeping. My sleep has been restless at best lately and I don't get my new bed until Thursday so I'm hoping it helps with a restful nights sleep. I will find out tonight and post back tomorrow if I noticed anything!

5. sevenatenine

I'm so proud of myself, I managed to restrain from lifting heavy today!
    I usually say "i'm going to lift light" than once I get into the gym I start throwing plates on and just can't help myself. Today I used girly weights and did everything slow and strict for 3x10. 60lb preacher curls, 95lb close grip bench press's, 30lb hammer curls and 70lb lying tricep extensions. So much restraint packed into one day, I hope I can last all week haha.

GABA made me feel weird, couldn't tell if it helped me sleep or not because my gf woke me up at 6am. But I did feel rather refreshed today considering I only got 5 hours sleep. I really think the main culprit is the old ass mattress I'm sleeping on.

2 more sleeps until my new bed comes.

6. Buttersweet

i think this could be the same problem i'm having, plus the stress and all. at least you're getting a new bed, that's great!

7. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Maybe just a good old week off would do you some good. Then you can try going back in like an animal and lifting heavy.

8. sevenatenine

The physics teacher says I get full marks on the lesson for showing him why the books question is wrong and doesn't make sense when you break it down.

With the weights I'm moving its pretty much a week off with a little active recovery lol.

1 more sleep! My mattress comes tomorrow!

9. Buttersweet

:claphigh::claphigh:

10. sevenatenine

Wow, where have I been. I guess there's not much exciting to post about when your taking a week off. I got my new bed, it was weird to sleep on the first couple nights but it is growing on me FAST. I think I'm just used to something different, and better or not its going to take some adjusting.

The light week seemed to have done the trick. I felt great today and I got my 200lbs for 5 reps on the flat bench even though I had to use the crappy slippery bench and I almost fell off.

11. Buttersweet

i forgot that 'light' means 'rest':D
    slippery bench? :eek:

12. sevenatenine

Today I did:
    Leg press 270X20, 450x10 and 630x5
    Hammer strength plate load leg curl I did a couple warm ups then 105X8,3,3 with a 30 second rest between sets.

That was it though. I was just done, didn't want to do any more and left. Usually I spend about an hour to an hour and a half in the gym, today 40 minutes (including a 5 minute warm up run). I have mixed feelings about that workout. The weights/reps were higher then I have ever done, but it was by far the quickest and lowest total work set leg day I have ever done so I can't help but feel like I cheated myself because I hate leg day.

yea the vinyl on it is old, hard and perfectly smooth. When I lye down on it my shirt slips against it like a well oiled surface. There is another flat bench thats not like this, but it was being used by a couple guys who I could tell were going to be a while and I didn't want to wait.

13. sevenatenine

Worked up to a 295x2 deadlift today. Next week it will be x5!

14. Buttersweet

you're still testing your knees?

15. sevenatenine

Why wouldn't I be? :confused:

16. sevenatenine

Well I usually relax my diet a little on the weekend and don't worry about it, but I figured it was worth posting that this weekend was a straight up holiday binge. Both saturday and sunday I ate my normal breakfast, and pretty much nothing else but junk all day. I'm posting this because I am not pleased with this, and unless I want to be over 200lbs before the end of the holidays it cannot be a habit. When I say it cannot be a habit I mean it cannot happen again.

Today was chest day, finally hit my goal of 205x5 flat bb bench press! I am quite pleased with myself.

17. Whoracle

A bad weekend happens to us all, you'll be all right.

18. sevenatenine

I was leg pressing 630lbs today and on rep 8 I pushed so hard I almost pooped myself.:lol:

19. Whoracle

I fart all the time at the gym so don't worry. Leg day always gets me all gassy. Hope I'm not the only one with that problem lol

20. sevenatenine

Not sure what happened, I seem to have forgotten about my journal. So far I have had a few christmas treats here and there, but I have been VERY good compared to years past. To be honest I'm just not that interested, probably in part because I'm currently eating about 3k calories a day clean food and in part because I noticed and am trying to avoid my past trend of pigging out and gaining 5+lbs over the holidays.

Anyways, over the past two weeks I broke my bench record. I hit a max of 210x5 on flat bench. I got my deadlifts up to 295x4, and rack pulls from just below the knees for 315x4. Got my decline lying tricep extensions to 90x5 (on an olympic ez curl bar) and I have just been killing it in the gym.

I have been slacking HARD on my physics course. Stalled out on lesson 12 for the past week, not because its hard, just because I haven't been working on it. This is NOT good, with application deadline looming and 1 more course to go I cannot afford to slow down like this now.

Well I'm off to hit some arms at the gym, then Christmas dinner at the gf's parents and my parents tomorrow. My plan is to avoid the snacks everyone always puts out because its just extra crap I don't need/want in me and at dinner I will load my plate up with turkey, small amounts of carbs and lots of veggies.

Merry Christmas everyone, have a great weekend!