1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Some Beach

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by GM Enthusiast, Jan 19, 2005.

1. GM Enthusiast

GM Enthusiast Well-Known Member

(title is from a Blake Shelton song, for those confused)

Most of last year I was on a roll. Starting in January, and continuing into early Fall, I managed to drop over 50lbs. I started out at 260, and in early October had hit a low of 206lbs. Then the laziness set in. It got colder, more and more I did not do any morning cardio because it was too cold out, and then stopped going to the gym and lifting as well.

Last year I was playing hockey on the weekends, so that both helped in working out, and encouraged me to keep going, because every pound I dropped helped me that much more in my game. Now fast forward to last week. After not playing since last October (no more hockey, no more working out, obvious where I was getting a lot of encouragement from), I got a call that there was a spot for me to play. So now back to working out I go.

I guess I'm somewhat lucky that I didn't do much damage. I continued eating ok - not the best, but I wasn't back to eating burgers, I was keeping it somewhere near 3000 calories on a typical day. Unfortunately some days I was over, and it showed in that I was 212lbs at the beginning of last week. Some of that was obviously water weight - as of this morning I am at 209lbs. Good for me, didn't backslide too much.

Now I am back to early morning cardio daily (45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on available time), and the gym every Monday (triceps, chest, shoulders), Wednesday (legs) and Friday (biceps, back, abs). The good diet is back too, keeping it between 2000-2200 calories per day. I'm still working on the foods so I'm not posting any specifics yet.

I've got a blog set up, the link in my sig at the bottom. I'll be doing most of my updates there, but return here every so often for a status update. My last photo update is here: http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=6396