1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Splenda any1?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by dms2425, Nov 24, 2004.

1. dms2425

dms2425 Well-Known Member

what do you guys think of it to replace sugar??

2. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

It's the only sweetener I use if I use any at all. I prefer it to aspartame.

3. pixie

pixie Well-Known Member

I love splenda. It's not too sweet (like aspertame/nutrasweet/equal) and, IMO, has no aftertaste like the aforementioned artificial sweeteners.
    And it works so well in coffee, my one of few vices.

4. Kino

Kino Well-Known Member

I buy it by the bag. It's all I use...don't even like sugar in my oatmeal or coffee anymore.

5. DeafNgari

DeafNgari Well-Known Member

Second that... splenda is good stuff if you need a sweetner. I am done using it though. The only sugary treat anymore for me (aside from occasional diet rite soda... which is splenda flavored) is sugar free jelly. It is funny... eventually you stop liking the taste of most sugary things. Although I will always be a sucker for nice desserts.

6. CASD

CASD Well-Known Member

I buy it by the 2000 packet box $25 only sweetner I'll use and I check for cereal/pop.. that uses it also..

7. Mick Mauldin

Mick Mauldin Well-Known Member

I use it in my cream of wheat. I have used it in cereal early on. It doesn't work for me in coffee, so I just don't drink it.

8. dms2425

dms2425 Well-Known Member

I have been using it for a while now and its great

9. Lindsay

Lindsay Well-Known Member

hi
    i use it in chai tea..i found it makes coffee taste funny..i too have gotten used to coffee with just plain old milk..sacrifices :p

lindsay

10. JKulp42757

JKulp42757 Well-Known Member

My grandmother who is now 63 had seizures 8 years ago. The doctor told her it was from too much nutrasweet, that nutrasweet can cause seizures in a very small percentage of users, but that since it's owned by such a big company, the money behind it, it won't be taken off the market.

She stopped NutraSweet & no seizures for 8 years. Then Splenda comes out, she starts using it...seizures come back.

The doc said 2 of the 3 main ingredients that make up Splenda, are also in NutraSweet.

This is of course a very rare circumstance..probably .1 of 1%, or perhaps less. Just thought I would post the info. I myself use Splenda, it's good stuff!

11. JazzyJersey

JazzyJersey Well-Known Member

I love it and use it liberally daily. However, I wish I could find the real truth about its caloric content. The official website says "no calorie sweetner" but the nutrition content reads < 1g Carbs. :confused:

If it's not 0 carbs, fat and protein then there's gotta be some calories in the product. Still, it beats sugar.

12. JMR

JMR Well-Known Member

Mercola is a fruit :D