1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

sore muscles few days after training?

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by Jono, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

having sore muscles after training has always been a problem.. its a nice feeling (in a way).. but it is terribly dreadful when say your back is so sore and you have to gruge your way threw a chest workout.

try taking 400 I.U. Vitamin E after a workout, i have found this has greatly reduced my soreness..

i still get sore, but not nearly to the point where it affects my ability of my next workout.

besides, a persons daily diet does not reach the recomended intake of vitamin e.. i've read that for serious weight lifters 1200 IU is recomended.. id stick with 400 to 800

2. d!abolic

d!abolic Well-Known Member

After taking a week off lifting and then doing squats, my quads were incredibly sore for 5 days. The first 3-4 days i had to grab onto the rails with both arms to walk downstairs. So don't complain ;) It gets better with every week though - this was 4 weeks ago and last time i did squats, my quads were fine the same day, even though i upeed the weight and all.

3. seeDerekNow

seeDerekNow Well-Known Member

Yea, working legs tends to make me so sore the next couple days that it's hard to do any sort of cardio. I'm trying to alternate my cardio and lifting days, but it's getting tough when your legs are too sore to get on the bike or elliptical.

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Also be sure that you're drinking enough water! It definately makes a difference in muscle recovery. Be sure that you take the time to streach before and after your workout;s as well.