1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Some advice

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by Fat Incinerator, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Fat Incinerator

Fat Incinerator New Member

Hi Guys,

I have been on this site for couple weeks now and I keep comming back here with all the usefull info here. :)

My focus is to loose fat with the science behind it. With the TDEE and Macro calculator and stuff. In the past I have lost weight but without lifting weight. What I did then was cardio and matrial arts. Because I am a endomorph I gain very easy weight if I get loose my focus on nutrition. I was able to loose weight from 113.5 KG to 82KG back then.

After some time I lost my focus and gained weight. But now its time with a diffrent approach with weight lifting included.

I was 111.5KG in december-2017 and have lost 16.5KG in 6 months. With the following method:

-Changed nutrition
    -Weight lifting
    -Cardio
    -Martial arts

I am training hardcore now 5/6 days a week sometimes twice a day. I want to go further till I have 10% body fat.

So i am trying to understand the science behind the calculator stuff so I wont burn muscle.

What if your Target Daily Caloric Intake is 1650 calories for fatloss, and you workout 1000cals a day.
    Fat Loss macro
    Carbs: 163 G per day.
    Protein: 163 G per day.
    Fats: 36 G per day.

Will you burn muscle cause of the high cal burn? Or are you safe because you meet the macro rules? Will I still gain muscle if I burn this much cals?

Next week I will start with IF combined with this.

Thanks in advance.

2. Fat Incinerator

The first time I lost weight bigtime I think I lost also a lot muscle. I noticed when training martial arts my hard punches and kicks where gone. I was become faster but less powerfull.

This is the first time I joined a gym to do lifting weight. The way I train at the gym is by doing a total body workout I dont have leg days and arms days and stuff. This is the way I train for years in the dojo total body I apply this also for fitness.

I am 1.73 meters long and weight 95KGs. Still too much strange thing is since I lift weight the clothes I used to wear when I was 82KG do fit now! Very happy with that :)

3. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Metabolism, fat loss, and muscle retention are very complicated and variable. I will simplify my response by saying that if you are using a muscle through movement or exercise, you don't have to worry about losing that muscle. So in a calorie defecit, a full body strength training routine with core and acessory work will help you minimize muscle loss.

#3 macdiver, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  4. Fat Incinerator

Ok cool. Thanks for the advice

What I notice is that my weight goes very slow down now but you keep noticing visual I keep looking like I have lost more weigh again.