1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

STOP! Hammer time!

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by sevenatenine, Oct 5, 2010.

1. sevenatenine

sevenatenine Active Member

Ok So over the past 3 months I have cut down from 210lbs to 185, I'm feeling great, except for this hungry weakness that's been stirring inside. Time to grow a beard, eat some food and move heavy shit.

ITS HAMMER TIME!

I decided the best way to do this was to set up some goals, and eat 3000 calories per day, 250g> protein, 200g< carbs, and whatever is left over in fats. Not going to be 100% strict on macro's, but I am shooting for at least 90% accuracy on the calorie intake.

I am aiming to hit all these goals before the end of this year. Most of them should be easy because they were my working weights for X5 before I cut 25lbs and got all weak. Deadlifts should be interesting because I have never pulled 305 before, but I love deadlifting and it just feels right so LETS DO IT! :bb:
    I will be taking regular tape/weight measurements and inputting them in the body shop because its easy to use, I like the UI and its there.

#1 sevenatenine, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  2. sevenatenine

Ok, I'm not just going to be hammering away in the gym and at the dinner table. As some of you may recall, I am also hammering away in the library working on getting the prerequisite courses to apply for university in the fall of 2011. I'm a highschool dropout, went back to college, decided I was sick of being bored as fuck and I want a challenging job where I can thrive. Talked to the local university and they told me that if my college grades were over a 3.7gpa they would accept that for general admission. I finished with a 3.98gpa, highest in my class.

They also told me I would still need to obtain the highschool math's and sciences specific to the program I wanted to enroll in. This means chemistry, calculus and vectors, advanced functions, and physics. Woo hoo! :claphigh:
    I will be doing them all through correspondence locally and they must be completed one at a time.

#2 sevenatenine, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  3. sevenatenine

Killer shoulder workout today, hit 125x5 with the bb shoulder press. That 135x5 goal might not be far off.

4. Llirik

Llirik Well-Known Member

I might adopt your bench and press End of the Year goals.
    I'm nowhere near your deadlift goal

Good luck dude. If you can press 125 for 5, 135 is just around the corner!
    Good luck with your studies too. That's something I've been terrible with lately.

5. sudy

sudy Active Member

sounds like it's a solid plan! good luck :)

6. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

you sound very determined about both of your plans, and i have a feeling there's nothing stopping you on the way. :)
    I'd say good luck, but you don't need it, you're on the right track:tu:

7. sevenatenine

Eating 3000 clean calories a day is hard.... I'm not sure what the problem is because I have eaten far more per day on a regular basis in the past. My best guess is that in the past it has been processed foods, primarily carbs that don't really fill you up and now I'm eating primarily protein/fats with small amounts of carbs.

Whatever the case, I had to force down my before bed meal last night and I'm sitting here eating breakfast this morning and just finding myself completely uninterested in it. I decided to make this post instead of eating it :D
    I wonder if this is how "hard gainers" feel all the time?

8. sevenatenine

This beard business is itchy, I have never had a beard but I'm assuming it will stop being itchy once it grows in more. For now, its itchy and driving me nuts.
    Back workout was just OK today as I was feeling tired. I was up late trying to make room for more food, then for some reason I woke up an hour early and was wide awake.

Got to the gym and some guy was super setting 1/4chinups with 1/4 squats. He was literally squatting with a 6" ROM, and his chinups didn't even bring his chin above his elbows... whatever, I had an lol.

9. sevenatenine

Great evening.
    I went to the school to get my midterm mark and hand in some more lessons and I got a 97% grade on the mid term. My mom lives near the school so I stopped by and she asked me to give her a drive to the post office to pick up her parcel from AtLarge. Once she had the parcel shes like "Theres a case of protein bar's in here that I ordered for you for Christmas but I want some so I'm just going to give them to you now". She took 4 bars out and gave me the other 12, pretty much a full case!!

