1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Stamina Conversion II Elliptical Stepper

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by sher, Oct 10, 2005.

1. sher

sher Well-Known Member

2. zenpharaohs

zenpharaohs Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Depending on your endurance, you actually can consider cardio and lifting back to back.

Plus, you don't need a step machine to do steps. All you need is a sturdy platform and a little room. If you want an official piece of exercise equipment "plyo boxes" would be excellent. For example here:

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/1210-12.html

You can use this for high impact and low impact steps, and you can adjust the intensity by carrying dumbells or some other load (weight vest, belt, loaded knapsack).

It takes up less space than the machine.

Now I have an elliptical, and I use it, but it is no longer the mainstay of my cardio. These days I'm jumping rope a lot. And that is a really inexpensive alternative, but it's got some impact.

3. sher

sher Well-Known Member

hey man thx for the suggestions. I wanted a machine cause its less ummm not really repetitive but less boring then stepping up and down on a box for 30-60 mins. im not very motivated to say the least, but if i had a machine i can do it while i watch tv no problem. thx for the suggestion though.

on another note i thought it was more beneficial to work cardio and lift seperate? i used to do both back to back till i read that it actually negatively affects me doing it that way.

4. zenpharaohs

zenpharaohs Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Cardio on the elliptical gets boring as fast as anything else. That's why they have all cardio machines face TVs in the gyms. And you can watch the tube while stepping. Plus, you can use your plyo platform for pistol squats, or to elevate your feet for pushups, either of which would be very complicated and probably inadvisable on an elliptical machine.

As far as separating cardio and lifting, you probably want to look into the reasoning and benefits of doing that and see how that lines up with your goals. Not everyone is horrified about muscle exercise at the threshold of catabolism. It may be important for you to keep them separate, but it might not be.

5. agraves

agraves Well-Known Member

My mom has this machine. I've used it and it's actually a pretty good machine. I don't know about overall durability but we were missing a part when we went to put it together and called the company and we received it the next day. It's got some nice variety since you can adjust it to either use it as an elliptical or a stepper. One side note, as an elliptical it's got a pretty short stride length so if you're looking for a long smooth stride, look on. But, other than that, it seems to be a pretty decent machine for the money made by a good company.

6. jesse1

jesse1 Well-Known Member

7. sher

sher Well-Known Member

8. jesse1

jesse1 Well-Known Member

9. sher

sher Well-Known Member

well they offer monthly payments so that helps alot. i will upgrade thx for the info!