1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Spray-on tick repellent?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Zilla, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

Yesterday we brought one of the dogs in for his yearly physical. While I was there, I inquired about yard sprays that supposedly kill ticks as they are out in force here already. Blech! I'd rather have Wolf Spiders in the house than deal with ticks, but I digress.

None of the staff at my vets office could say whether the yard sprays really work or not, but they did mention that there was some kind of spray at Dick's Sporting Goods that works well. It isn't a yard spray, but it is safe to spray on clothing so ticks will go elsewhere. Has anybody heard of it or know what this spray is called?

I can protect the dogs via products such as Advantix, but I need something for me. I have enough issues. I don't need to add Lyme Disease to the list.

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Ticks are bad out on the trails here in Florida. I use Repel Sportsmen Max (40% Deet) before every ride and it does a great job of keeping ticks off of me.

3. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

Thanks, John.

It seems as though Dick's doesn't carry it, but Sports Authority does. Next time we're up that way, I'll get some.