10. sudy

sudy Active Member

you might be struggling with the 3000 calories because your stomach hasn't had a chance to adapt to more food yet.. it'll probably get easier over the next few days/weeks. regarding the beard though.. is it time for a shave? :)

11. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

How are you're clothes fitting? Any tighter? That's a problem with gaining weight.

12. Llirik

Llirik Well-Known Member

I hate that itchy feeling of trying to grow facial hair. That, and I just don't have the thickness. My beard would look like something out of a Beavis and Butthead Beard Boys episode,

[​IMG]

Oh yeah..

What's a 6" ROM? and what's a 1/4 chinup? Like one half of one-half of a chinup?

13. sevenatenine

Arms today, got up to 55X5 on the preacher curls and 65X5 on the lying tricep extensions. Quite a way off from the 70/90 goals, but I think once I get ramped up here strength gains should start jumping.
    I had a hard time finding a way to get a really good stretch in my triceps, I need to find a method that works.

*edit* I picked up another 10lbs of allmax allwhey for $85, but my stamp card got filled so I only payed $50. I got 5lbs of butterscotch maple fudge to mix it up a little and its pretty amazing. So much protein in my kitchen, at least 25lbs. I should take a picture of my stash, its pretty sweet.

That would be counter productive in growing a beard. I take it your another beard hater?

Nope not yet, my calories are at a VERY modest number so I'm hoping to avoid putting on to much fat.

Haha that picture is great, I haven't seen beavis and butt head in years! I had a buddy in college who's facial hair grew in exactly like that too.

ROM is rang of motion, the bar was literally only moving 6", he barely bent his knees at all to squat... and yea the 1/4 chinup was exactly what it sounds like.

I just wanted to share that because it was one of the things that I saw in the gym that made me laugh inside, like the guy in his 40's who walks around with his arms WAYYYY out to the side flaring his lats.... like he will walk around the gym like that for an hour. so funny.

#13 sevenatenine, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  14. sevenatenine

184.8lbs this morning.

15. sudy

sudy Active Member

haha, another? well, not really.. I just wouldn't be able to stand the itch myself. luckily I'll never have to worry about that anyway :)

16. sevenatenine

I made a pig of myself over the weekend :o.
    It was Canadian thanksgiving this weekend and although I intended on approaching it with a healthy moderate attitude and trying to eat as close to plan as possible I didn't. We went to my girlfriend parents house for dinner Saturday night, my moms Sunday and both days pretty much went like this. Ate breakfast as usual, second meal as usual, went to someone's parents house where they had snacks set out before dinner, ate too many snacks then ate too much dinner. After I was stuffed, waited a couple hours then ate some dessert. Too much dessert at her parents house, just a small piece of pumpkin pie at my moms house.

Overall her moms house was much worse for me because her mom is a "feeder", and I find her parent's boring and when I'm bored I always seem to eat more.

I had a good chest workout yesterday, adding weight or reps to all my lifts.

I decided to try going stimulant free for a couple weeks. I have been addicted to stimulants since I started drinking coffee at 14 and while I don't see an inherent problem with this, I have been consuming 48-72mg ephedrine and 600-800+mg caffeine daily for the past few months and I want to give my body a break. Also I can't help but wonder if once my system is cleared and gets used to running without stimulants if my overall energy levels will be better. I know this was the case with my attitude after I quit smoking.

So the rest of October will be stim free. This means no pre workout supps, no coffee, no tea, no pills etc.

caffeine free: 3 days

17. Llirik

Llirik Well-Known Member

You're gonna be one grumpy dude !:jumping:

18. sudy

sudy Active Member

taking a break from the stimulants is probably going to be pretty tough... can't help but agree with Llyrik, but I'm sure you can do it :)
    I find it interesting how you can keep restricting your intake though, gotta say I'm impressed by that as I struggle just to keep my own diet clean :blank:

anyway, good luck with your challenge! :)

19. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

:lol::lol::lol:

:bow:

20. sevenatenine

I was soooo tired I just fell asleep on the couch and napped right through gym time today. I will have to push everything forward and I will be hitting the gym on saturday.

Caffeine free: 4 days