1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Some progress

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by Blinkbear, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Blinkbear

Blinkbear Well-Known Member

Profile, Feb. 28, 2010. 23 yrs old. 6'0 295lb (Heaviest ever)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Began Feb. 28, 2010. 23 yrs old. 6'0 where I was my heaviest ever at 295lbs. Definitely not my proudest moment. 3 months of diet and exercise gets me down to 250. June, July, and half of August was a wash. It completely lacked exercise and a diet but I maintained 250-255 the entire time. THe recent pics were take Aug 08, 2010 at 248lbs

Front

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Been watching the food intake (but by no means strict. Only been strict the past week) and lifting again for the past month and currently 236 and still goin. Least I've weighed since probably 8th grade. Gotta keep it up and take another pic sometime this month :) Face erased for modesty, ha.

#1 Blinkbear, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  2. george mavridis

george mavridis Active Member

good progress so far ...... keep at it

hey seems like you have pizza on the brain...lol

3. Blinkbear

Hey thanks! It goes without saying, I think, pizza is on the brain quite often these days haha. As long as it's not in the belly lol

4. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Good progress. Seems the go easy method is working for you. See how far it takes you and then maybe try reading some of the stickies on nutrition and body recomp. Only my opinion.

5. Blinkbear

Thank you. Ya it seems to be working. Though, it was really unintended. I was going strong with no intention of stopping... then the one year wedding anniversary came up where we took a trip to Arizona to visit the in-laws for a week and then it was all downhill after that. Only difference between this time and last time I've fallen off the wagon is I didn't put the weight back on. I'm excited cuz now that I'm ready to get the rest of it off it's just that much less work I have to do.

I've read the stickies time and time and time again. Hours upon hours of research on body comp, diet, lifting.. all that fun stuff. I've dieted and exercised/liftned off and on over the past 4-5 years. Just each time I've given up after bout a month or so. Each and every time. Like I said, I was at my heaviest ever this past end of February, beginning of March. I'd been maintaining around 275 for the past couple years but for some reason (lots and lots of food) I just exploded beginning of this year and enough was enough.

Luckily, I'm no beginner in weightroom and I can draw off my experience lifting weights for football in High School. I've read and read so much I know what I have to do and how to do it, my issue is doing up a program and STICKING to it. I took a (unintended) break for a little while this summer but I think (and I'm gonna try and not to think of this as rationalizing lol) it may have even been beneficial to me cuz now I'm back, fresh and ready to finish the job haha

#5 Blinkbear, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010